What's new

Combo System of SFxT

Now I cant find a website or anything about the differences of Linking, Plinking, Chains and all that. I dont understand the timing either. So if some1 can link me a site or even have the time to explain here thatd help me out a lot.
I also play on PSN cgarcia6310

Umm, just watch VesperArcade's Tutorial on Street Fighter 4, you can apply the techniques learned from there to SFxTK. From my minimal research of SFxTK, I read it's more lineant on Links for the player, there are still 1 frame Links in the game though.

But, I heard, the game uses chains/target combos more frequent. Target Combs are Dial-A-Combos of MK9. Links are used to do higher damage combos and when tagging in a opponent. Chains/Target Combos generally do less damage.

1) linking = doing a move immediately after the recovery frames end on the previous move. So lets say specialmoveA is +3 on hit and normalbuttonA has a 2 frame startup. So if you have a window to input normalbuttonA after specialmoveA so that it connects and "links"
2) plinking = a technique to make linking easier. I personally don't use it.
3) chaining = target combo, most similar to dial-a-combo

its very important to learn linking. Chaincombos do 1) less dmg 2) generate more recoverable damage then link combos and 3) in SFxT you don't always want to tag your partner

U make is sound so simple....tekken and marvel i can combo well in....mk9 i can combo really well in. SF and SFxT.....i can't even get some of the basic set up combos. Targets i'm fine with...but in the tutorials....i just cannot get the "link" timing. Is there certain characters who r more target combo based? lol