What's new

Breakthrough Confirmed Details on Changes to Shazam!

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
If they buff characters and make them viable then you wont have the Kabal problem. The kabal problem was known in the first months but NRS refused to nerf him. But the game engines are different enough to where no one in this game is remotely close to Kabal.
To be fair I can claim ignorance about Kabal, I did not get into the competitive scene for MK9 or any FGs for that matter until last year and I only ever really used Mileena as well as not being as versed in the FGC ways, as well as I never ever ever used Kabal, so I had no idea he could even do the things he can now. Your correct it is possible we won't have that problem, I just fear that there will be one thing that no one catches until its too late that is all. Personally I feel most of these Kabal issues derive mostly from the FGC, I have noticed when certain things are found by certain player everyone jumps on that bandwagon and never really finds out how to counter said things. Such as what we have been seeing lately with MK9 seeing other characters beating Kabal.

jaym7018

Noob
dont know if anybody has said this, with the increased range of grabs, what if they just made shazams b2 be able to connect with a grab even if blocked, he would have to space it right so he doesnt jump over the opponent, and he has a long range normal to a mix up.
i know this isnt a suggestiion thread but i just thought about it messing with him practice mode.
This x 1000. If the increased range on his grab is gonna make blocked strings cancelled into grab and the grab actually lands , hes gonna be tough.

DarkPage

Noob
This x 1000. If the increased range on his grab is gonna make blocked strings cancelled into grab and the grab actually lands , hes gonna be tough.
yeah i mean im not a real serious shazam player i just mess with him occasionally so i would like to hear any real shazam players thoughts on that. but it sounds like it would make him much more viable.

Li1mightymouse

super-squishii
So is this a semi way of fixing the 2,2, HM when people backdash out of 2,2. If so no more back dashing out of my setup...unless of course they still poke me out of it...

a character that has command grabs and it's good up close shouldn't have an easy time getting in that Is the rules of fighting games. Imagine zangief, t hawk, having an easy time to get in in sf4 lol no way. Though I agree the zoning and lame game in this game is op and dominates the game but that's NRS fault for making the longest stages in the history of 2d fighting games and also the screen stretches to long when both players are on each corner. But that's something that will never get fixed so IMO they should just nerf the overall zoning in this game so other characters that can't run away and have to chase have an easier time getting in.

I don't think it's right to think of Shazam as a character with a command grab. His grabs are tantamount to an overhead low mixup that will lose every trade, one that isn't even really good in this game compared to characters like batgirl, nightwing, killerfrost, and green lanturn. Up close you can basically just duck and now the only damaging options he has are really slow. Basically he isn't more damaging than any of the top tiers and has far worse options. These buffs don't matter and won't affect any match ups.

Error

DF2+R2
dont know if anybody has said this, with the increased range of grabs, what if they just made shazams b2 be able to connect with a grab even if blocked, he would have to space it right so he doesnt jump over the opponent, and he has a long range normal to a mix up.
i know this isnt a suggestiion thread but i just thought about it messing with him practice mode.
The grabs whiffing on block after strings has more to do with cancel advantage/blockstun of certain strings on block. Strings with a lot of block stun usually leave the opponent in an un-grabable state.

Everyone needs to stop complaining and wait for the update til we judge if he's still a handicapped character. No one even knows what the increased range means. Some of his strings might now be able to cancel in to his grabs instead of whiffing never know. As of now we know Shazam will have an easy overhead into and easy HM input with the new Mighty Charge. And more range on Hm and more DAM on AT wtf?!?!

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Sometimes i really think ppl give opinions on character because they have played vs that character a couple of times in ranked.

I really hope they dont forget about ares and joker, cause they are gonna need it when i see those latest patchnotes.

JLG

Noob
I did, Superman is popular.

That's exactly my point. Superman is popular, so NRS makes a lot of skins for him so they can make more money. The other guy made it sound like Boon does not do that. I asked the question anyway because I am shocked, in a way, that people are still not satisfied with those skins and apparently want more.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I think 6 hits of armor in his burned Lightning Bolt would be badass. Like, "nothing" can stop the bolt from flying type of thing. I think that would be fair. He's still taking the damage from any other projectiles but, you know, they're eating 13%. Even the animation, him stomping his foot and the sloow release along with the lightning crashing down implies he's putting a lot of power behind it.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Doubt it. Longer reach doesn't mean he gets a new tick throw setup.