What's new

Question consistently punishing kung laos teleport

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
so i remember punishing it with uppercut,slight dash, lift and d1 lift, but i played a game online and lift kept wiffing 99% of the time. so what do you guys consider the most reliable punish for kl's tele regardless of ping. i thought to myself that d1 dash d1Lift might work.

Ermac is very similar to Scorpion in many respects. With Scorpion I punish Tele~3 with d1-d1xxTeleport. I'm sure Ermac can punish with d1-d1xxTKS.

Owerbart

I miss you
D1 is not good for punishing KL teleport. Best thing is just uppercut into lift. Probably you couldn't do it because of online lag.

EX Teleport is another story. Sometime d1-lift works but from my experience just dash and try to lift

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Illmatix, back dash and lift, d1 and lift, back dash 1 lift, back dash 2 lift. Soo many options. Uppercut is risky, but if you time it right you get a combo from there as well. Good KL's wont be using consistently teleport against good Ermac players.

Illmatix

Illmatix, back dash and lift, d1 and lift, back dash 1 lift, back dash 2 lift. Soo many options. Uppercut is risky, but if you time it right you get a combo from there as well. Good KL's wont be using consistently teleport against good Ermac players.
back dash 1 lift sounds like the most reasonable thnks.
also if i dash back is there a chance of getting kicked in the face if i dont react in time because i didnt lower my hit box?
i mean what if i get committed to block from a feigned dive kick, can you really react with a dash?

Illmatix

just uppercut into lift man. High damage, and so fucking beautiful at sight. It's also extremely easy to land
thats what im saying!!! but i played this lao and we didnt really have compatible connection, so i was asking for high ping alternatives.

Error

DF2+R2
thats what im saying!!! but i played this lao and we didnt really have compatible connection, so i was asking for high ping alternatives.
You could try dashing away and lifting/pushing. That move can be pure BS online.

Seven

|| Seven ||
Not consistent.
I disagree with dashing back and lifting. The best thing to do is uppercut and lift as Big D said. Dashing back is very hard to do on reaction, especially when Lao is flying all over the place. I find it easier to uppercut, but sometimes the uppercut hits a little late and he isn't high enough for a lift........ so I just do a force push.

Ermac vs Lao 6-4

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I disagree with dashing back and lifting. The best thing to do is uppercut and lift as Big D said. Dashing back is very hard to do on reaction, especially when Lao is flying all over the place. I find it easier to uppercut, but sometimes the uppercut hits a little late and he isn't high enough for a lift........ so I just do a force push.

Ermac vs Lao 6-4
If you read my post, dash back and lift is just one of the options i presented. Uppercut works as well but not against a perfect teleport done by Lao. Standing 1 works wonders as well. Also, good Lao players wont be flying around all the time, cause they will get punished all the time.

As for the MU number, its not the appropriate thread to discuss it. Feel free to share your thoughts as to why you think its 6-4 Ermac in the Ermac MU chart thread. I ll be glad to read it and discuss it there with you.

Seven

|| Seven ||
If you read my post, dash back and lift is just one of the options i presented. Uppercut works as well but not against a perfect teleport done by Lao. Standing 1 works wonders as well. Also, good Lao players wont be flying around all the time, cause they will get punished all the time.

As for the MU number, its not the appropriate thread to discuss it. Feel free to share your thoughts as to why you think its 6-4 Ermac in the Ermac MU chart thread. I ll be glad to read it and discuss it there with you.
Do you play online? XBL?