What's new

Breakthrough Confirmed Details on Changes to Shazam!

Niko Mar

Founding Member of the Fate Army
Just these changes alone are awesome :D. Now, it'll be A LOT easier to hit with his command grabs, especially db1 in combo. Plus, he's gonna be doing massive damage now. He had an easy 1 MB 51% combo before (w/trait), but that combo involved two of the specials that are getting damage buffs ;).

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Not really, compared to everything else in this game, cancelling a charge is not the apocalypse people are making it out to be
Let's see.... Assuming you have level 3 venom active, you do a charge, you have 3 hits of armor. Say Sinestro fires MB Fear Blast at you. You eat the first hit, cancel charge into another charge, eat the last 2 hits, end up in front of him, cancel the charge into a grab with another 3 hits of armor, or an overhead punch if you saw the guy jump...

Yeah no, cancelable charge sounds like a great plan! Let's give Bane free get in free cards with armored moves that cancel into other armored moves!

If you want to give him an cancelable charge, then you need to find a mechanic that avoids this scenario.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Let's see.... Assuming you have level 3 venom active, you do a charge, you have 3 hits of armor. Say Sinestro fires MB Fear Blast at you. You eat the first hit, cancel charge into another charge, eat the last 2 hits, end up in front of him, cancel the charge into a grab with another 3 hits of armor, or an overhead punch if you saw the guy jump...

Yeah no, cancelable charge sounds like a great plan! Let's give Bane free get in free cards with armored moves that cancel into other armored moves!

If you want to give him an cancelable charge, then you need to find a mechanic that avoids this scenario.
I forgot level 3 venom lasts the entire match and he doesn't take 899% more damage when it wears off...........hey, what a minute!

jaym7018

Noob
Guys! What if they make it that b2,3 leaves you with enough time and height on the pop up that you can b3 right after it and get a meter less combo that does around 40% GODLIKE......superman watch out!
Even without b3 you still gonna get 25+% meterless from a advancing overhead thats 12frames, thats godlike.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Why can't they give him a instant trait activation like superman so he could activate it during combo's? Wouldn't that be a decent buff that people would actually find useful? agree with pretty much everyone,these buffs are pretty shit.

These buffs are just moronic. This can't be it for Shazam...

This dude needs legit ways around zoning; be it a safe psycho crusher or a smoke away/to that has projectile invincibility on ex or something if the sort. Buffing damage a bit is not a way to make a character better. Only fools will look at this list and think that anything is going to change.

I don't even play or have plans on playing him; I'm just a big fan of Billy and would like to see him done justice.

What if his dmg output now hovers around the Cyrax level

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hm...
Well this is pretty nice, actually. Good damage buff means he will be getting more decent damage per bar, and his tick throws will be even more monsterous. Still, I would've rather seen something more tangible, like some frame gap removals.

Still this is just the intro.

Digit

KH Mahvel Baby!
WHAT I WANT TO HEAR IS:

+FIX the HOP BUG in Shazam's B2 on crouching opponents from close range
+His useless combo strings to be CANCELABLE! (12B3, 12F3, B123)
+MB ACHILLES CLUTCH POP to be able to b3 from it.
+MB LIGHTNING to be OVERHEAD like Ares!
+More SHAZAM SHOUTS for the hell of it, at least on MB~HM

I better hope that the "improved range" means that Shazam can now grab off of all the hit confirms that currently WHIFF on standing/crouching i.e.: D1~AC, 3~HM, F2&F22~HM, 11HM, 12HM, etc

ando1184

Noob
I like these changes so far and am sure there will be more for him still not mentioned. I honestly think he's about to become a beast.

jaym7018

Noob
You people crying aboit zoning are an embarrassment. You guys obviously wont settle for anything less than zangief with vanilla tiger shots and dhalsim IA teleport from the ground.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
WHAT I WANT TO HEAR IS:

+FIX the HOP BUG in Shazam's B2 on crouching opponents from close range
+His useless combo strings to be CANCELABLE! (12B3, 12F3, B123)
+MB ACHILLES CLUTCH POP to be able to b3 from it.
+MB LIGHTNING to be OVERHEAD like Ares!
+More SHAZAM SHOUTS for the hell of it, at least on MB~HM

I better hope that the "improved range" means that Shazam can now grab off of all the hit confirms that currently WHIFF on standing/crouching i.e.: D1~AC, 3~HM, F2&F22~HM, 11HM, 12HM, etc

lol, being able to have a throw mixups off all those strings might be a bit too much :p

Digit

KH Mahvel Baby!
lol, being able to have a throw mixups off all those strings might be a bit too much :p
They can prolly leave out the D1~AC lol but the rest should connect on hit confirm cuz Shazam just looks clumsy missing a grab when he is in super close range!

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
They can prolly leave out the D1~AC lol but the rest should connect on hit confirm cuz it just looks clumsy having him miss a grab when he is in super close range!

oh on HIT. I thought you meant on blockstrings, I read that wrong. In that case I wholeheatedly agree

Knowing NRS is incapable at balancing, I think the exact opposite of what all of you are saying is going to happen. Shazam will somehow become THE god among us. Especially since he didnt tell everything.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
When I saw how many replies and views this had, I expected a safe psycho crusher or something else ridiculous. These buffs (besides the pop up, that's great) seem a bit underwhelming.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I forgot level 3 venom lasts the entire match and he doesn't take 899% more damage when it wears off...........hey, what a minute!
You missed the point. Giving him a cancelable charge gives him an armored move that he can cancel into other armored moves including the command grab, anti-air grab and the overhead punch. This is something you could do at any level of venom, not to mention venom debuff is already not stopping high level banes from winning.

Basically, if you want a cancelable charge, then you need to add some sort of ending lag on the cancel or make it unable to cancel into another armored move. Just saying we can't make it cancel in the same way as Grundy's walking corpse.