What's new

Breakthrough Cyrax - Kenshi Bomb Reflect Fail - (He Still Needs It!)

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
This is really good too. I don't think you've debunked it though. You'd have to planning to do this, right? The reflect glitch is an option, I can still armor through, or the classic jump over the net. If you jump or do that fairy jump air grab thing, you'll eat an EX SC. If you don't do it, I'll get the landmine. I think that leads to a really interesting mixup game for both sides. It's awesome that you have an answer to this on a read.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
And what if the kenshi player reflects and then does Ex RK?
It doesnt really matter, all this does is put both characters back to square one. That, or it just gives Cyrax an advantage lol

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Personally, I kinda like the idea of everytime a bomb and net are crossing paths, a Cyrax player is thinking that Kenshi might create a landmine so he'll jump/air grab. That opens up plenty of times to EX through and get a guaranteed hit. Once all that calms down, you can go for a mine or two.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Personally, I kinda like the idea of everytime a bomb and net are crossing paths, a Cyrax player is thinking that Kenshi might create a landmine so he'll jump/air grab. That opens up plenty of times to EX through and get a guaranteed hit. Once all that calms down, you can go for a mine or two.
Cyrax player could always just jump back when he notices this situation and avoid everything that kenshi can throw at him.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
This is really good too. I don't think you've debunked it though. You'd have to planning to do this, right? The reflect glitch is an option, I can still armor through, or the classic jump over the net. If you jump or do that fairy jump air grab thing, you'll eat an EX SC. If you don't do it, I'll get the landmine. I think that leads to a really interesting mixup game for both sides. It's awesome that you have an answer to this on a read.
haha, I just wanted to make a hype counter to it.

Actually, a simple dash works. Its a no risk for reward situation for the robot, and a risk reward situation for the blind man.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Ex Flurry is great for armoring through this since the armor is longer and goes full screen. That will hit you for 13%.
True forgot about flurry. But correct me if I am wrong, flurry on an airborne opponent does 11% max and that's if it catches them at the right height. In my experience the most common dmg on it is 9%. It can do as low as 4% if it just clips the tip of their feet on the first hit. So overall for one bar of meter it's not too bad of a situation for rax... more chance for resets that can't be broken. kenshi also risks taking the 8% dmg from the bomb hitting him.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
True forgot about flurry. But correct me if I am wrong, flurry on an airborne opponent does 11% max and that's if it catches them at the right height. In my experience the most common dmg on it is 9%. It can do as low as 4% if it just clips the tip of their feet on the first hit. So overall for one bar of meter it's not too bad of a situation for rax... more chance for resets that can't be broken. kenshi also risks taking the 8% dmg from the bomb hitting him.
At least it's an option to escape the trap. If I have to armor out and take 8% to avoid being launched, while taking 13% from you for trying to counter a landmine, that's way preferable to being launched into a bomb combo... And using meter to escape that situation isn't that bad. That's what his meter is for. You don't need armor to be offensive against Cyrax. It's all defensive. Situations like that. Which, if he respects, will allow a landmine.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
haha, I just wanted to make a hype counter to it.

Actually, a simple dash works. Its a no risk for reward situation for the robot, and a risk reward situation for the blind man.
You're anticipating this every time and planning to move forward to offset the landmine glitch, you'll be open to jump ins, deep jump kicks, EX SC frame traps, etc. I'm not saying this is a guaranteed for either person in the situation. It's just cool tactic that could be implemented if you make the right read.

AND, since this is something that can happen accidentally, both players may not even be thinking about it after it has happened. That's why Cyrax might get launched. The point of the video isn't so much for Kenshi players to be trying to do this all the time. It's so that if it DOES happen, they know exactly how to follow it up, hence the detailed combo section. Great work Krayzie.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Okay, one question... what exactly makes Kenshi get blown up and what exactly makes it so that Cyrax gets blown up?

How do you activate it in your favor, just dash/jump?

Okay, one question... what exactly makes Kenshi get blown up and what exactly makes it so that Cyrax gets blown up?
kenshi still 'reflects' for a short time (not sure exactly how long) after he reflects a projectile. it's like kitana's x-ray glitch but with bombs.