What's new

CURBOLICIOUS' Cage

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Outstanding, very talented kid. He's ganna go further. He had better chances with REO theen Maxter imo.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
They've played each other already. Curbo has admitted on several occasions that F0xy's Cage is better. And note, you'd never expect Curbo to admit something like that. Guess he's just painfully honest.

Cage bandwagon? Everyone already plays Cage online. It's like the #1 most character I encounter next to Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Even I use Cage. So easy to pick up and play for fun. lol
ive admitted to everyone saying f0xy's cage is better but i never play him and havent played him in so long that its hard to tell. ive leveled up so much since last time ive encountered him

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I think I speak for everyone when i say, if anybody can get us a link for PL getting babied it will be greatly appreciated.

Curbo is really good. I think he could've beat REO if he went with Jax as soon as he lost the first game. Getting fourth at his first offline tournament and bodying all the top players, This man knows how to make an entrance.
I tried so hard to stick to character loyalty, i really didnt want to counter pick until the very end and i still almost came back :(

Furb

Noob
Very good performance. REO had to go with Kabal wich is probably the worst MU for Cage. I'm little suprised that many players are so scared of JC. US players respects each other so much, that good pressing characters like Cage or Jax are powerful. Don't forget that MK9 is broken game, so if somebody posts on TYM statements like "f+3 pressing is unbeatable" and belive that is the only true, than he didn't tried d+1, armor or jump out of this. There are many situatuions when i'm pressing my enemy, and they are getting out without any problem. But when you're facing someone who is just standing with a block, than there is no way to beat Cage.

Sorry about this little offtopic. Props to Curbo. It is good to show people that there are many skilled players who are still unknown to the audience. Just beacause somebody is playing on HD stream often, doesn't make him unbeatable TOP player IMO.

Death

Noob
I'll be honest here. I was losing at past tournaments then starting training with Curbo in January and he leveled me up a lot and I quickly made top 8 at WB and FR. This kid is ridiculous. He single handily leveled up my game in a matter of 2 monthes. Leading up to MLG i knew he was going to make top 8. I was always telling him he can do it. I played every1 and by playing him online I could tell he would do well. I questioned him having tournament nerves but he proved me wrong there and looked real calm out there. Very rare too being that collected at a first tournament.

I played every Cage out there and this kid bodied me so bad in top 16. Before playing him I was very worried cuz i know how our casuals go but I tried my best. I didn't even play bad hes just that much better than I am. I strongly think if Curbo went Jax after the first lost he would of beat REO. If he can make it our to more tournaments and travel im 100% confident he can take out the big guns.

Death

Noob
Don't put urself in a world of hurt

LOL, You should go down there and make an easy 50 bucks! But dude, i got your text but my battery died in the car so i couldnt respond. Keep Cage around and Jax for Kabal. I knew how good your Jax was sick. I was telling CD that you should go jax after your first lost. You were making that jax/cage match very competitive.

Man, Fuck curbo cage. Did ya see his Jax, he almost beat REO cage in a confirmed 8-3 match up by the Jaxs gods just off his spacing. Also Curbo when you were jax fighting REO cage were you intentionally whiffing f41 to hit the 3 to get the advantage if so man your a genius I don't think any Jax player thought of doing that against cage! I hope you pull out your Jax again in the future.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
so proud of curbolicious!!! and as much as i want to congratulate him, i saw exactly how to defend against him being a cage player myself, its my secret curbo tech if we ever mirror match :D after hearing everyone's opinion a few weeks ago on tym, i thought he could make top 8, bu top 4 and almost beating reo, huge props to him. hopefully he patch up his relationships with vsm and matures with his top 4 placing. i would be willing to drive and pick this guy up from where he lives and take him to vsm one day for a tourney, but idk if he wants to come down. curbo let me know i will make it my personal mission. yay :cool:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I'll be honest here. I was losing at past tournaments then starting training with Curbo in January and he leveled me up a lot and I quickly made top 8 at WB and FR. This kid is ridiculous. He single handily leveled up my game in a matter of 2 monthes. Leading up to MLG i knew he was going to make top 8. I was always telling him he can do it. I played every1 and by playing him online I could tell he would do well. I questioned him having tournament nerves but he proved me wrong there and looked real calm out there. Very rare too being that collected at a first tournament.

