What's new

Create your own fighting game

From the looks of fighting games being made from charities and those that are still made and kept going and going,

What kind of new fighting game would you create out of your own? When it comes to martial arts & supernatural forces?

What story
What characters
What designs
What gameplay
&
What modes

Get Team Soul from Namco and Netherrealm together, for a 3D Soul Calibur vs Mortal Kombat crossover.

Each character has two stances: weapon and hand-to-hand

The Soul Calibur developers work on making the weapon combat- so it's similar to Soul Calibur style.

The Netherrealm developers work on making the hand-to-hand combat. Should play similar to Deception style.

Design shouldn't be much of an issue to merge the two. Characters from either universe fit very well together already (oh, actually, don't use the cutesy SCV characters. Characters from SC 1-4 only)

Create-a-character should be included, by I NEED the option to force my opponent's custom character to appear as normal on my screen. I'm tired of going onto SCV online and fighting a flood of naked 14-year-old-girls. Christ people.

Should have all the basic modes, etc.

ScorpionRules!!!92

I no longer main characters on any fighting games.
Funimation Anime vs. Viz Media Anime and no i'm not counting J Stars Victory Vs. as this game I mean a real legit Funimation Anime vs. Viz Media Anime game that I can actually play since I can't play J Stars Victory Vs. due to it being a Japan only game so yeah there you go.

From the past games that didn't develop more, which of these themes would you bring back?

ex.
- Tattoo Assassins
- War Gods
- Clay Fighter
- Bloody Roar
- Primal Rage

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
From the past games that didn't develop more, which of these themes would you bring back?

ex.
- Tattoo Assassins
- War Gods
- Clay Fighter
- Bloody Roar
- Primal Rage
Clayfighter. I love the characters and the world is also a lot of fun.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Mortal Kombat block button, strings, and dash block system with Street fighter attack speed (startup on moves on average 3-7) and footsies.

Id die of happiness. Call it Stupid Kombat: Seth Rogan Edition, i wouldn't care, itd be godlike.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Robot Fighters, like Cyberbots but better, no Pacific Rim foolishness. I would like this:

But would prefer something in the likes of Tekkaman Blade characters.

Last edited:
There are a lot of Bruce Lees & Jackie Chans in every martial art fighting game. But they don't have any...

- Donnie Yens
- Michelle Yeohs
- Cynthia Rothrocks
- Don Wilsons
- Jet Lis
&
- Tony Jaas

... yet.

And not a lot have...
- Indian
- Filipino
&
- Hawaiian

...martial arts

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
From the looks of fighting games being made from charities and those that are still made and kept going and going,

What kind of new fighting game would you create out of your own? When it comes to martial arts & supernatural forces?

What story
What characters
What designs
What gameplay
&
What modes
I'll tell you when we finish it.

When it comes to martial arts in fighting games...

- Street Fighter: Satsui no Hadou & Psycho Power
- Tekken: Devil gene
- Dead or Alive: Ninjas & a corporation

What if for a new fighting game.... remember WMAC masters and the Quest (feat. Jean-Claude Van Damme)? What if there was a prize of some "golden dragon" or "dragon star" or something?

What if Capcom created their own weapon based fighting game to rival Soulcalibur? This time it won't be in the old century but in the modern century, our time?

Except the hero will be a warrior from the old century. Kinda like Highlander.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
There are a lot of Bruce Lees & Jackie Chans in every martial art fighting game. But they don't have any...

- Donnie Yens
- Michelle Yeohs
- Cynthia Rothrocks
- Don Wilsons
- Jet Lis
&
- Tony Jaas

... yet.

And not a lot have...
- Indian
- Filipino
&
- Hawaiian

...martial arts
Donnie Yen is my favourite martial arts actor

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !

- Donnie Yens
- Michelle Yeohs
- Cynthia Rothrocks
- Don Wilsons
- Jet Lis
&
- Tony Jaas

... yet.

And not a lot have...
- Indian
- Filipino
&
- Hawaiian

...martial arts
Sonya is Cynthia Rothrock and from a point on you could tell Kung Lao is Donnie Yen (MK9 especially).
...but you know what? There needs to be a Bolo Yeung ! :)

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Story; One day man was angry at other man, men had fight the end.
Characters; Ninja guy/Other ninja guy/That guy who looks like Ryu and Ken but totally isn't/Strange beast person/cocky female/beast female/just some female who for some reason fights shit/chinese guy/Skype bot
designs; :DOGE this is the heads of everyone
Gameplay; Punch & Kick... sometimes block.
Modes; Story mode, Fight on your own like a loser pussy mode, Fight a friend who has no experience at the game mode, Online mode where we didn't do anything with the netcode but shit on it and hope it worked mode mode.

It is called Mortal Tekken Fighter Super ultimate 7 edition X Marvel

It will retail at £45 & $60 in the US, you can pre order now and have access to bonus content.
Within the bonus content you will receive an exclusive character "The flying Dick" & Alternate costumes for all females to be almost nude but not quite nude.

3Lifts

Noob
.. how would you design it?

Would it be an anime fighter or more realistic looking like MKX? 1v1 or tag team? Which mechanics would you use?

Discuss :D

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
You'll find out once I release it after I'm done learning how to make games.

Inb4 "you'll never finish though, ur stupid hurrdurr"

Anime fighter, non-shitty netcode, non-annoying characters in both design and playstyle, memorable music and backgrounds, no 50/50s, 1v1 and tag-mode. Not too flashy, but not dull.