What's new

Corner bounce cross up tech for multiple characters (MMH as well)

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
Multiple characters in the game have strings that have wall bounce effects but the opponent doesn't bounce back, like Ravens b23 and MMH's B13. If you end your combo with these strings in the corner it sets up an ambiguous cross up where you can decide which side you land on after a neutral jump within a couple frames. Your neutral jump attack will always face the wall no matter which side you land on. Keep in mind that all of these set ups are beaten by tech rolls except for Martian Manhunter which is what pushed me to make this post.

These set ups are done by either slightly walking forward/backwards then jumping straight up after the bounce string.

Combo starter into bf1 mb, b23.
For Catwoman when you neutral jump you land away from the corner and if you walk slightly forward you land in the corner.

If you end your combo with b23u3 in you can neutral jump into close dive kick and you will be in the corner, if you jump back into instant dive kick your opponent will still be in the corner.

I didn't feel like learning how to time Ares combos but 4x4lo8o helped me out with a combo ending with b13.
3d2, f23~mb invis, 112~d4, j2, b13. 48% , leaves you invisible so the opponent wont know if you walk forward or not for the neutral jump cross up.

combo starter into mb slam, j2, b23. For Raven you don't have to move at all, you can jump according to the bounce animation on the floor to determine wether you will land infront or behind.

The best for last!
Martian Manhunter benefits the most from this set up because his b13 is untechable so they have to either wake up with the fear of having their wake up inputs reversed or block 2 mixups (left/right then overhead/low)
22b3, J3~teleport, b13. From here you can neutral jump or walk slightly forward then neutral jump to decide which side you want to land on.

Notes: If your opponent blocks correctly, you will be safe or at advantage afterwards.

They are all avoided by tech rolls except Martian Manhunter, so these are not meant to be used every time, but throwing them out once or twice during a set to get a 50-80% cross up combo is quite beneficial.

Most wake up attacks get stuffed or are avoided completely by a neutral jump that is directly over their head so most of the cast has to block the mix up or tech roll.

Let me know what you think.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Corner vortex with MMH found day 2....

Nice stuff man. This is definitely great. Assured against the majority of the cast too.

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
Thank you sir. I'm pretty sure that those set ups for MMH can get more damage, as soon as I saw REOs video saying his b12 is an untechable knockdown I got an instant boner. I've been using these set ups with other characters but they were prone to tech rolls, not with MMH tho :)

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Multiple characters in the game have strings that have wall bounce effects but the opponent doesn't bounce back, like Ravens b23 and MMH's B13. If you end your combo with these strings in the corner it sets up an ambiguous cross up where you can decide which side you land on after a neutral jump within a couple frames. Your neutral jump attack will always face the wall no matter which side you land on. Keep in mind that all of these set ups are beaten by tech rolls except for Martian Manhunter which is what pushed me to make this post.

These set ups are done by either slightly walking forward/backwards then jumping straight up after the bounce string.

The best for last!
Martian Manhunter benefits the most from this set up because his b13 is untechable so they have to either wake up with the fear of having their wake up inputs reversed or block 2 mixups (left/right then overhead/low)
22b3, J3~teleport, b13. From here you can neutral jump or walk slightly forward then neutral jump to decide which side you want to land on.

Notes: If your opponent blocks correctly, you will be safe or at advantage afterwards.

They are all avoided by tech rolls except Martian Manhunter, so these are not meant to be used every time, but throwing them out once or twice during a set to get a 50-80% cross up combo is quite beneficial.

Most wake up attacks get stuffed or are avoided completely by a neutral jump that is directly over their head so most of the cast has to block the mix up or tech roll.

Let me know what you think.

4x4lo8o

Noob
This works great for Ares. B13 is a normal combo ender, so you can go for it without dropping any damage or going out of your way for the set up and you can do it off of any starter.
And if you do hit them with the crossup you can do b23, 1, f23, f23, b13(41%) to put them back in the corner and keep doing it until they guess right or figure out to tech roll.
Also works great with invisiblity, especially if they're familiar with the set up. They'll be blocking high expecting the jump and you mix in a d1~d4