What's new

Tech Deathstroke Possible Meterless Vortex

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You're timing the Ji1 wrong. Throw it out earlier, it wont cross up.

And J360, I just wish to express how sad I am that you posted this. Not because I don't like it, but I was LITERALLY in the process of recording my OWN video showcasing something similar to this. I felt all cool for fiding the epicness of Ji1 :(

Well I'm still going to put up my video since it has some different things in it. I've found a safer way to set this up instead of using Sword Flip. It's a bit more reliable too since Sword Flip can knock the opponent really far away. My method has more damage too. Each repeatition does 27% per go.

...NO ONE ELSE MAKE A VIDEO ON THIS UNTIL IM DONE!! >.<
I have been testing and I have had inconsistent results. I land from behind most of the time. Sometimes I land from the front. Other times my jump 1 can be blocked in both directions. Bizarre. Either way, these mix ups are solid, but I am fairly sure that they can be escaped by dashing forward. Then there is also the issue that jump 1 does not provide a lot of hit stun on block or hit.

This set up is arguably most useful after b+2,2. You probably would not do b+1,u+2 sword flip as you are giving up too much damage.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I have been testing and I have had inconsistent results. I land from behind most of the time. Sometimes I land from the front. Other times my jump 1 can be blocked in both directions. Bizarre. Either way, these mix ups are solid, but I am fairly sure that they can be escaped by dashing forward. Then there is also the issue that jump 1 does not provide a lot of hit stun on block or hit.

This set up is arguably most useful after b+2,2. You probably would not do b+1,u+2 sword flip as you are giving up too much damage.
The timing takes practice, but no matter what or how it seems, Ji1 IS safe on block, and Ji1 CAN combo into any of DS's normals sans B3 and F3. You just have to input the follow up WAY early.

Also, be careful with who you're doing it on. If it's on a female (smaller characters), you have to mess with the timing of the dash too. Jump out of the dash ASAP to do a fake crossup on females.

B222 has a short hard knockdown. There's an even more reliable way to set this up. Just gimme a couple days guys, I got a nice little explanation vid coming :)

Vagrant

Noob
This is clever. I think alot of us have been messing around with DS post hard knockdown crossups but never to this extent. I didn't know this about ji1. Good stuff J360

I love this character.

Mikman360 I'm interested and looking forward to see what you've found as well.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now

dave ill test it out with a sample population of mk players today lol. that sample being vsm. Ill have them all try to escape it and let you know what i find.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
It's most certainly escapable, but its something that the opponent has to respect from Deathstroke. Also, at any given time you believe the opponent is wising up, you can just finish the combo.

Mikman360 I'm interested and looking forward to see what you've found as well.
I'm going to be using my friends equipment, which I wont have access to until tomorrow, and even then I have to edit it and make it pretty n stuff. But it's coming.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I have been tinkering with this and I really cant figure out how to make it not cross up. unless you empty jump. also doomsday can wake up out of this with both of his venom attacks. just some food for thought:)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
found some awesome stuff today at VSM testing it out with a few people, its really only escapable by some wakeups and forward dashes. Not all. It's really character specific.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
found some awesome stuff today at VSM testing it out with a few people, its really only escapable by some wakeups and forward dashes. Not all. It's really character specific.
And if my findings are similar to yours, those "some wakeups" tend to be punishable if you see them coming.