What's new

Video/Tutorial - Ninjitsu Choice of costume apparently alters hurtbox properties?

Is the clone functioning properly?

• Total voters

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
As you can see if I try to punish B33xxClone with Ninjutsu's F2 with the tournament costume, it doesn't work, but if I pick the klassic costume, it does legit punish?

In case anyone's wondering "why not just pick the klassic costume for the matchup", there's plenty of variable costumes between both characters where this affects the punish. I just can't be bothered to show footage of every single "costume matchup" so to speak.

For example, if I pick klassic for both, the punish didn't work when I tested.

So yeah....

@colt

Last edited:
There's a similar thing with Ermac: his Pharoah outfit makes some combos easier to perform, if I recall correctly.

In MK9, Cyber Sub-Zero's atrophied hurtbox was made normal by choosing his MK3 costume. I presume that it is because the MK3 cyborg costume was made with Cyrax and/or Sektor's hurtbox properties. I'm purty sure Sub-Zero was the first to get a UMK3 Ninja outfit in MKX. Based on that, I assume that whoever wears the Klassic UMK3 Ninja outfit, takes on the hurtbox properties of Sub-Zero / the hurtbox of Subzy's UMK3 outfit.

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
As many said, this was also an issue in MK9.
This should not be an issue in MKX, but seeing how NRS handle other known issues spanning several games, I'm not surprised.

Matix218

Get over here!
Mk9 had similar issues when some of the classic ninja costumes were released. And I think there was an issue with different hitbox properties on flesh pits mileena initially as well IIRC

Honestly, if I was a game developer, I'd make this a gimmick. A fighting game where different clothes effect the fighters stats. Kind of like how Soul Calibur 2 had different weapons effect your stats.

Xzyj

Noob
Sooooooooooo the main question would be...
Which costume should i pick to make 21/12-spear after 214 tele more consistant (especially in the corner) ?

:DOGE