What's new

General/Other Council of Sub Mains

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
hell no... he whipped me like a red headed step child.

Doesn't mean I didn't go into the match thinking i was gonna lose. :)
I always assume I'm going to win... and play that way.
Oh damn, I forgot about that match. I was rooting for you so hard bro. :( Don't worry, whenever I play him, he bodies me...everytime. And thats just in casuals. I get so psyched out by the fact that I'm playing against brady in a mirror....lol its so dumb.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I won some games against him in SZ mirror casuals when he visited GGA a couple of months ago, but I have yet to face him in-tournament. But since it was only casuals, I've never put much value into those wins. It was only casuals and not a tournament set or money match or anything like that.

I'm more than eager to meet him in-tournament or do a FT 5 in SZ mirrors against him, though, a la the Denzell vs. Brady FT 5 that happened this Summer. Hell, have Triforce do commentary on it again and have him talk shit against me! lol, I think that would be hype and I would get a huge kick out of it! It would just be friendly competition, though. I don't see any serious trash talking taking place between Brady and myself. Neither he or myself are built like that and I have all of the respect in the world for Tom Brady. He taught me just about everything that I know about Sub-Zero in MK 9.

It's just that I remember Brady once saying that his record in SZ mirrors was something like 1,000,000 - 2, which is interesting because my record in SZ mirrors also happens to be something like 1,000,000 - 2 :p Naturally, that makes me curious about what would happen in a Tom Brady vs. Semi Evil Ryu Sub-Zero mirror that WASN'T casuals.

At the end of the day, no matter the result, it really wouldn't change all that much though. It's only a mirror match, which doesn't dictate who has the better Sub-Zero. He would still be the Sub-Zero of America and rightfully so. He's earned that title and no one will ever take it away from him. If anything, I'd just be happy with being known as that one Sub-Zero who beat his. Again, not a real game changer, but it would be a nice little "mental medal" for me to have. And he could very well win that FT5 or tournament set against me. But there IS one thing that I can promise you out of that FT5 / set, though.....

I'll do better than Denzell did against him. ;)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I won some games against him in SZ mirror casuals when he visited GGA a couple of months ago, but I have yet to face him in-tournament. But since it was only casuals, I've never put much value into those wins. It was only casuals and not a tournament set or money match or anything like that.

I'm more than eager to meet him in-tournament or do a FT 5 in SZ mirrors against him, though, a la the Denzell vs. Brady FT 5 that happened this Summer. Hell, have Triforce do commentary on it again and have him talk shit against me! lol, I think that would be hype and I would get a huge kick out of it! It would just be friendly competition, though. I don't see any serious trash talking taking place between Brady and myself. Neither he or myself are built like that and I have all of the respect in the world for Tom Brady. He taught me just about everything that I know about Sub-Zero in MK 9.

It's just that I remember Brady once saying that his record in SZ mirrors was something like 1,000,000 - 2, which is interesting because my record in SZ mirrors also happens to be something like 1,000,000 - 2 :p Naturally, that makes me curious about what would happen in a Tom Brady vs. Semi Evil Ryu Sub-Zero mirror that WASN'T casuals.

At the end of the day, no matter the result, it really wouldn't change all that much though. It's only a mirror match, which doesn't dictate who has the better Sub-Zero. He would still be the Sub-Zero of America and rightfully so. He's earned that title and no one will ever take it away from him. If anything, I'd just be happy with being known as that one Sub-Zero who beat his. Again, not a real game changer, but it would be a nice little "mental medal" for me to have. And he could very well win that FT5 or tournament set against me. But there IS one thing that I can promise you out of that FT5 / set, though.....

You confidence is admirable.
Trust me when I say this.... you WILL NOT get out of the corner. He is a Jedi.... I did everything but fart in his lap to get out.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

tl dr

i want a ft5 with brady sub mirror

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance

I too have only played him in casuals. But I've played his KL more than his sub....and got effing wrecked in the process. His lao is pretty damned good man. I'm so shitty in the sub mirror too LoL. I almost never play the mirror if I can avoid it. I actually remember playing you like a long time ago online when I was but a wee supreme. It was painful.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'd rather fight you guys.... because you think i'm sorta good!!! bwhahahaha.

I honestly don't know how to fight SZ..... no one ever used him against me..... and online you can just d4 at the start and run away like a beeeesh.

If you watch that vid i posted.... the match I won.... i made it a point to stay mid screen because I felt I was better than he was in that range (I am).

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
You confidence is admirable.
Trust me when I say this.... you WILL NOT get out of the corner. He is a Jedi.... I did everything but fart in his lap to get out.
I remember getting out of the corner ONCE, during those casuals. He went for a 212 and I just did ex slide to absorb the last 2 hit and got out of dodge. Only reason that he didn't 214 clone was because I got the bar to do the ex slide at the last possible second.

But yes, his corner game is second to no one.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I remember getting out of the corner ONCE, during those casuals. He went for a 212 and I just did ex slide to absorb the last 2 hit and got out of dodge. Only reason that he didn't 214 clone was because I got the bar to do the ex slide at the last possible second.

But yes, his corner game is second to no one.
the key.... si to have goldfish moaning in the background........ ITS LEGIT!

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Cool thing about Tom is, he's hella helpful in casuals when you're playing against/around him.. LoL unless he's drunk. Then its just pure entertainment. I think he just got back here to dallas too...I need to get some games in with the old man.

Dark_Rob

Noob
The whole thing about beating Tom in the Sub mirror is you have to get the life lead and KEEP IT! And then run away like a true and total bitch and not do anything(and I do mean anything) stupid or he will get you. If at any point he gets the life lead you might as well go grab a beer because you will never get it back. He fights top Kitanas like 16 bits and can timeout a lifelead. No Subzero is taking a lifelead back from him. The other thing is he uses EX slide better than any Sub out there, so its alot harder for you to protect your lifelead than it is for him to protect his.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The whole thing about beating Tom in the Sub mirror is you have to get the life lead and KEEP IT! And then run away like a true and total bitch and not do anything(and I do mean anything) stupid or he will get you. If at any point he gets the life lead you might as well go grab a beer because you will never get it back. He fights top Kitanas like 16 bits and can timeout a lifelead. No Subzero is taking a lifelead back from him. The other thing is he uses EX slide better than any Sub out there, so its alot harder for you to protect your lifelead than it is for him to protect his.
Its funny because I think every person here... who would actually want to fight thsi mirror...... simply just wants to fight Tom. I don' t think a single person wants to prove anything. Well.... maybe that Ice puddles are cool (haha).
Wish there was more of this going around. Less chest beating and more ... "I want to fight you because you're freaking good and I need that challenge".

Oh and yeah. Rob probably knows this more than anyone. Poor Rob. Gaining all that mirror knowledge. I bet you could still whip us just on swag.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Oh and yeah. Rob probably knows this more than anyone. Poor Rob. Gaining all that mirror knowledge. I bet you could still whip us just on swag.
Haha. Nah. You can't put down a game like MK9, and in particular a character like Subzero, for as long as I have and expect to be able to just pick it back up and be able to compete with people that are actively playing the game everyday. I still have alot of matchup info and stuff floating around in my head but that's about all. Its been months since I played MK9. You guys carry the torch for SUBZERO now.

But tune into the VSM royal rumble tommorow. We are trying to get as close to 30 players as we can, so Im sure Phil and I will have to be jobbers lol. Should be quite humourous. Maybe il even job with Sub.