What's new

Cyrax frame trap?

This issue has most likely been addressed, as anyone who looks at cyrax' frame data would have brought this up. Didn't see any threads on this though, so I thought I'd bring it up. His 334 is +5 on block. Now I tested this in the lab since the frame data is pretty old, but it really does look like Cyrax is +5 on block. That's pretty crazy. Now the reason why it's not a block infinite is because 334 pushes back, and dashing in and doing another 334 pretty much takes away his frame advantage. Not to mention, 34 misses on an opponent blocking low.

But there are always block string mix ups right? You can follow up with a 212, last hit being an overhead. 212 is neutral on block though, so an opponent can escape it as soon as they see that bomb explode. But, 21 is a very fast string. 21 is also neutral on block, but you can cancel into another string very quickly; they'll expect that last 2 and you can start up 334, setting up for another frame trap.

You can also hit confirm 33 into net, or mix things up even more with 33 bomb. Go straight for the B2 overhead launcher, even go for the B1 grab for an even better frame trap. 33 is -4 on block but +4 on hit, and 334 knocks down so that is one way to escape the frame trap.

So what are your thoughts on this? I haven't really seen anyone use 334 and I'm almost sure this topic of discussion must have come up, but I thought I'd put it out there.

That's extremely useful, thank you for pointing it out.

It's worth noting that you can juggle out of 334 in the corner, and of course in the open if it sends them into a bomb.

NariTuba

disMember
The problem with 334 is that the 4 hits high so it can be easily punished by a crouching opponent. As you said on stand block it pushes back so you get no advantage. 212 is viable but it can be interrupted before the 3rd hit by pokes with all characters and uppercut with some.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
I want to note a couple of traps that are not seen in use on the wall.After 2,1,2 (in this case I have a 3 bar) on the wall when the opponent misses, and d+4 => (Block) 2,1~b,b+4, and if the enemy is trying to punish a bomb, I Breaker (and combos)
only on the wall.

Sometimes doing a special second "Net" (and "Cyrax" for some reason it is cleared in the black).
And why no one does "EX Net" as "Unbreackable" (did not see one because of this loss). And who does not trap as in this video

And I question his b+2 (second hit) it is unbreakable? Just seeing the opponents sometimes it will kill them in a combo can not be his unbreakable =/

I really don't think you can juggle off 334 in the corner, takes too long to recover.

I believe this string still has its uses though. I said you could hit confirm 33 into net, but that seems very difficult to do if not impossible. You can however, hit confirm into an incomplete string; when you see that 33 land you can choose not to land the 4. 3 and 33 jail, so an opponent blocking high is guaranteed to be frame trapped, good off a jip.

111 is also guaranteed and ends overhead, although for it to be really useful the opponent needs to be blocking as it will whiff on neutral crouch. There's also 3 buzz saw like someone said, pretty strict on input execution though.

I do use this occasionally but a jump in punch into a command grab is a good amount better. And the only way to escape it is to duck. But what i do afterwards is i d1 into a command grab such a good way to play.

I tested it and I think I was wrong about doing the string into d1 versus a standing opponent. However it does work into lots of normals if the opponent was already juggled, even a tiny bit.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I really don't think you can juggle off 334 in the corner, takes too long to recover.

I believe this string still has its uses though. I said you could hit confirm 33 into net, but that seems very difficult to do if not impossible. You can however, hit confirm into an incomplete string; when you see that 33 land you can choose not to land the 4. 3 and 33 jail, so an opponent blocking high is guaranteed to be frame trapped, good off a jip.

111 is also guaranteed and ends overhead, although for it to be really useful the opponent needs to be blocking as it will whiff on neutral crouch. There's also 3 buzz saw like someone said, pretty strict on input execution though.
You can do 3,3,4 xx d1 xx 3,3,4