What's new

Corner Reset

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Corner Reset (blockable):

f22b1, f22b1, wait then f22b1 OR f32 right when they land and they are hit OTG and popped up again. This is 100% blockable, but they MUST block or be hit. It eliminates any sort of wakeup or recovery or even holding down to stay grounded.

Very usefull info but it has been posted in other threads although things like the reset being blockable has ofcourse been scattered about so it is good to have it all in one i guess.

xxvic1ousxx

Awake and Dreaming...

I made a quick video about this yesterday, and apparently DrDogg and a few others were discussing it the day before.

I feel it may have some uses midscreen. Though the potential damage you'll get from a mid/low mixup, is 11%/26%+ after the initial 17% (with jump in). If you manage to catch them not blocking with a high, then the combo can easily be pushed into 50%+. However, that 11% is negligible and leaves no reason not to block low every time.

As Konqrr pointed, this reset has great potential in the corner. I haven't found another mid combo to connect for the reset. But, if you can consistently link b.2> d.1 xx Rising Karma> 2,1,b.2> 3 xx Spirit Charge, then you'll have a mid/low mixup of 35%/31%+.

Why do some of you guys keep referring to this as an "OTG"? otg stands for "off the ground" like tiger knee/instant fireballs...

edit: Actually, it's just one guy over at MKU that was calling this an OTG lol. nvm.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
Why do some of you guys keep referring to this as an "OTG"? otg stands for "off the ground" like tiger knee/instant fireballs...
otg does not mean that. man its been years since i heard anyone think otg meant that, and it was only 1 guy...

Otg in marvel is anything that pops the opponent up for a combo extension after knockdown. I assume that otg in 3d fighters is when you attack knocked down opponents as part of the whole okizeme thing.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
one reset into 40% combo = 64% in corner. Not to mention if you guess right with resets more than once. Haven't tried it in a match but it seems pretty sick. Do they need to hold crouch block to avoid getting hit by the low reset or does just holding block stop all these resets?

low hitting reset in corner = 50% total

Pretty good damage for no meter, although obviously it's not guaranteed. Could be really cool for comebacks when you need to risk more to do more.

You can also do these mid screen, 40% off low hitting reset. 49% for the high starter which will probably only work if they aren't holding block.

EDIT: lol 82% if they don't block the two high resets in the corner into the 40% combo.

The 40% combo I'm referring to is f2,2,b1 - 2,1,b2 - 114, db1 - 114, bf2. Which does 42% by itself with no reset.