What's new

Dark Souls

BookBurning

Voidwards

Anyone as excited as I am for the very soon release of Dark Souls? If you're not sure what it is, it's basically an open world RPG that is brutally hard and set in a Gothic, Dark Fantasy setting; and is also the spiritual successor to Demon Souls. It looks absolutely amazing and given the fact that Demon's Souls was already an amazing game, Dark Souls is going to be outstanding because it is doing what Demon Souls did, yet with way more content and in an open-world way.

Also for anyone who owns a ps3, go find a used copy of Demon Souls and check it out, I promise that if you like a challenge, extremely intuitive gameplay and a lovely art direction that you won't be disappointed. Rarely in my life have I been so excited for a game to launch.

Hitoshura

Head Cage

Anyone as excited as I am for the very soon release of Dark Souls? If you're not sure what it is, it's basically an open world RPG that is brutally hard and set in a Gothic, Dark Fantasy setting; and is also the spiritual successor to Demon Souls. It looks absolutely amazing and given the fact that Demon's Souls was already an amazing game, Dark Souls is going to be outstanding because it is doing what Demon Souls did, yet with way more content and in an open-world way.

Also for anyone who owns a ps3, go find a used copy of Demon Souls and check it out, I promise that if you like a challenge, extremely intuitive gameplay and a lovely art direction that you won't be disappointing. Rarely in my life have I been so excited for a game to launch.
HYPE! i have this shit on preorder since day 1 lmao. i destroyed the 1st one twiced and cant wait to see if this game gonna kick my ass enough again.

BookBurning

Voidwards
What do you guys think you're going to make first? I'm definitely going to be checking out Pyromancer; on that note it is absolutely sweet that we have a magic class that specializes in fire.

I hope they toned down magic a bit though, magic got seriously good later down the road. Firestorm pretty much raped everything's face.

galindo

Noob
What do you guys think you're going to make first? I'm definitely going to be checking out Pyromancer; on that note it is absolutely sweet that we have a magic class that specializes in fire.

I hope they toned down magic a bit though, magic got seriously good later down the road. Firestorm pretty much raped everything's face.
im bold as fuck and gonna start off with the barbarian/depraved.

yeah i preordered day 1 one as well. too bad they toned down the collectors edition though :/

BookBurning

Voidwards
I feel like the depraved is going to have like...Something special about it though given the whole Enigma feel to the class if that makes sense.

Like, somewhere there's going to be a reward for playing as one.

galindo

Noob
I feel like the depraved is going to have like...Something special about it though given the whole Enigma feel to the class if that makes sense.

Like, somewhere there's going to be a reward for playing as one.
uhhh i whole-heartedly doubt that.

what is special is he starts off with the highest soul level, so those who know how to play are rewarded..

BookBurning

Voidwards
Oh so it's basically Barbarian from DS then. I actually don't like starting with a high soul level because you become less customizable in the early game, but that's just me. Personally that's why I thought Royal was the best starting class because of their low soul level allowed you to put souls into anything you wanted early to customize them.

galindo

Noob
Oh so it's basically Barbarian from DS then. I actually don't like starting with a high soul level because you become less customizable in the early game, but that's just me. Personally that's why I thought Royal was the best starting class because of their low soul level allowed you to put souls into anything you wanted early to customize them.
no, not just you, that is a good point, many people feel the same way, especially if they where into player vs player fights...

however all of what i have been saying ive been basing it off demons souls...

however the deprived does start off with the highest level.
also theres doesnt appear to be a "royal" class in dark souls...at least no one called that, he definitely was the best class in demons souls

galindo

Noob
thief sounds interesting he has a "master key" to start off with which i havent seen anyone mention what it does.

Reedoms

Noob
however the deprived does start off with the highest level.
also theres doesnt appear to be a "royal" class in dark souls...at least no one called that, he definitely was the best class in demons souls
I hope not. Really was babys first class and kinda let you just stomp on anything in your way.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i want a better co-op system,not like there's anything else that needs improvement.

hated how half the bp's i summoned wouldn't come.

idk if i'll be allowed to buy it but even if i do i won't be able to play it till xmas,will probably go over to my friends and play though.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
U say its open world? It looks really cool and im thinking about getting it, but I prefer games that have alot of replay value. If its open world like oblivion then I will buy it. Or is the game more like mass effect? In the since of picking a class in the beginning being able to go to different places but your limited.

galindo

Noob
I hope not. Really was babys first class and kinda let you just stomp on anything in your way.
agreed.
U say its open world? It looks really cool and im thinking about getting it, but I prefer games that have alot of replay value. If its open world like oblivion then I will buy it. Or is the game more like mass effect? In the since of picking a class in the beginning being able to go to different places but your limited.
this is a very different type of game...

not sure how open this is but the previous game wasnt really open world but i loved how it was done, because you had the freedom of starting whichever world(level) you wanted

the previous game had a lot of replay value for most people, especially since you can never pass the game, it just "started over" with much harder enemies lol

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Probably getting day 1.

DS was like the only jrpg I have enjoyed in 10 years, great game.

I'm kinda sad MS allowed them to remove party chat for the xbox version. Don't get me wrong, I understand why they did it, and I wouldn't have used it for the first go around, but for repeated play through's, it would have been nice.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Yeah man it's open world, unlike Demon Souls, Dark Souls is completely open in a Shadow of the Colossus kind of way, and the original had tons of replay value with the new game pluses, new classes and new decisions/items etc etc.