What's new

Tech Deathstroke Sword Spin Standing Reset 50/50

ryublaze

Noob
RedRaptor10

You should see if the AI can jump forward out of it, cause I think I had it's less frames to jump forward than neutral jumping.
ok Ramp I got it. The AI has to be at the max height when u do the sword spin and u have to just frame the B2 to hit them out of a forward jump. It's really hard to do but still a 50/50 cuz u can also d1 them instead.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I'm having a little trouble doing this consistently, at least with the D1. The opponent can sometimes jump out for me, not to mention the B1U2 combo you posted doesn't always work on females.

ryublaze

Noob
I'm having a little trouble doing this consistently, at least with the D1. The opponent can sometimes jump out for me, not to mention the B1U2 combo you posted doesn't always work on females.
Which characters are you doing it on? I haven't tested vs. the whole cast but so far I'm able to land it on 3 characters (Joker, DS, KF). Hitting KF out of a forward jump seems easier than DS. :confused:

Does this mean you're taking Injustice seriously now?
next week

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
The timing on F3 after b1u2 is a little different than big hitbox characters, but it can still be done, I do it almost all the time, even online.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I've been testing on KF (because her wakeup is stupid).

I also tried this on myself to the best of my ability, and I was able to Sword Flip out of the B2 trap.

This looks good, but I feel like the timings are a bit strict. I'm trying to find a combo that leaves you at a greater frame advantage right now. I'm not entirely sure, but I think B1U2, D2, F3, D2 xx Spin gives more than the one you posted. Since you're probably better than me at this right now, you wanna test it out and confirm?

EDIT: Okay, so I'm getting slightly better at the timing, but I think omitting that F3 increases the frame advantage you get, plus I find it more consistent than the F3 combo. Anyone want to test this as well?

ryublaze

Noob
I've been testing on KF (because her wakeup is stupid).

I also tried this on myself to the best of my ability, and I was able to Sword Flip out of the B2 trap.

This looks good, but I feel like the timings are a bit strict. I'm trying to find a combo that leaves you at a greater frame advantage right now. I'm not entirely sure, but I think B1U2, D2, F3, D2 xx Spin gives more than the one you posted. Since you're probably better than me at this right now, you wanna test it out and confirm?
idk maybe. I'm having trouble getting the right height with that combo and sometimes the combo will drop during the spin animation. Idk exactly how much frame advantage sword spin gives so they might be able to d1 or something out of the B2, but again that's still a guess because u can always d1 to beat their d1 too.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
I'm at work now so I can't try, but has anyone ever tried against Grundy WC or Flash/Catwoman evade?

ryublaze

Noob
Mikman360 Yeah that seems to give more frame advantage. Getting the right height is tricky though for that combo and it does 5% less but it does make it easier to hit them with B2 if they jump forward. I uploaded a video to show how consistent I can get the combo and B2 to land. I was able to hit the AI with B2 about 7 times (last few times I got input errors and couldn't follow up the combo).

Crathen

Death is my business
Tbh if the frame advantage is at least +3 you should always f23 , if they jump out you HC into MB spin and do your combo , if they block you're at +9 with them in the corner , no reason to go straight into the 50/50 , didn't explore this fully , good stuff.

Edit: yeah , they can pushblock the f23 , who cares , if they're focusing on pushblocking the f23 then they are respecting the frame advantage and you can go for the 50/50

ryublaze

Noob
Tbh if the frame advantage is at least +3 you should always f23 , if they jump out you HC into MB spin and do your combo , if they block you're at +9 with them in the corner , no reason to go straight into the 50/50 , didn't explore this fully , good stuff.

Edit: yeah , they can pushblock the f23 , who cares , if they're focusing on pushblocking the f23 then they are respecting the frame advantage and you can go for the 50/50
That's not a bad idea, but the pushback from f23 doesn't let you connect a d1, and they'll be able to forward/backwards jump out of b1u2.

Crathen

Death is my business
That's not a bad idea, but the pushback from f23 doesn't let you connect a d1, and they'll be able to forward/backwards jump out of b1u2.

I need to test it , hitting the lab now , anyways we shouldn't be worried about them jumping out a frametrap like that when they have to respect so many things , only an online scrub would try jumping out of that lol , also b2/B22xxMB low gunshot (+8 on hit and no pushback , so another 50/50 attempt ) is a legit mindfuck if they refuse to block low

KidGrave

The Real Red Hood
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I've been wanting something like this for ages. Great work. But do change the "Flip" words in the original post to "Spin" ;)
Yeah, I'm quite happy about this tech. Its like that odd almost reset me and a few others were exploring a while back which ended up being bunk.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

Crathen, yeah it seemed like a good idea, but I just tested it, and while B2 can connect, D1 AND B1 are out of range. No 50/50 to be found >.<

(Dammit we're so close)

I think the most consistent I can get it is with B1U2, 32 xx Spin. It's actually fairly easy to get the right height IMO, and it seems to give slightly more advantage than adding in F3. That means you have more time to pull off a B1 or D1.

ryublaze

Noob
Crathen, yeah it seemed like a good idea, but I just tested it, and while B2 can connect, D1 AND B1 are out of range. No 50/50 to be found >.<

(Dammit we're so close)

I think the most consistent I can get it is with B1U2, 32 xx Spin. It's actually fairly easy to get the right height IMO, and it seems to give slightly more advantage than adding in F3. That means you have more time to pull off a B1 or D1.
We may have to use that combo. There are so many things that could go wrong with the one I posted (combo drop, crossing underneath opponent, getting sword flip instead of sword spin, jumping out). The timing I'm using with your combo is to wait until their body is parallel to the floor then I do 32 sword spin.

Crathen

Death is my business

(Dammit we're so close)

Are we talking in the corner? In the corner after f23 on block b1 does connect , doing it right now , they can't jump either b1u2 or b2xxSS ( both hit em airborne so adjust your combos there especially from airborne b1u2 ) , so there's your 50/50.

What i personally like to do for consistency is b1u2 f3 SS ( 22%) , 132 32xxSS ( 23%) , f3 32xxSS (23%) it's always good advantage and it's easy , grants a f23 that can only be pushblocked or armored with certain supers or specials like Walking Corpse ( no armored f3 ).

Also again why are we worring about people jumping out? That has to be the dumbest thing they can do wich is refusing to block and give us a free combo.

ryublaze

Noob
b1u2 f3 SS ( 22%)
I think this is the best one

We're worrying about them jumping out because you might get full combo punished just for guessing wrong. The strong side of this tech is that you get safe hit confirmable 50/50s. They can forward/backwards jump between f23 and b1, just not neutral jump.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I guess I'll have to try it again. I couldnt get B1 to work after F23.

And we want to stop their jumps so that we can just go for the 50/50 no matter what, without having to worry about the possibility of other escapes. If you can't force someone to deal with the 50/50 because they can jump, then it's less threatening. If I do the Spin setup, then go for the low, they have 2 options. Block low OR jump. If we take out the option to block low, they're in a much more dangerous situation. Yeah, you can anticipate the jump and AA/ait-to-air them, but that's more of a struggle for us, because what if they DONT jump?