What's new

[Dec 29, 2012] Frosty Faustings V (Northbrook, IL)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Hey Everyone,

For anyone attending the tourney, could you do me a favor and let me know who ends up running the brackets for MK9? I'd like to try to get ahold of them after the event to get the bracket files.

This would be a huge, huge help :)

Thanks guys!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Update: Apparently 'Webster' is running the brackets for mk9 (if someone at the event could confirm this, that'd be great).

Also, for anyone looking for times:
-MK9 Bracket Play won't be streamed until top 8, in a couple hours (after GG).
-The time isn't set, but it's estimated to be around 2-3 PM CST. bgcallisto will update his twitter when MK is about to be shown (www.twitter.com/bgcallisto).

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
Update: Apparently 'Webster' is running the brackets for mk9 (if someone at the event could confirm this, that'd be great).

Also, for anyone looking for times:
-MK9 Bracket Play won't be streamed until top 8, in a couple hours.
-The time isn't set, but it's estimated to be around 2-3 PM CST. bgcallisto will update his twitter when MK is about to be shown (www.twitter.com/bgcallisto).
thanks for the info buddy :)

Hey guys, just wanted to give a head's up that I found a clear, unmarked DVD case with a copy of MK Komplete in the venue when we were cleaning up last night, please get ahold of me if it was yours. GGs yesterday, nice to see so many top players make it out. I should have videos of the finals for each game including MK cut and uploaded to yt over the course of the week, they'll be at www.youtube.com/user/TheSassageKing when I can get them all cut, rendered, and uploaded.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Hey guys, just wanted to give a head's up that I found a clear, unmarked DVD case with a copy of MK Komplete in the venue when we were cleaning up last night, please get ahold of me if it was yours. GGs yesterday, nice to see so many top players make it out. I should have videos of the finals for each game including MK cut and uploaded to yt over the course of the week, they'll be at www.youtube.com/user/TheSassageKing when I can get them all cut, rendered, and uploaded.
I'm not sure, but that might be GGA's copy of the game... GGA HAN ?

I believe that was Heroic_Legacy copy.

Yes I can cut those later, I was trying to knock down Top 4s of every game first then deal with other matches upon request. Have work/NYE stuff today obviously but I will get the other two tomorrow. Also apologies to Pimpimjim for fucking up his name multiple times, it was really loud in the venue XD

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yes I can cut those later, I was trying to knock down Top 4s of every game first then deal with other matches upon request. Have work/NYE stuff today obviously but I will get the other two tomorrow. Also apologies to Pimpimjim for fucking up his name multiple times, it was really loud in the venue XD

lets be serious here

95% of the mk community screws up his name too

So you're good lol

I got off work a bit early, so I was able to cut those other 2, which are currently uploading. I also realized I messed up editing the losers' semis and shaved off the first match, that's been fixed and is currently rendering, I'll post the videos once they're done processing.

was there a gray hdmi cord found? i forgot mine.

There were a couple of stray HDMI cords found when we cleaned up, unfortunately my bags were filled to the max so I couldn't hold them, we left them with Nickel City so they should be in their back room I'd suppose.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

I just noticed that ElvenShadow posted in the SRK forum on Monday and included the following:

Expect an exciting announcement regarding venue for next year. We plan to make Frosty Faustings VI even bigger, better, and longer with more games, more time, more space, and more hype!

Yay for me never having to step foot into Nickel City Arcade's small-as-all-fuck party room ever again!

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I just noticed that ElvenShadow posted in the SRK forum on Monday and included the following:

Expect an exciting announcement regarding venue for next year. We plan to make Frosty Faustings VI even bigger, better, and longer with more games, more time, more space, and more hype!

Yay for me never having to step foot into Nickel City Arcade's small-as-all-fuck party room ever again!
lol, hopefully they will provide us some setups so there aren't 30 dudes standing around for an hour while the people help running the tournament are telling us they don't even have copies of the game...

lol, hopefully they will provide us some setups so there aren't 30 dudes standing around for an hour while the people help running the tournament are telling us they don't even have copies of the game...
The place will have plenty of monitors and some systems, people will probably still need to bring games themselves.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

The place will have plenty of monitors and some systems, people will probably still need to bring games themselves.
And I think that's perfectly reasonable. We're not Marvel or AE. Not even close.

I'm already looking forward to hearing any FF VI news. :)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I think the main issue we had with this is that I didn't personally feel that this was asked of us until we had got to the venue. A lot of GGA had equipment and copies of the game they could have brought no problem, but they had already left for the event before it was known what we had to bring.

Yeah I'd say the larger issue is that while we tried to press the fact that we needed hardware to be entirely community-brought, that was only really done on the FB group and SRK, we should have been more forward on the sites for the non-Capcom games. Next year they will likely set up a temporary site for the event itself so we can centralize the info and allow for things like pre-registration so things run smoother. May be a two-day event as well.