What's new

Tech - Cybernetic Cybernetic: Maximize your swag in the corner and NJP corpse hop.

Decay

King of the Bill
Here's a video that was fun to edit. Just playing around in the lab coming up with easy ways to maximize your damage in the corner when ending with a knock down, laser reset, or EX throw. Plus I added this little hard knockdown corpse hop NJP that reverses inputs if they try to wake up and for some reason puts them back into the corner? Not sure how useful it is but it looks cool as shit and they have to respect it or else.. blow up city. I'll have to battle test it on some people soon! Thanks for watching.

@SaltShaker @Derocus @FlappyDaniel @General M2Dave

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I've Seen Aquaman do a corpse hop thing with Kotal glad to see that my character can also do the shananagains

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Great info!

I like that some of this tech can also be utilized in the other variations as well for what looks like the same cost, bar of meter. Many idea's I have now.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
I've gotten the corpse hop a lot, but in my case it doesn't leave me on my original side, it would cross me up and put me in the corner... or I guess more accurately they would cross me under and I end up in the corner. Do you get it specifically after 2F4?.

I love the instant JB4, I've been recently playing with that because that normal is fuckin gooooodlike, not just because of its hitbox but because you get out of a lot of armored wakeups as well, I've had similar success with Kano's amazing D4 against characters like johnny or raiden trying to wake up with armored Kicks and supermans, it low profiles right under 'em.

Decay

King of the Bill
Sick video. Thanks for sharing, and keep it coming!
Thanks for watching!
Awesome stuff, man.
Free of charge!
Damn straight free of charge. You're welcome and thanks.
Great info!

I like that some of this tech can also be utilized in the other variations as well for what looks like the same cost, bar of meter. Many idea's I have now.
Glad you liked it and glad you're getting some more ideas from it
I've gotten the corpse hop a lot, but in my case it doesn't leave me on my original side, it would cross me up and put me in the corner... or I guess more accurately they would cross me under and I end up in the corner. Do you get it specifically after 2F4?.

I love the instant JB4, I've been recently playing with that because that normal is fuckin gooooodlike, not just because of its hitbox but because you get out of a lot of armored wakeups as well, I've had similar success with Kano's amazing D4 against characters like johnny or raiden trying to wake up with armored Kicks and supermans, it low profiles right under 'em.
I agree, jump kick 4 is godlike and you can do crazy shit in commando with it as a instant air tick throw. But to answer your question, I've only got the corpse hop to cross up and put them back in the corner using cybernetic and only after 2F4 because of that super long hard knockdown. You delay the njp until the last second and it hits them back into the corner for some reason. Of course you can always mix it up and neutral jump and land and grab if all they do is block haha
Good stuff. Song name doe?
Thanks man, song name is the in the YouTube video description :) it was fun to edit to it

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I'm not asking to be a dick. I'm asking honestly. What purpose does corpse hopping serve in a block button game? Just reversing their wakeup inputs?

Decay

King of the Bill
I'm not asking to be a dick. I'm asking honestly. What purpose does corpse hopping serve in a block button game? Just reversing their wakeup inputs?
Yeah because it's the same as when someone njp on your wake up anyway which is very popular (especially for kung jin) because sometimes you just try to get out with a wake-up or you wanna wake up with a grab. It will destroy mostly anything except a block and also since it reverses your inputs, if you expect to wake up and put the regular inputs in, you might just stand up doing nothing and get bodied.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Yeah, that's the only purpose crossups serve in this game, that plus just the mind games I guess. The more shit you do, the more options they have to think about and it may get them scared to push buttons or trying to push too many.

Maybe the different result from the corpse hop was just a timing thing then. I wish I could remember which string I used before it was happening to me, I think maybe it was just my timing because if I remember right it was the opponent's wake up animation causing me to cross over them and stay in the corner. I'll have to test before I can be sure.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Currently in the lab right now breaking him down again. Re learning him and piecing everything together. Like a jigsaw puzzle I'm putting in time. You set the bar where I want to be.
Thanks. Great vid.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
good shit man, but i have to ask: what if the opponent tech rolls out of the 2f4 in the corner? Im too lazy to test this in the lab. thanks

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Glad you liked it and glad you're getting some more ideas from it
I was planning on checking some stuff out tonight but won't be able to until tomorrow. But 2F4 is a knockdown I've been using in Cutthroat because it's so much harder than Ball (or seems that way, could be wrong) and IMO provides a great mix up set up midscreen. I'm guilty of going for max damage in the corner. With this info from the video it looks like you can cause a pretty dirty mix up game in the corner with the WU reversal. Commando I'm not sure but maybe a ball cancel in to that? Damage would be lower but there are those times where a set up is money.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yooooo @Decay great stuff again man!!! My body can't get fast enough to the lab right now.

I know for sure i'm adding that 2F4 corpse hop ender to some of my corner shenanigans. I already have a good mind on how/when I'll be mixing it in.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Nice! I didn't know about the J4 thing so I'll look at that tomorrow when I'm back at my Xbox :)

Also no tag :(

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I HAVE THE POWER
to re-stand and confuse the opponent and reverse wakeup all while doing great, meter efficient damage.