What's new

Cyrax - How to:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Ok, so this is like the third different time I've wanted to learn Cyrax... (and now I know why I keep giving up) ... these resets that look so easy, so effortless... I just can't fucking do them.

Like someone here told me why my second bombs weren't coming out. It was b/c I wasn't cancelling into them. So I finally get that down... but the resets still won't land. It's like the bombs are just out of reach of the netted opponent and he doesn't get popped into the air.

How do you time these fucking resets?! help!!

Specifically, I'm trying to do the 71% reset shown in this video: (tried the 65% one and couldn't land 3~net ... pathetic right?... and Idk how many times I've tried the 75% one and can't get past 123...ugh)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
21 x net , JIP~21 x EN bomb , dash , (use negative edge from dash to do mid bomb) , 123 x Close bomb , net , NJP , 21 x Net , tele , whiffed AA grab , mix-ups

Sgt. actually in the 65% reset combo you can do 2~net instead of 3~net which is easier and it still gives you the same 30% in the first part of the combo.

While on the topic of these combos, I can't for the life of me ever land the 121~reverse kick when the opponent is in the air. I have tried everything but the reverse kick (df+3) ALWAYS whiffs. Any tips for landing it?

Seapeople

This one's for you
It just takes a few days of practice. If you want an easier combo in the meantime, try this one:
jip 21~net, jip b2, ex bomb, medium bomb, net (reset), njp, b2, 21~net, 33~ragdoll = 61%

While on the topic of these combos, I can't for the life of me ever land the 121~reverse kick when the opponent is in the air. I have tried everything but the reverse kick (df+3) ALWAYS whiffs. Any tips for landing it?
You have to do 121 as high as possible. It's generally more consistent to just combo into a net.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Imo, you should learn to get comfortable with Cyrax first, then learn the resets. i used to main Cyrax but i never used the resets because i don't think he needs them, 60% bnb is more then enough. the 75% one is easiest IMO as zero said after the EX bomb just dash and press 4 and the med bomb will come out, and doing 123 close bomb just take practice :)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
It just takes a few days of practice. If you want an easier combo in the meantime, try this one:
jip 21~net, jip b2, ex bomb, medium bomb, net (reset), njp, b2, 21~net, 33~ragdoll = 61%

You have to do 121 as high as possible. It's generally more consistent to just combo into a net.
=/ He splats on the NJP after the second net.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Imo, you should learn to get comfortable with Cyrax first, then learn the resets. i used to main Cyrax but i never used the resets because i don't think he needs them, 60% bnb is more then enough. the 75% one is easiest IMO as zero said after the EX bomb just dash and press 4 and the med bomb will come out, and doing 123 close bomb just take practice :)
I can do the uppercut BnB no problem.

It's just the resets... :(

On the note of getting comfortable, anyone got a link to a thread about how to pressure with Cyrax?

Seapeople

This one's for you
Just like you said. lol

JIP 21 net JIP B2 Ex Bomb Mid Bomb Net NJP and that's when he splats.

And thanks, I'll check it out! :)
Sounds like you're throwing out the second net too late, so the opponent will get stuck in the net a little longer than usual and won't get reset. Hope that makes sense

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
I would literally try to go for all of the different reset set ups(midscreen, AA, corner, etc.) in practice and keep going and try my best to not drop anyone of them. And if i drop one, I stop and try to fix that combo until I get it a few times in a row on both sides of the screen. Practice really does make perfect(or more consistent if you're a realist heh).