What's new

[Dec 16, 2012] Ultimate Gaming Spot Weekly Ranking Battles (AE, Marvel, MK9, TTT2... (Dedham, MA)

CRUM

Noob
Hey guys, Greg from UGS posted this tonight on Facebook and I'm not sure how many of you will be able to make it out weekly, but I figured I'd put this out there. Here is the actual Facebook post:

So we're gonna start UGS Weekly Ranking Battles this Sunday 12/16/12 at 3pm. The venue price will be $5 for Ranking Play and the prize fee will start off at $5 for the "Premium" Tournament Titles.

We are trying this as a way to get people to try out other games during tournament down time and as a small incentive to get people who are knowledgeable of other titles, to build more competition for other sets of players.

Current Title List:

Premium Titles:

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Other Titles (Prize Fee TBA)
Dead Or Alive 5
King Of Fighters XIII
Persona 4 Arena
Mortal Kombat 9
Skull Girls
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
Capcom Vs Snk 2
Street Fighter Alpha 2/3
Project Justice

These titles and more can be added, but seeing as how this is something new we'll have to play things by ear. Of course there will be streaming :)

I'd like to try out AE
It's not that hard to pick up at all, and it's pretty fun. Used to be my main game before MK9, but I haven't played since vanilla SSF4 so I'm not aware of all the changes. There seems to be a good amount of SF players there, especially Mr. top 32 at Evo blueNINE.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Worrrd. I don't think I will be able to make it this time, but hopefully next weekend instead. Glad to hear that you guys are considering picking up AE, crosstalk and CRUM! I can certainly show you some things with your character of choice and help you level up if you'd like. In any case, I hope these weeklies will go well.

For ranbats, is there a minimum amount that must enter? What if we only get like 4 for MK that day?
I'll ask Gill about this when I see him tonight. My guess though is that if there's interest for a given game he'll run it. Also if there's a low turnout for MK I'd be willing to enter to help y'all out.

FordCruller

Kombatant
Can't make it this weekend guys. But hopefully the next one. I've also been messing around in TTT2 and DOA5 and haven't touched MK9 as much in the past weeks. lol But it's still my favorite and I'll always support it. haha

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2