What's new

Dealing with Liu Kangs pressure

It’s all in the title. What do I do against this man, especially in the corner. Him and Sindel are my hardest MUs right now

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
MOST of the time, it is worth to just block the first 3 hits of F434 and IMMEDIATELLY either microduck into a combo, or just duck and poke. That way, you avoid liu kang doing F43 into Motaro (if you are fast enough, you will interrupt it and fully punish it), you will also avoid F43 staggers into throw. You WILL be caught in the last kick if he decides to do the 4 hit string fully - but most decent lius wont commit to that often, as flawless blocking the last hit opens him up for a full punish as well. You can ALSO do an armored move after F43 and avoid both motaro and lao's hat.

However, this is all more easily said than done.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
list some things that you are specifically having issues with, maybe lab some scenarios record some clips and see if anyone can drop tech

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
MOST of the time, it is worth to just block the first 3 hits of F434 and IMMEDIATELLY either microduck into a combo, or just duck and poke. That way, you avoid liu kang doing F43 into Motaro (if you are fast enough, you will interrupt it and fully punish it), you will also avoid F43 staggers into throw. You WILL be caught in the last kick if he decides to do the 4 hit string fully - but most decent lius wont commit to that often, as flawless blocking the last hit opens him up for a full punish as well. You can ALSO do an armored move after F43 and avoid both motaro and lao's hat.

However, this is all more easily said than done.
Solid explanation. I use team Shaolin monks pretty much all the time as of late and that is exactly what you are supposed to do against them. Like you said, easier said then done though.

Solo

Shadow Priest
Honestly, it depends on which variation of Liu Kang you're dealing with Liu Kang/Kung Lao, Liu Kang/Motaro, Liu Kang/Khameleon? Just to add on to what Felipe said look out for throw combo too. Liu Kang players rarely use forward throws, so either break that or duck and punish. He pretty much gave you the basic run down though.