What's new

D&D Based Video Games Discussion Thread

This is pretty much a thread for any Dungeons and Dragons based video games on PC or consoles. This includes stuff like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, Planescape: Torment, and all of the Gold Box games, also, like Pool of Radiance, Dark Sun, Savage Frontier, Eye of the Beholder, etc.

Also made for discussing D&D rulesets, ideas, and table top theory/philosophy. Hope people are interested. :)

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I loved Neverwinter Nights, but Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale i never really got into due to the party mechanic. Ive never been good and macromanaging or multitasking, i much prefer controlling one character.

Even though i know it would be epic to organize a whole battle plan of wizards, warriors and rogues for a colossal battle.

I loved Neverwinter Nights, but Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale i never really got into due to the party mechanic. Ive never been good and macromanaging or multitasking, i much prefer controlling one character.

Even though i know it would be epic to organize a whole battle plan of wizards, warriors and rogues for a colossal battle.
Yeah, I hear that a good bit about BG and IWD, but my favorite game is BG 2: Shadows of Amn. Probably my favorite Western RPG, but I don't remember it being weird to manage (but I started playing it at a young age). The pause button is a saving grace in that game, and I actually consider it a part of the game play. lol. You just get better at it as you play.

Never played a game more epic feeling than Baldur's Gate 2.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Never played a game more epic feeling than Baldur's Gate 2.
Its really just something i need to get used to and havent. I remember playing about 5 minutes of Baldur's Gate 2 once and one of my characters died. Apparently you cant bring them back so i was like "fuck that". I dont think i played it again after that even though i loved watching my dad play it.

Its really just something i need to get used to and havent. I remember playing about 5 minutes of Baldur's Gate 2 once and one of my characters died. Apparently you cant bring them back so i was like "fuck that". I dont think i played it again after that even though i loved watching my dad play it.
Same situation for me, watching my dad play. Once you get out of the first dungeon, you can revive for a fee or when your clerics/druids get to the appropriate levele I suggest returning to it. It's amazing. :D

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Same situation for me, watching my dad play. Once you get out of the first dungeon, you can revive for a fee or when your clerics/druids get to the appropriate levele I suggest returning to it. It's amazing. :D
If only i could find it in my massive stack of burned movie DVDs.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Lol i cant ship from America. Cross border shipping charges will most likely double the cost of that.
GOG also has it for $10. BG 2 that is.
Man, this gog.com place has all my childhood video games. Panzer General 2, Baldur's gate, i think there was dungeon keeper int there somewhere?

Now all i need to find is Naval Ops Warship Gunner and my childhood memories will be reborn lol.