What's new

Question - Unbreakable db2 inconsistent vs aerial specials

loogie

Noob
Fellow Sub mains,

I am surprised no one has posted this yet, but there are quite a few anomalies in the properties of ice shield that should be looked at.

We know that it does not parry aerial attacks such as jump ins instead it deals with grounded attacks...so this happens to me during an actual match:

Mileena tele kicks and I go for a db2, she's frozen. so into the lab ... and voila the results:

Aerial specials db2 works against:
-Mileena tele kicks (both from ground and when done from the air)
-Scorpion air teles

It doesn't work against:
- Ermac air tele
- Quan sky drop
- Lao divekick
- Sonya divekick
- KJin divekick
- Kano air dragon ball

The weirder one is Tanya DN stance into OH/L:
only works at very close range for the OH

Why the inconsistencies? If it works against Scorp air tele why doesn't Ermac get frozen from his air tele.

Maybe I could've made a video, but you can try for yourself and see.

I am not asking for buffs, this is not a buff thread at all. All I'm asking is why the inconsistencies. Maybe something for NRS to look at?

@colt

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
It's doesn't work against LKs Bicycle Kick, haven't tested his Flying Dragon Kick tho

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
These aren't really inconsistencies. If it was inconsistent then it would freeze a move sometimes (take scoprions teleport for example) but then randomly fail to freeze it other times. It's just whatever way the game handles the properties of these moves, most aerial specials don't get frozen.

loogie

Noob
These aren't really inconsistencies. If it was inconsistent then it would freeze a move sometimes (take scoprions teleport for example) but then randomly fail to freeze it other times. It's just whatever way the game handles the properties of these moves, most aerial specials don't get frozen.
I can't find another word other than 'inconsistent'
if you think about aerial physical special attacks (non projectiles) it works on some and doesn't work on others.
a very good example is Ermac air teleport and Scorp air teleport ...