What's new

General/Other - Commando Commando Variation Discussion Thread

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
I've just stumbled across something. At certain ranges, you can combo a D4 off of a jump in 3. Seeing as D4 has a cancel window, I wonder if this has any utility?
I've done this accidentally before.
I went to jump in kick, d4 then tick throw. It all connected and combo'd. It is possible. I just never looked into it :^)

Ok, I can't record, so I'll have to use words. If you start in training room, take a small step forward so Kano's foot is on the edge of the star, the tip of a D4 will catch a successful jumping 3. 10% damage, pretty useless.

However, a jumping 4 hits behind and can cross up on the way down if done two steps in, with the back of Kano's front foot touching the star. (Go too far and he'll turn around in the air. You don't want this to happen). As the dummy gets hit, you can D1-choke for 18%.

So, that's shit right? Well...

You can cross over tick. Block the kick, you're at -1 and can grab, and on hit... you can grab them out of the air too!

It's gets better though. 32 also hits, and now that we have a meter burn option there could be scope for a lot of damage. JI4-32-1+3 already does 23%.

I'll admit, you've got to be pretty spot on with the spacing, but it is a mix up. Maybe somebody can do more with this?

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Ok, I can't record, so I'll have to use words. If you start in training room, take a small step forward so Kano's foot is on the edge of the star, the tip of a D4 will catch a successful jumping 3. 10% damage, pretty useless.

However, a jumping 4 hits behind and can cross up on the way down if done two steps in, with the back of Kano's front foot touching the star. (Go too far and he'll turn around in the air. You don't want this to happen). As the dummy gets hit, you can D1-choke for 18%.

So, that's shit right? Well...

You can cross over tick. Block the kick, you're at -1 and can grab, and on hit... you can grab them out of the air too!

It's gets better though. 32 also hits, and now that we have a meter burn option there could be scope for a lot of damage. JI4-32-1+3 already does 23%.

I'll admit, you've got to be pretty spot on with the spacing, but it is a mix up. Maybe somebody can do more with this?
I'm pretty sure @Decay found stuff about comboing off a cross-up-JI4 back when he used to be actually playing the game :^)

Well if you do 32~EX Ball cancel, dash NJP, B1, B1, 112~DBF4 you get 33%
But if you do 321+3MB, B1, B1, B1, B1, 112~DBF4 you get 32%
But that ball Cancel njp combo is hard for me.

What about adding a njp after 321+3 mb. Or 321+3, 32, 112 command grab.

Is 321+3 safe on block? Any new tick throws?

So I've been messing with it. Online too its kinda cool but very punishable. You have to keep people honest mixing in only 32 or 32 choke instead of 321+2. The choke looks similar to the 1+2 so opponent might get confused which you used.

After landing the pop up. I simply do 32, 112 command grab for easy 32%. Which is great since its easy hit confirmable and more damage than a naked ex commando throw. Not as damaging as his 112 ball cancel 112 knife reset. But its guaranteed.

If the pop up is in the corner, I do b312 32 command throw.

It's a great thing to use if you cross up in the corner since the slam will put them back in the corner for a corner combo.

It's a nice string to mix in your overall commando game.

SPY

Noob
Patch is out on consoles? If yes - "Kano - Slightly increased the hit cancel advantage on Away+FP, Away+FP,BP, Towards+BP, Towards+BP,FP, Towards+FK,FK, Away+FK, Away+FK,FP, Towards+BK" please someone test tick throws with these moves.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Patch is out on consoles? If yes - "Kano - Slightly increased the hit cancel advantage on Away+FP, Away+FP,BP, Towards+BP, Towards+BP,FP, Towards+FK,FK, Away+FK, Away+FK,FP, Towards+BK" please someone test tick throws with these moves.
no new ticks

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
I cant complain about the 32 string buff. Easy hitconfirmable midscreen damage. Don't have to deal with doing that Insta NJP online anymore, especially on female hitboxes. :)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
But that ball Cancel njp combo is hard for me.

What about adding a njp after 321+3 mb. Or 321+3, 32, 112 command grab.

Is 321+3 safe on block? Any new tick throws?
Lol practice it then, it's more damage. NJP doesn't land after 321+3 or if it does it's harder than ball cancel NJP. Not safe and no new ticks.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Lol practice it then, it's more damage. NJP doesn't land after 321+3 or if it does it's harder than ball cancel NJP. Not safe and no new ticks.
NJP does connect after 321+2EX, but it is quick tight on the timing. It's much more practical to combo without it for, like, 1% less damage.

Ball cancel into njp is just not practical in my opinion. Very strict timing and I feel like it whiffs on smaller characters. I much rather prefer doing the new pop up which is barely less damage. Also, Like I said before, if I do ball cancel combo, i rather go for the standing reset into command throw for more maximized damage than both combos.

SPY

Noob
Was Kano able tick throw Power Slam after blocked d4? Since currently it wiffs(even at point blank and in corner), and Kano only able to tick d4-Rib Strike.

Last edited:
Was Kano able tick throw Power Slam after blocked d4? Since currently it wiffs(even at point blank and in corner), and Kano only able to tick d4-Rib Strike.
I'm pretty sure he was. Are you doing it at max range? Does it whiff point blank when the dummy is set to block?