What's new

Dark Souls 3 Discussion Thread

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
So today in PvP I noticed that someone was using the weapon art Perseverance (the one that supposedly increases poise for about 2 seconds) in an odd way. Apparently if you cast perseverance as you're about to get hit, you tank the hit at greatly reduced damage. Basically, Perseverance is a flash parry. This makes my Caestus build very happy.

Edit: Well it's not entirely a flash parry. You can't immediately do a move afterwards à la Tremor and Kabal, you have to wait for the animation to finish.
Why would you willingly tank a hit when you can't do anything afterwards as oppose to just rolling out of the way?

I've never seen one satisfied lost from you. Just seems like you play games to be pissed and disappointed lol
I expect more from these games. When I buy a game I want it to work when it comes out of the case, not wait months for it to finally be patched into something playable

Noob
Man Pvp in this game is fun but im still to find a weapon i can truly call home... I mean in BloodBorn weapons just kinda clicked for me, in this game i feel a bit more lost...

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Was wondering this myself too. This video showcases its use well enough: /watch?v=jPjC6410YCE

Lol there's nothing stopping them from just rolling away when they see you poise through the first hit but it's a gimmick nonetheless and a gimmick in a Souls game might as well be legit because they work for the majority of your PvP encounters

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Man Pvp in this game is fun but im still to find a weapon i can truly call home... I mean in BloodBorn weapons just kinda clicked for me, in this game i feel a bit more lost...
What B-borne weapons did you like?

Noob
What B-borne weapons did you like?
Gotta say almost all of them, BB is just everything i wanted in a Souls game, but My setup was the Scythe and the Rakuyo (which was my fav weapon of the game ) I know there are dual wield swords in this game but they just dont feel quite the same here, and i tried them all, so i moved on from them... I play 2 chars at 120SL one is Dex built and the other is STG... On the Dex im running Pontiffs sword or Scythe depends on how im feeling that day (FrostBite is not amazing in pvp unfortunately ) and the Chaos Blade and on the STG char im running Dragon Armors weapon ( cant remember the name right now ) and/or Butchers Knife

DDutchguy

Gotta say almost all of them, BB is just everything i wanted in a Souls game, but My setup was the Scythe and the Rakuyo (which was my fav weapon of the game ) I know there are dual wield swords in this game but they just dont feel quite the same here, and i tried them all, so i moved on from them... I play 2 chars at 120SL one is Dex built and the other is STG... On the Dex im running Pontiffs sword or Scythe depends on how im feeling that day (FrostBite is not amazing in pvp unfortunately ) and the Chaos Blade and on the STG char im running Dragon Armors weapon ( cant remember the name right now ) and/or Butchers Knife
I assume you also tried the dual Katanas. I find there to be quite a number of cool weapons in DS3, although you really have to try them yourself.

Noob
I assume you also tried the dual Katanas. I find there to be quite a number of cool weapons in DS3, although you really have to try them yourself.
the Onis, yeah i did, found them to be meh cool looking tho... I dunno i think its my perspective thats the problem here, i just fell in love with BB and its fight system and weapons to much, and since they are quite different from what we have here, im just not finding what im looking for because there isnt anything quite like it... still i have a lot of fun with the weapons i do play with...

DDutchguy

If you are on PC, WATCH OUT! There is currently a user under the steamID of "malcolmreynoldstrademark" (http://steamcommunity.com/id/malcolmreynoldstrademark) using cheats to softban people, meaning you can no longer play Dark Souls 3 online if you get hit by one of his attacks. Report his account and his youtube channel, where he is currently streaming this fuckfest
/watch?v=iztSqpIb3hA

Immediately disconnect or commit suicide if he manages to invade you.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Any idea why they got rid of power stance? That was probably the best part of DkS2, the PvP in general for DkS2 was great.

Anyway, been using a unique-ish build. I say ish because I'm using weapons most people use, just differently. I have Washing Pole in right hand, Sellsword Twinblades in off hand. The Sellswords in off hand can parry, but you can pseudo combo with R1, L1 with Washing Pole. You obviously can also hold down Y/Triangle to dual wield the Sellswords. It's pretty good and fun, might also try Rapier in off hand, it too can parry.

My cons for this game is that Magic indeed is pretty ass in PvP. Pyromancy is decent but still not great. The only good Sorceries and Faith does is buffing your weapons. DMB and Crystal Magic weapon are definitely really good.

The chugging is probably the worst part of Dark Souls 3 PvP. Not only is the animation insanely quick and your health refills nearly instantly, but you can slow walk AND turn while chugging. Not even to mention the fact that you only get FIVE Llyod's for whatever dumbass reason, and you have to throw them pretty much right under them for the them to work anyway. They seriously need to nerf chugging, they also need to make it to where you only get one seed per playthrough. I'm constantly invading a 4 person gank squad while being seeded, which is nearly impossible to defeat with how good chugging is.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Any idea why they got rid of power stance? That was probably the best part of DkS2, the PvP in general for DkS2 was great.

Anyway, been using a unique-ish build. I say ish because I'm using weapons most people use, just differently. I have Washing Pole in right hand, Sellsword Twinblades in off hand. The Sellswords in off hand can parry, but you can pseudo combo with R1, L1 with Washing Pole. You obviously can also hold down Y/Triangle to dual wield the Sellswords. It's pretty good and fun, might also try Rapier in off hand, it too can parry.

My cons for this game is that Magic indeed is pretty ass in PvP. Pyromancy is decent but still not great. The only good Sorceries and Faith does is buffing your weapons. DMB and Crystal Magic weapon are definitely really good.

The chugging is probably the worst part of Dark Souls 3 PvP. Not only is the animation insanely quick and your health refills nearly instantly, but you can slow walk AND turn while chugging. Not even to mention the fact that you only get FIVE Llyod's for whatever dumbass reason, and you have to throw them pretty much right under them for the them to work anyway. They seriously need to nerf chugging, they also need to make it to where you only get one seed per playthrough. I'm constantly invading a 4 person gank squad while being seeded, which is nearly impossible to defeat with how good chugging is.
How could you forget about there being NO poise. Couple more years of 1h toothpick Rapier stuns