I played every Cage out there and this kid bodied me so bad in top 16. Before playing him I was very worried cuz i know how our casuals go but I tried my best. I didn't even play bad hes just that much better than I am. I strongly think if Curbo went Jax after the first lost he would of beat REO. If he can make it our to more tournaments and travel im 100% confident he can take out the big guns.
Yeah, I think everyone at MLG was thinking that he needed to move out of Cage after the first loss. He would have probably had a great shot at winning the entire thing if he got past REO since Cage matched up really well against the characters played in the top 3.

Death

Noob
Yeah, I think everyone at MLG was thinking that he needed to move out of Cage after the first loss. He would have probably had a great shot at winning the entire thing if he got past REO since Cage matched up really well against the characters played in the top 3.
Yes your 100% right. I was very confident in Curbo chances but I was worried about how he would do vs REOs Kabal. I know he hates fighting real good kabals but he looked like he can hold his own in the Jax/Kabal MU.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yes your 100% right. I was very confident in Curbo chances but I was worried about how he would do vs REOs Kabal. I know he hates fighting real good kabals but he looked like he can hold his own in the Jax/Kabal MU.
Yeah, I was sitting by GGA and after his Jax was on display everyone was scratching their head on why he rematched :/. Was rooting for him and REO since he sent me to losers ;), so it was kind of a conflict of interests....

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
CURBOLICOUS , your lucky when you were playing REO I told you to switch to Jax, that made some real hype matches and made you go 2-3 instead of 0-3. I was going to tell you to switch to Jax after you lost your first match vs Kabal, but I figured I would let you try Cage one more time. But say if you did switch to Jax after your first loss.... than it would have been 1-0, REO would have counterpicked with Cage, but you won anyways so it would have been 1-1 instead of 1-2. Anything could have happened at that point, I really wish I would have told you to switch to Jax earlier lol. Good shit tho anyways, you won the Jax vs Cage matchup thats suppose to be 8-2 in REO's favor

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Yeah, props, Curbo. I knew you were really good from playing you online. When I first played you online I was thinking to myself: why is this guy able to space me out with Jax, I know how to beat Jax with Sub, and then sure enough, I see you beasting at MLG with Cage and then Jax at the end.

You proved everything you wanted to prove and in future, when you play Reo and the likes again, don't be afraid to counterpick because Reo and CDjr counterpick like crazy. Just do it, and you can definitely win! Your skill level was exceptional from what I saw in the tournament. Well played.

Flagg

Noob
Curbos Cage is light years ahead of Maxters and Dizzy. He is the best Cage in America, no questions asked.

Curbo was by far the most entertaining player to watch. I think REO was very fortunate to beat you.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I told CURBOLICOUS to chill the BS until he went out & proved it. And what did he do? He fuckin walked the walk, talked the talk...OH MAN lol. I got MAD respect for the kid, and he knew that going into this. He knows I am the President of the Curbolicious fan club.

Dominic is a special kid. Not just any random person would be able to do what he did. Period. He is a freak of nature. some people just have it, and this kid does.

ALSO maddddddd props to Momma Curbolicous for bringing him, supporting her son and being an awesome part of this weekend. That was awesome. I was honored to meet her as well.

CURBOLICIOUS IS THE MVP FOR MK9 AT MLG COLUMBUS!!

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I told CURBOLICOUS to chill the BS until he went out & proved it. And what did he do? He fuckin walked the walk, talked the talk...OH MAN lol. I got MAD respect for the kid, and he knew that going into this. He knows I am the President of the Curbolicious fan club.

Dominic is a special kid. Not just any random person would be able to do what he did. Period. He is a freak of nature. some people just have it, and this kid does.

ALSO maddddddd props to Momma Curbolicous for bringing him, supporting her son and being an awesome part of this weekend. That was awesome. I was honored to meet her as well.

CURBOLICIOUS IS THE MVP FOR MK9 AT MLG COLUMBUS!!

Shoutouts to Mommalicous