What's new

Cyborg Sektor or Human Sektor?

Kombo

Noob
Idk why, but I prefer the human version over the primary and UMK3 skin. Althoung unlike cyrax there isn't that much of difference between each version from what I can tell.

man, wonder_chef that match against mileena you were sitting on full meter for a little bit and could've used more homing missles and up missles when you predict a teleport kick..I did like the uppercuts though but i know you cou;d've played better, you dropped alot of combos. For a teleportkick punish i think you can do 12tu(insertcombo here) or maybe b2 tu etc. I like seeing the Sektor usage though! very nice :)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
man, wonder_chef that match against mileena you were sitting on full meter for a little bit and could've used more homing missles and up missles when you predict a teleport kick..I did like the uppercuts though but i know you cou;d've played better, you dropped alot of combos. For a teleportkick punish i think you can do 12tu(insertcombo here) or maybe b2 tu etc. I like seeing the Sektor usage though! very nice :)
Oh yeah, my bad about that Mileena match, we were actually playing Random Select and I got Sektor so we were just fucking around and laughing.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
After playing around with human sektor I have to say 1,2,2 straight missle looks so damn badass. I've been doing it after a TU combo starter for decent dmg, more than b2 flame and or b21 and it also sends them away so I don't have to deal with most wakeup attacks and can start zoning with missles. If only the 2's range was as far as it looked, then you could do that after more TU's and TU njp 122 s missle would work lol. Also gotta love that f2 b1 as a combo ender too they go flying lol.

Guess this gives me more reason to play as human sek now.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I can't shake this...no proof...i just got back from a loooong weekend, came right in and turned on the console...human's upmissile is slower. Of course, no frame data to back this up, but it felt like 5? 6 frames? I went back and forth, back and forth between robot devil and human and it always seemed slower to me. Up missile is VITAL to good sektor gameplay, so I would love frame data. Anyway, this reason alone is enough to not pick human. His homing missile feels like robot's normal missile.

-YMK-

Noob
Can human sektor's Upmissle animation dodge high attacks like Robo-sek can?

For example, if Liu kang uses a Flying kick, and Robo-sek does upmissle, the leaning back animation actually DODGES the kick and shoots a rocket in Lius crotch. I havent been able to test it with Human.

but I havent noticed a real big difference with either besides 1,2,2. which is nice as it give an EASY 47%ish X-ray combo.
Im also seconding the upmissle having differences.

ryublaze

Noob
Hi, I'm new here.

Human Sektor puts his arm out to fire missiles. If you measure where the missile starts, Human Sektor's Up Missile starts higher while Robot Sektor's comes out of his chest. I think this is the reason why they made its startup time slower. This actually makes Up Missile combos more difficult to do.

The startup times for Human Sektor's Straight Missile and Robot Sektor's seem the same. The starting spot for Human Sektor's Straight Missile is further out than Robot Sektor's. This means that the missile could reach the enemy earlier than Robot Sektor's.

I like the 1, 2, 2 Straight Missile/X-Ray combo. Thanks.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
i'm well aware that human sektor is more useful but i havent spent 19 years of my life playing as human sektor so i stay true to my main man!

plus he looks a lot better!

Robotic

Gentleman.
i'm well aware that human sektor is more useful but i havent spent 19 years of my life playing as human sektor so i stay true to my main man!

plus he looks a lot better!
Hey Ketchup!

I can't get past the slowness of Human's upmissile...it's a deal breaker for me. That move is important for my style of play and I can't have that thing affect my frame expectation and possibly cost me a match. That's why I stick with the Robot Devil. In what way is human more useful (assuming what I am saying is true, the slowness of the upmissile)?

ryublaze

Noob
I think the time it takes for both costumes to reach the enemy is the same because Human Sektor's Up Missile starts higher (mentioned in my previous post) which means the missile would reach the enemy earlier. To balance it out, the longer startup time is added (just a theory).

Robotic

Gentleman.
I think the time it takes for both costumes to reach the enemy is the same because Human Sektor's Up Missile starts higher (mentioned in my previous post) which means the missile would reach the enemy earlier. To balance it out, the longer startup time is added (just a theory).
If true (I'm not so sure that it is), that would be ridiculous. Making the upmissle slower will cause one to get hit OUT of the upmissile where you otherwise would be able to launch it with Cyborg. The release of the upmissile is finnicky as it stands, so making it slower for human will get alo of Sektor players into trouble.

Sektroll

Noob
To answer the thread question of Human or Robot Sektor:

Fuck human Sektor, it is all about Robotic Sektor!

If I wanted to play a human, I would turn the game off and go about my daily life.

Jobe

Noob
After some extensive testing I've come to the conclusion that human sektor's ex up missile is a couple frames faster. I'm goin human all the way for now on. You can test this by doing a close ex up missile next to an opponent then jump over them and see how fast you can hit with an aerial before the missile connects. With human sektor you can connect a jump kick and have the missile hit them in the feet as they are flying while robo sektor barely connects the kick before the missile hits.