What's new

Cyrax Frame Data - Blocked String Frame Gaps

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
First of all, big credit to Somberness. I used his frame data to draw these conclusions.

This is a rough draft of a chart I made to show all of the frame gaps in Cyrax's combo strings. ALL of his combo strings. I wanted to make these charts to see what strings are punishable, and what I can do to punish them. Some strings have large gaps. Some strings have gaps of only 1 or 2 frames. Unfortunately you have to know your own character's frame data to find out what you can punish with, but I plan on making these charts for as many characters as I can.

I want to point out though that just because something has a certain amount of frames in a gap, that doesn't necessarily mean that only moves of that amount of frames or less will win. Moves like mileena's d4 can throw things off due to having such a low hitbox, but this is a rare case.

Like I said earlier, this is a rough draft. If there's any erroneous information or anything that looks like a typo, let me know. If you have any suggestions to make this easier to read, I'm open. If you have any questions let me know.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
THANK U!!!!!!! A FRAME DATA CHART!!!!!! WE NEED THIS FR EVERY CHARACTER!!!

....wait......were are the active frames and recovery frames? :confused:

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I just used whatever frame data Somberness posted.
THANK U!!!!!!! A FRAME DATA CHART!!!!!! WE NEED THIS FR EVERY CHARACTER!!!

....wait......were are the active frames and recovery frames? :confused:
I just used whatever frame data Somberness has made available. The only frame data categories that are relevant to blocked string gaps is execution frames, startup frames, and cancel advantage on block frames.

But I do plan on doing this for every character as Somberness releases the frame data. Keep in mind that there is other information that can be found from the frame data that I have not added or charted out yet. I'll add that stuff in the future, but for now I want to get these blocked string gaps out there just so we all have a definitive answer on any questions regarding blocked strings.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I'm hoping Ermac gets the same treatment..although I'm dreading it too. I really don't want to have to ask someone else to do it but I'm assuming you're using some software that I don't have available to actually get the gaps? This is very helpful stuff in any event and I would like to say thanks for the contributions. This stuff is golden.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I'm hoping Ermac gets the same treatment..although I'm dreading it too. I really don't want to have to ask someone else to do it but I'm assuming you're using some software that I don't have available to actually get the gaps? This is very helpful stuff in any event and I would like to say thanks for the contributions. This stuff is golden.
Actually I'm just doing math with the frame data he gave. I'm actually going through and typing out every single cell. It takes awhile, but not only is it helping myself, it's helping everyone else out so I really don't mind.

And I'll do Ermac as soon as Somberness releases the rest of his frame data.

Seapeople

This one's for you
i wouldnt worry about it too much. They might have 20 frames but they need to react to a 6f move as their queue. Just dont abuse it.
Yeah, I know it won't be punished very often. But now if I ever play against Cyrax, as soon as I block d1 I'll be spamming out my fastest move lol.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Chaosphere, thank you for compiling this info! With that being said, I would like to point out that Cyrax's 2,2 string is not special cancelable. Just trying to make the list 100% accurate, keep up the great work, man. See you at final round, we need to get some games in then since I didn't have the chance to play you when you were in town for frosty faustings.

Later...

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Chaosphere, thank you for compiling this info! With that being said, I would like to point out that Cyrax's 2,2 string is not special cancelable. Just trying to make the list 100% accurate, keep up the great work, man. See you at final round, we need to get some games in then since I didn't have the chance to play you when you were in town for frosty faustings.

Later...
Oh crap! Yeah that's something I really can't tell without testing and I compile these things at work so... lol. I'll get that fixed. Can specials be canceled off of just 2?

Games for sure at FR!

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Oh crap! Yeah that's something I really can't tell without testing and I compile these things at work so... lol. I'll get that fixed. Can specials be canceled off of just 2?

Games for sure at FR!
Yes, 2 by itself is special cancel-able.