What's new

Tech Crouch Sliding: With Sub!

I have reason to believe that this tactic is far superior than just standing up and sliding, reason being is that I know for a fact that sliding while standing makes your hitbox higher and creates a small area for you to get hit in, and I have reason to believe it makes the animation have more frames while your standing!

How I came to this understanding.
I play a great lui kang, the best I know Scorpangel and he ducks and inputs his low fb as soon as the fb gets above his head and I never hit him. But when I play other kang's they get up to do the low fb causing that little window of opportunity to hit them and results in me getting a free combo. I came to realize that it's because standing and inputting crouching specials actually creates that small window of opportunity!

Why is this going to help?
Because as we all know or have learned by not is that when a character wiff's a move it makes everything recover for a longer period of time! Just like Scorpion's spear, sub's freeze and etc, the fact of the matter is that your creating a bigger window for yourself if you use this tactic! I've punished sonya like this at a little out of jump distance!

How do I do use this?
There's three steps to this:
1.Ducking-to make the projectile wiff.
2.Knowing how to input slide while in crouch state, it's a bit tricky. Try blocking and inputting it if you find it difficult.

But remember the trick is to do it as soon as the projectile has passed overhead and remember your range is can't just hit people fullscreen it depends on the projectile being used and it's recovery frames!

Pluses!
1.If you completely master this like I have I've found it easy to hit kitana players while they try to advance with a fan then into f2,1. You guys really have to get into this, it works like a charm.
2.Sliding is now more popular, people will respect your slide and it's invincibility to high projectiles.
3.You slide faster overall that's a fact, think of it this way; Whenever you get up to then slide your adding more frames and a larger hitbox to the slide! So wouldn't you want less frames and a reduced hitbox?

Cons!
1.Range specific, you have to know what projectile's you can punish and the distance required to punish them or you'll get blown up.
2.Kind of tricky to perform, I found it super easy to pull off with the analog stick but the pad I have to work on!

Hope this helps, it's done wonders for me!

Let me know what you guys think!

Creepy00

Noob
Interesting, so could we expect a video showing this new trick? Maybe a direct comparison between standing slide vs crouching slide if possible.