Do you like MKXL

• Yes

Votes: 177 64.8%
  • No

Votes: 96 35.2%

• Total voters

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
TYM has been a funny site in the last month. A strange wave of consideration and opinion pushing has come across the community, and really it leaves the ultimate question; do we as a community and a majority LIKE this game?

Having listened to a bradycast recently, CDjr gave the advice that we need to be vocal about what we want, and I think he's right.

Please vote and give feedback.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I voted no and figured I'd post why.

The game to me just got really stale. Almost every character had some form of corner carry and some form of 50/50s and it seemed like the entire meta was based on rushdown and offense more than footsies/defense. Not to say the latter don't exist in the game, but they didn't seem as prevalent. All that just led to frustration and boredom. To be blunt, the game wasn't fun, and devolved into the same meta almost every match.

I will say though that I am a reactionary defense/zoning type of player, so the game's mechanics were pretty much going against everything I like to do in FGs. Take that for what you will.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I did when it came out. Pretty much up into the beta. And after with some changes and stuff im just like...why? And now i just don't play it anymore :(

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Yes.

I love this game and at the same time, I don't believe 100% when certain people say they don't. Because if you're a stalker like me and take a look at the "last seen" on the profile of those who frequently complain about the game, you can see they come on TYM very often. It makes no sense to stop playing the game because you hate it and be an active member here at the same time.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Yes.

I love this game and at the same time, I don't believe 100% when certain people say they don't. Because if you're a stalker like me and take a look at the "last seen" on the profile of those who frequently complain about the game, you can see they come on TYM very often. It makes no sense to stop playing the game because you hate it and be an active member here at the same time.
People can like the community but dislike the game.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
It was fun when Tanya came out. Then she kept getting nerfed (I played Pyro). Never wanted to play Kobu it wasn't as fun.

My scene died for the most part after XL dropped and I have more fun playing other games/running mystery tournaments for my scene.

Do I still enjoy watching it? Yes. Playing it? Not really.

omooba

fear the moobs
this game has a lot of shit that compared to mk9 it makes me feel like i need to be inhuman but then i played killer instinct again and brushed up on umvc3 and honestly i love this game, we have it so good

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
What do to like about it?

It's a very well-polished title with a lot of variety.
Of course there are things that could be removed. We've still got some balance issues toward the very top of the tier list, though less than the previous NRS fighters. There's an abundance of 50/50 combo starters, some of which shouldn't be as safe as they are. Strange blockstun. Female hitboxes being weird.

But the game offers so much more in the way of a satisfying delivery. The online UI is very easy to navigate; the netcode post-beta is fantastic. Unique first-person krypt. Practice mode is one of the best out there. In a game with 100 variations, I'd say about 70 of them are absolutely tournament-viable at the highest level. I enjoy how different most variations are from each other as well, and it's a suffice amount to keep me invested.

I played it the day it was released, I played it a week later, and I'm still playing it a year and 2 months after release. I can't say that for many games. MKX is just a lot of fun.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Injustice is still my favorite but this game is still so much fun. Part of that probably comes from my love for my character and how well she fits me. This is also the first game where I've played at offline events and it's some of the most fun I've had gaming

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I like it, but it easily gets stale at times. Too much focus on one playstyle, and not enough on others. Also, general strategies just seem so stale. MK9 had so much variety in how you played every character, as did Injustice, and Injustice had a lot of different routes you could play a good portion of the cast.

So what if Batgirl was MKX in a nutshell/Millia from GG, and MMH was da gawd of options? Batgirl was only one of many different styles of play you could find in IGAU. As dumb as she was, I didn't really mind it, because it wasn't the way everyone was playing. Same with MMH. And same with MK9 top 3.