What's new

Guide Cyber Sub-Zero Combo & Juggle Thread

-M-

Noob
Mind having a look at my vid 2 posts before yours wonder? Has pretty much everything you're mentioning with the exception of normal ice ball hitting while they're in air.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
EDIT: Also, what have you guys found to be a good combo if you freeze an opponent in the air? Catching people jumping with Ice Ball/Beam and EN Ice Parry both tend to get me that situation a lot.
Neutral punch, dash, 3,4, Slide is what I've been using since day 1. I never really tested to see if there were higher damage combos. I do know that you can't dash and connect b+2,2, Slide after 3,4 if the neutral punch is the launcher/combo starter.

-M-

Noob
Neutral punch, dash, 3,4, Slide is what I've been using since day 1. I never really tested to see if there were higher damage combos. I do know that you can't dash and connect b+2,2, Slide after 3,4 if the neutral punch is the launcher/combo starter.
... But if it's an ex freeze at any of the higher parts of the jumps you can do as much as teleport, njp, dash 3,4, dash, b+2,2, slide ... the timing is a bit tight, but possible. I would assume this is also the case for a normal freeze.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
If anyone is having problems with CSZ basic BNB with 2,1, 2+1, dash, b2, 2, slide. Just do another 2,1 after the dash and wait a bit and slide. It connects and you only get 1% less damage for a much easier combo.

If anyone is having problems with CSZ basic BNB with 2,1, 2+1, dash, b2, 2, slide. Just do another 2,1 after the dash and wait a bit and slide. It connects and you only get 1% less damage for a much easier combo.
After dashing you can do 2,1,b.2,2,Slide

Hey, I'm new here but what would be the advantage of doing this over f.1+4. It seems like f.1+4 is the same damage and easier to pull off than 2,1,b.2,2 slide
You get better positioning off b+2,2,slide

For those having trouble with the b+2,2,slide do the b input for slide during the second 2 so the input would look like b+2(make sure the stick goes neutral),b+2,f+4

After 2,1,1+2 you should be doing u+4, Slide. Does more dmg and its pretty easy to do.
Yea, I should have mentioned that. u+4~Slide is the optimal combo. I do 2,1,b.2,2,Slide only because I use a 360 controller and the d-pad and my fingers will not allow me to pull it off consistently, especially online

21 df1 j.1 21 1+2 dash 21 b22~bf4

I do this for 37% but I can't get the 21 b22 consistently just yet.
This is the bnb I use also.

As for consistency, you just really have to learn how long Cyber-Sub takes to recover from the 2,1. For a general rule you should do the b.2 later rather than sooner, because if you are juggling them high enough you should have plenty of time in between the 2,1 hitting and them falling completely to the ground.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
21 df1 j.1 21 1+2 dash 21 b22~bf4

I do this for 37% but I can't get the 21 b22 consistently just yet.
I thank you for this xmas present. And FYI, once you learn the timing it's very easy. What helps me is to try and do this as fast as you can as SOON as the 1+2 hits, either way, by far the best staple combo I've seen

Buffer the dash immediately after after the ice sword hits the opponent's chest, then try to catch them with the 2,1 in the air at the highest point. At that point, there is a split-second delay between the 2,1 and the b.2,2,Slide

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I haven't seen it anywhere. After a freeze, you can use ice bomb(s) (no bomb will appear) and gain some extra meter, while still having time to pull off a jump-in punch and continue the combo.
e.g. 2,1 xx Ice Ball > Ice Bomb(no bomb) > dj.1...

Also, since commands for Ice Bomb are ff+3 and bb+3, it's easy to dash and cancel the dash into an Ice Bomb to both position yourself and build meter. That helps to, for example, get close enough for a cross-over dj.1 after 2,1 xx Ice Bomb. Note that Teleport also gains meter, but takes a bit longer than Ice Bomb, has a cooldown, and doesn't allow for some positioning, like performing 2,1 xx Freeze > (gain meter) > dj.1 while switching sides with your opponent.

