What's new

cR Sonic Fox Wins MKXL at Final Round 19

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Long gone are the days of crying about Summoner, Tanya and Tempest Lao lol. Heck people already forgot about Cyrax and Robo Sub, nice job Alien.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I feel like i was the only one who enjoyed grand finals.
I didnt think it was bad. The only thing that was boring was seeing Dragon and Fox play since they've played so many times before. I think Alien's hype but I like Baraka and I like the Alien franchise so maybe thats why lol.

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
I didnt think it was bad. The only thing that was boring was seeing Dragon and Fox play since they've played so many times before. I think Alien's hype but I like Baraka and I like the Alien franchise so maybe thats why lol.
I love seeing @SonicFox5000 win. And I'm a big fan of acidic. Tarkatan looks cool to me. Limbs, blades, and a tail flying every where. No idea what's going on half the time lol

Shady

Noob
Congrats to Sonic. The rich keep getting richer and if I'm not mistake he did well in other games too? Kid's got talent and he's come a long way (I remember 2012 MK9 in Philly, first tourney I seen him in). Really adaptable and understands the game like none other.

Pnut killed with Kotal. The rest was super predictable as far as MKX has gone over the year.

You're telling me that not only NRS releases another DLC character with some ole bullshit in their arsenal (Alien), but also has overreacts critically to community crying about a few tools in their arsenal and overreact with the hotfix before the community even has the time to figure it out (Triborg). Sensational.

I watched the streams all week because I'm thinking about getting back into the game and it seems that no matter how you spin it with any of the new (or old) characters the problems that drove me away are still the same. Namely, there is still absolutely 0 risk in the 50/50 game with top characters. Personally, i think there should be a risk/reward element to your pressure 50/50 game. If the opponent guesses right he should get something out of it, or it at least should go back to neutral. The way it stands it's still. "Oh, hey, you blocked my set up by guessing right, but you get nothing, because I'm plus and you just get to guess again."

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
It's completely fine that two of the same character was top two. This is nothing on the scale of four Tanyas at CEO.
It was completely fine when Dvorah was the top two at Toryuken, right?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It's completely fine that two of the same character was top two. This is nothing on the scale of four Tanyas at CEO.
It was completely fine when Dvorah was the top two at Toryuken, right?
Exactly. No one should be surprised by this.
It's a lot of elements stacked into one that made the Finals seem so underwhelming. there's the grudge against the rekkas, especially after waiting months for Tanya to be toned down just for Tarkalien to carry the fire, the grudge people have against Dragon, the collective groan that comes when just as predicted you end up with dueling foriegn DLC in your finals, even though the both of them played out of their minds all weekend...it's like waiting through a whole football season just to get the same title match. same thing used to happen in MK9 and people would bitch about Reo and Kabal. but I think of it this way; it could've been way worse, it ended up being a stacked show full of great matches, and now the bar has been set and we all have our starting point to work from as far as XL is concerned.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I love all the people justifying their different characters' dirt because their character either didn't make top 8 or GF. Just because your character didn't make it to top 8, doesn't mean its balanced. The self righteousness is cringeworthy.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
God tym is full of sheep its honestly hilarious. When some of us where saying "the cyborgs are fine and dlc will be fine for fr, maaaybe worry about alien a little" everyone was screaming for extremely unecessary cyborg nerfs. Now that alien was in grandfinals all you tards will now start crying for nerfs even thiugh you have literally not even the slightest clue as to How the character works.
It was extremmmmmeely obvious no one knew the tarkatan mu. Dragón was getting away with muuuurdeer on some of the rekkas.

As for acidic, the character is fine. Literally only sonic fox did shit with the character and we all know he would do fine with any character.

Put your goddamn pitchforks away and stop embarasing yourself tym

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I always root for Quan Chi.

Oh me too but he just seemed even so much more hype than ever this weekend. When @michaelangelo hit that crossover jump off the interactable + low bat hard-to-blockable into full combo I damn near lost my shit.

And that zoning really got to shine. Do you know how hard it is to get someone who's mained everyone from T. Hawk and Hugo to Bane and Grundy rooting for a motherfucker to get and stay the fuck out and lay down the law with projectiles?!

They nerfed Quan's bullshit a bit but buffed the hell out of his hype.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
So glad I didn't stay up to watch this. As usual Pools is where it's at for some excitement. Congrats to the placers.

Also I look forward to more DLC at future tournaments. The entertainment value from the shit posts is just too high. Never change TYM

I don't really understand the logic of KP2 being banned. If they are broken this week, wouldnt they be just as broken a month from now if NRS has moved on?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Acidic Alien? I'd have never thought. With such a low tier char oh my god what a surprise, never saw it coming in a million years.
I'd have thought A-list being broken as fuck, would win this hands down.