What's new

Combo List - Cyrax Cyrax Combo Thread *Completely outdated* NEW COMBO THREAD IS IN PROCESS OF MAKING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
all i know is i made his reset before anyone posted on here. then i noticed people whre backdashing it. armoring it, and jumping out.

so i made another reset. i used a combo starter into high bomb or ex low bomb, then setup the Standing 4 xx Net to catch them very high. high enough that low bomb will go off just as it registers u touching the ground. then you delay your back 2, so that it resets the combo ticker. and i can do that combo all night long. in ractice i have meterless 200% combos. thatfor what ever reason, even 20-40 attempts i can not back dash. and btw even when i do, some characters backdash gets caught by the back to. and i can hit confirm either 21 net 4, net or even just net after they float over me and still catch em high. to do the very hard to get out of damage combo reset loop.

what everyone doesnt seem to understand that doesnt play cyrax, is if they alter his few good strings, bomb startups/recovery or even his net, it could verywell destroy this characters viability.

so we need to find something to counter this or find a just way of balancing this new reset that doesnt hurt cyrax.

i actually have more fun doing my meterless 37% combo than doing his 95 or 120% reset.

i think with him having a 14 frame startup oh and 2 low combos that dont launch without meter. he kind of needs some wayto use the low bomb into b2 for hard to blockable setup into an actual combo, id be fine with somehow they remove the loop but need to keep the capability to use a oh low setup for launcher.or if possible low to oh launcher.

but its to be determined that my reset is actually unblockable and or inescapable?

the low net ones are really easy to get out of. but the high net setups are a pain to get out of for me. hopfully someone finds a way to get out of it properly that the entire cast can do.

armor is not an option because alot of kast have shitty armor moves or no armor at all while standing.

@xxFalcon Loverxx
When did you get the character?Not to brag, but i got my kp2 before kp2 was avalaible in US, i got it 8 hours earlier, and i found that tech before i went to sleep.

It's a pseudo unblockable, it can be blocked, but the link is too tight.

I myself can actually confirm armoring out is an option but if the reset is done clrrectly it's really hard to do.

Ayyjayyy

DevilApes
Backdashing out of it if the net is done high enough, makes it harder to get out of it.

Armoring out is an option that can be done no matter what.
well, you'll blow their armor and the b2 or low bomb will hit backdashes, atleast on the setup I use. Only escape is Xray or Smoke Ex fade foward because of the invincibility. But that can be countered by using b1 x Ex BD1 instead of b2, if you predict hes going to fade, then just dont use the b1 and full combo punish his fade.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks. I'm trying to break 40% without JiP-4 or 4 starter.
Meterless or metered?

Anyway, I've been labbing Cyrax for a few hours and after going through all the tech and combos here I started messing around with Ex Buzzsaw which is 0 on block, which is awesome for non confirmable strings.

With that in mind, you can get 39-41% for the bar or a neutral block string. The combos could probably be higher damage but this is what I've come up with so far:

f4~ex buzzsaw dash, 4~bf1, df2, f43, dd2, d2, dd3, f34, jump back 3~db4 - 41%
b3~ex buzzsaw step forward, 4~bf1, df2, f43, dd2, d2, dd3, f34, jump back 3~db4 - 39%
b2~ex buzzsaw step forward, 4~bf1, df2, f43, dd2, d2, dd3, f34, jump back 3~db4 - 39%

You can use the other starters but they're hit confirmable into net.

The above combos aren't too execution heavy and I land them consistently. The timing of the bombs aren't too strict either.

Maybe you guys can come up with higher damage :)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
When did you get the character?Not to brag, but i got my kp2 before kp2 was avalaible in US, i got it 8 hours earlier, and i found that tech before i went to sleep.

It's a pseudo unblockable, it can be blocked, but the link is too tight.

I myself can actually confirm armoring out is an option but if the reset is done clrrectly it's really hard to do.
29th late about 11 the morning before or close to midnight on 28th...

and it can not be blocked the way im doing it... u really dont touch the ground.. its a strict timing... and armor and xray isnt a viable option for everyone... i sugest they ad frames to close bomb while they in net, so it stops the unblockable while thry in net only.. then we still have htb, and opponents have a way out thats consistant.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Dude relax. Cyrax is the leaky boat. He had 90 percent resets at the end of MK9, plus this one is escapable with armor. Also someone would have and probably did 'find it' if you didnt, so I think you can probably stop giving yourself props too
so u think he stays as he is now? since they can breaker before they get past 45%..

even though i have 200% HTE's they can break and if they godlike can armor in that one frame?

honestly with his downsides he kinda deserves this dirt.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I wish he has decent corner game. I don't like putting myself in the corner to do my midscreen combo because if I mess something up then I'm in the corner with Cyrax's shitty defense.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
44% Meterless Midscreen Combo with Cyrax, I ran out of ideas to follow up at the end but I think I can get more and also I'm uploading the 50% meterless ones atm with the net!

The game camera went all weird and glitchy after I tried to continue the EX Power Grab combo on, like the same combo I tried to do again the game camera wasn't right for some reason!
Wow, is there a practical way of doing this?Maybe after net?Does it scale too much?

I like it man ! Is it optimal in a fight ? What about the execution ?
By the way if you don't have the corner at the end I am not sure in will works... Did you try in a bigger stage ?
Yes it works in bigger stage and the execution is pretty simple.

F4 , web, DF2, F43, DF2, F43, DD2, UPPERCUT, DF3 , F43, B2, 4 , DF4 or DB1,
Both going to 42% without the jump starter.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
There is too much dirt with cyrax, and I dont have enough lab time cuz of work. Some kind soul needs to make a comprehensive guide =)

Also why are people bothing with such impractical starters? Raw ass medium bomb into f43 as a starter....worthless. nobody will stand there and let you hit them with that. Unless maybe they dropped their controller (shoutouts to PL)

Status
Not open for further replies.