Additionally, using the bomb whiffs(?) off Ice Ball in the corner might not always be possible without forfeiting either the dj.1 or positioning, but if the opponent is only near the corner and not against the wall, you can use Teleport instead for some extra meter, then cross-over dj.1 to place the opponent back in the corner. For Ice Beam, you can cancel backdash into bombs with bb+3 for better positioning for the dj.1.

Off Ice Ball, you only have time to use one teleport or bomb. You can usually pull off three bombs (or a teleport and two bombs; or teleport,bomb,teleport) after an Ice Beam and still have time for the dj.1. If an Ice Bomb hits and freezes, you have time for only one teleport or bomb unless you start either move just as or before the bomb connects; in that case, you can use either teleport and a bomb or two bombs. Any Ice Balls or Ice Beams on aerial opponents can only give enough time for one bomb or teleport, but if the combo has juggled the opponent for more than one hit(that hit being the freezing attack), you will have no time to gain meter.

Can't believe I counted cyber sub out just because of appearance. He is a fantastic character. Trumped my Reptile before I even learned how to play cyber sub, and reptile was my main O_O

Just found this in the corner: 3,3,2 > d+1 > 1 > 1,1,2 xx Slide (28%)
I find it a lot easier than the previous combo, and it deals 2% more damage, but it builds a bit less meter. Omitting the extra 1 drops it to 27% but makes connecting with the Slide easier.

Found two slightly more damaging links than 2,1 > b+2,2 xx Slide midscreen that push the opponent further as well:
2,1 > dash > f+2,2,1 xx Slide
f+2,2 > dash > f+2,2,1 xx Slide

With these:

2,1 xx Ice Bomb > (meter gain) > dj.1 > 2,1,1+2 > dash > dash* > f+2,2 > dash* > f+2,2,1 xx Slide (38%)
3,3 xx Ice Beam > (meter gain) > dj.1 > 2,1,1+2 > dash > dash* > f+2,2 > dash* > f+2,2,1 xx Slide (38%)
3,3,2 xx Ice Beam > dash > (optional dash)x2 > f+2,2 > (optional dash) > f+2,2,1 xx Slide (30%)
b+3 xx Ice Beam > (meter gain) > dj.1 > 2,1,1+2 > dash > dash* > f+2,2 > dash* > f+2,2,1 xx Slide (35%)
b+3,2 > dash > f+2,2 > dash > f+2,2,1 xx Slide (27%)

*You must use at least one of the marked dashes, but you can use both for a bit more distance.

2,1 and f+2,2 seem to be completely interchangeable in terms of damage and are interchangeable in all the combos I listed except the third one, but 2,1 has better vertical range, faster startup, and slower recovery. I've posted the combos I find easier(those using f+2,2); I also find using both marked dashes to be the easiest and most reliable.

Not sure if this is worth noting, but after a 2,1, 1+2 launcher, you can go for a refreeze reset with 4, ice ball if you notice your opponent immediately getting up a lot.

babalook

Noob
Not sure if this is worth noting, but after a 2,1, 1+2 launcher, you can go for a refreeze reset with 4, ice ball if you notice your opponent immediately getting up a lot.
what do you mean by this does the oppoenent have to stay on the ground or something to avoid this and if so what can you do if you opponent does start staying on the ground?

Yeah, really not getting what you're saying, and any way I try to interpret it sounds like it wouldn't work...

Also, found an another improvement upon meterless 3,3,2 in the corner; might be a bit rough with the timing, though:
3,3,2 > d+1 > 1 > 3,4 > 3,3 xx Slide (33%)

Found another, slightly less damaging variant that's easier to do, which also builds more special meter than the 33% combo... this one's probably the best to use so far:
3,3,2 > d+1 > 1,1,1 xx Ice Ball > f+2,2,1 xx Slide (31%)