What's new

Cronus Device

Noob
I had an opportunity to try one of these at Project Injustice. The response time blew my mind. I have decided I want to get one and give it a try, and of course I will update with my findings once I test it on various systems and have the VSM guys give it a try. Has anyone else used this device?

http://www.cronusdevice.com/cronus-device.html

Here's a quick overview:

"The Cronus device allows you to use your favorite controller on any console you want. Use a PS3 controller on Xbox 360. Use a Xbox 360 controller on a PS3. Even use a Wii-mote on your Xbox! "

Komatose

The Prettiest
Soooo if I want to use my PS3/PC Hit Box on an Xbox 360, that little thing will basically convert it without any problems?

Noob
I think the most appealing part of this is that for the longest time, the PS3 has been the "go to" system for tournaments, but recent debates have made many tournaments either consider the 360 or make the jump entirely to 360 based on proven results for games running smoother on the 360.

The problem is that there is no real quality solution to the 360 pad issue. So many players are pad players these days, and the PS3 pad is FAR superior to the 360 pad... though there are a few that still use and excel with it (Curbo comes to mind). The point is, in order to currently use a PS style pad on 360, you need to either

1. Buy a $60 Hori pad which may or may not last you... there has been some debate on the build quality.

2. Use the multi-adapter with a wired 360 pad, and the longevity and reliability of these adapters is questionable at best

3. Buy and etokki, which again have been questioned for lag/delay, however the stability and longevity is considered better than the multi-adapter.

As far as I'm concerned, if this converter works as well as either the multi-adapter or the etokki, then it's a victory. Being able to use your PS3 pad on PS3 and 360 is going to solve a lot of problems.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
This thing is amazing. Ever since I tried it, I've been trying to get my hands on it... Too bad I'm broke and its like $60...

http://www.cronusdevice.com/testimonials.html

http://www.cronusdevice.com/featured.html -- IPW, Spike, Gizmodo, Engadget etc.

Created by modder and PCB maker Toodles, this special test involves running Super Street Fighter IV's training mode to see if there will be a trade (both characters hit) or a counter-hit from one of the subjects. Me and the Marvelous Customs team used my 360 SE stick with the Cronus Device. The SE's fierce button was also directly wired to the same button area in Toodles' ChImpSMD board. Here was our results from using Ryu's fierce attack:

Test 1: 25 trades, 22 counter-hits from ChImp, 3 counter-hits from Cronus. Test 2: 25 trades, 23 counter-hits from ChImp, 2 counter-hits from Cronus.

From both tests, the results show that there are more trades than counter-hits but it's a bit surprising that the ChImp was closing in. While the counter-hits from both ChImp and Cronus featured a landslide victory from the former, the Cronus was able to catch up sometimes to provide trades and its own individual counter-hits. Players probably won't have much of an issue beyond the occasional and very minor signal lag from the Cronus similar to Toodles' test with the Qanba Q4/Eightarc Fusion and his Multi-Console Cthulu board where it had somewhat similar test scores.
Why is everyone just finding out about this?

I don't think it's a matter of people just finding out about this. I've known about it for a long time but was unwilling to sink the $60 into the device without trying it first. Now that I have, I'm sold.
Cool, it's a first for me, everyone always hypes up Etokki. Let me know how it goes.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I don't think it's a matter of people just finding out about this. I've known about it for a long time but was unwilling to sink the $60 into the device without trying it first. Now that I have, I'm sold.
i am looking forward to your review, i want one as well so i don't have to daul mod my sticks :)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I knew about this for a while, but like Phil, I didn't want to sink that much money into it.

If I can, I may pick it up.

Noob
I knew about this for a while, but like Phil, I didn't want to sink that much money into it.

If I can, I may pick it up.

I'll try to get a decent review out there for this weekend, following people using it at VSM.

Guys, be aware that if you want to convert ps3 to xbox with this device you also must purchase a wired 360 pad. If you have a stick I IMPLORE that you just get it dual modded instead. Don't be cheap, if you wanna play on both consoles do it right. Plus there's less stuff that can go wrong lol. Pad players though... Go nuts. This is a sweet little tool for you guys.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Guys, be aware that if you want to convert ps3 to xbox with this device you also must purchase a wired 360 pad. If you have a stick I IMPLORE that you just get it dual modded instead. Don't be cheap, if you wanna play on both consoles do it right. Plus there's less stuff that can go wrong lol. Pad players though... Go nuts. This is a sweet little tool for you guys.
I think there's a newer version that doesn't require the 360 pad.

I prefer a PS2 pad + a convert to use on other systems. eTokki's adapter fro PS2 to Xbox 360 does not need a wired Xbox pad and its nearly lagless.

Noob
So, how'd it go.
So far, amazing. The device is the absolute best converter I have used. I feel absolutely no noticeable lag or delay at all... either converting PS3 to 360 or 360 to PS3.

I've had the opportunity to get numerous players to test it as well, all with the same response I had... no lag.

Some of these players are:
REDRUM
KPB Solkuro
VSM Classy Sasquatch
Sabin
TS NerdJosh
KPB Kakurot

That's just a sampling of the players who have all tested the Cronus Device at my request and all of them said that they felt no lag or delay.

Tim Static

Adminerator
So far, amazing. The device is the absolute best converter I have used. I feel absolutely no noticeable lag or delay at all... either converting PS3 to 360 or 360 to PS3.

I've had the opportunity to get numerous players to test it as well, all with the same response I had... no lag.

Some of these players are:
REDRUM
KPB Solkuro
VSM Classy Sasquatch
Sabin
TS NerdJosh
KPB Kakurot

That's just a sampling of the players who have all tested the Cronus Device at my request and all of them said that they felt no lag or delay.
Does it still require wired 360 pad?

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Really glad you made this thread. I've been wanting to try this thing out for months, but was skeptical over forking over $60+. lol.