What's new

Could use a tip. Got a question!

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
So yesterday Hito gave me some advice on what to do after a blocked 334. I usually teleport after but he was saying how 334 is neutral on block and that if i teleport it's a disadvantage. He suggested going into something else after a blocked 334. But i read in the frame data that it's -1 on block. I'm new to frame data so that's why i am coming here.

Basically i'm looking for advice for what to do after a blocked 334. Would going right into 121 work? Or would i be able to get punished? Thanks in advance.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Since it's negative 1 a poke would beat you. Also does 131 whiff on low opponents? Because then you're risking more than just a poke. Think of frame data as simple math; if you end with -1 and are doing a 7 frame move, you have 8 frames in which it will take to execute it. Your opponent can beat you if they do anything faster than 8 frames.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
So yesterday Hito gave me some advice on what to do after a blocked 334. I usually teleport after but he was saying how 334 is neutral on block and that if i teleport it's a disadvantage. He suggested going into something else after a blocked 334. But i read in the frame data that it's -1 on block. I'm new to frame data so that's why i am coming here.

Basically i'm looking for advice for what to do after a blocked 334. Would going right into 121 work? Or would i be able to get punished? Thanks in advance.
The question is, is he right that it's neutral or is it really -1? Anyway I read that 121 has an 8 frame startup. Maybe I will have to experiment. But all advice is More than welcome!

The question is, is he right that it's neutral or is it really -1? Anyway I read that 121 has an 8 frame startup. Maybe I will have to experiment. But all advice is More than welcome!
I'd take somberness' testing over however it is hitoshura got the idea that 334 is 0. You can test it out yourself, do the string on a blocking dummy, pause and set dummy to neutral crouch. Crouch at the same time and you'll see who has advantage.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
334 is -1 on block. 1 has a 9 frame startup. so basically, they have 10 frames to blow you up. Some characters have slow normals, some don't. It's character specific. Then you just have to judge whether or not they know what to do in that situation.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
334 is -1 on block. 1 has a 9 frame startup. so basically, they have 10 frames to blow you up. Some characters have slow normals, some don't. It's character specific. Then you just have to judge whether or not they know what to do in that situation.
What does it mean though that 1 has a 9 frame start up but 121 has an 8 frame start up?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
What does it mean though that 1 has a 9 frame start up but 121 has an 8 frame start up?
That's a good question. I didn't notice that in the list. I don't totally understand that either but I can only assume that it means it starts up faster if you're doing 121. I guess that's confusing because what if you don't have the second 1's input in before the first 1 finishes? There's no reason why you can't hit the second 1 before the 2 finishes. How does it know you're going to finish 121?

It is possible that there's a concept about this that I'm completely missing. Anyone? haha

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Nevermind. I think I know what it is. 1 has a 9 frame startup. 12 having a 9 frame startup means that it's 9 frames between 1 and 2, 121 having an 8 frame startup means that there's 8 frames between 2 and the second 1.

Makes more sense now.

So really I was originally right. It has a 9 frame startup.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
It depends on what you think they are going to do. If you want to be as safe as possible I would suggest d1. They have to do an attack 6 frames or faster to beat you which for most characters is only a d1.