What's new

characters run speed in Frame Data (on hold)

skater11

The saltiest
trust me it was deceiving to the eye.
I have a feeling some runs just look fast because some characters take more steps than others for example Jacqui steps per "x" amount of frames can be the highest but that doesn't mean fastest run. Kinda like comparing a short legged person vs a long legged person if that makes sense lol.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
The top 10 fastest run speeds is almost identical to top ten tier wise , just goes to show a character can't be good without good mobility.

E

Eldriken

Damn. Here I was thinking Jacqui had an amazing run. :confused: Oh well, her forward walk and backward walk are still top tier. =O

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
yep he is a beast, he didn't look like it, and predator has the weirdest run ever, something akin to jack sparrow

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Frame Data for all characters Run speed by ranking order: all rounded

all frame data was done to the best of my ability as accurately as possible given the tools at hand!
1. Erron Black- 27
2.D'vorah- 28.5
3.Predator- 28.9
4.Raiden- 29.4
5.Shinnok- 31
6.Sonya- 32
7.cassie- 33
8.Tanya- 33.1
9.Kung lao- 33.4
10.Kung Jin- 33.5
11.Mileena- 34
12.Jax- 34.5
13.Liu Kang- 36.2
14.Sub Zero- 40.1
15.Reptile- 40.3
16.Quan Chi- 41
17.Kotal Kahn- 45
18.Jacqui- 46
19.Johnny- 46.2
20.Scorpion- 46.4
21.Kenshi- 46.5
22.Kano- 46.8
23.Kitana- 48
24.Ferra/Torr- 51
25.Ermac- 52
26.Takeda- 55
27.Jason- 63.02
28.Goro- 63.04
What exactly do those numbers mean?

Number of frames? Speed? If it's speed then the lower the number the worse the run. I don't get it. Or is this just a forward dash?

Also runs can be canceled off forward dashes at different instances so that initial dash should be taken into account...

So many questions, I'll just wait for you to answer what exactly those numbers are.

MadeOfMetal

Also B3s aren't universal and are very different moves across the cast, so comparing them is pretty much meaningless.

Pokes, d2s and B4s are universal so keep those.
i looked at every move and tested every variation. to make sure there was no difference in moveset... i will run across that in B/F 2's im sure

What exactly do those numbers mean?

Number of frames? Speed? If it's speed then the lower the number the worse the run. I don't get it. Or is this just a forward dash?

Also runs can be canceled off forward dashes at different instances so that initial dash should be taken into account...

So many questions, I'll just wait for you to answer what exactly those numbers are.
as for the run... the lower the number the better... i explaiend it above it... but ill try to explain it better... i originally did it in 1/1000's of a second from my set destination on screen, point a to b...

how long it took for them to get from that point to the other... this was after the original startup, wether it be delayed/Accelerated/or none at all the same as mid run!

i then tested the startup's after and calculated them in by comparing the startup to a small portion of the mid run where it is consistent.

what you see is a simplified version of what i did, 1/100's rounded to make it simple without... 27,245 and random numbers across the screen... made em smaller for simplicity.

MadeOfMetal

if im not mistaken Quan chi used to have a back 3 or F3 in his movelist but it has been removed... i did not find any differences in the frame data between variation..

i might note that Predator has a move that is absolutely marked wrong in the game..
his B3D2 is not ( 0 ) on block, it is in fact ( -10 ) on block
and hit advantage is not 0 either it is +30

Braindead

i looked at every move and tested every variation. to make sure there was no difference in moveset... i will run across that in B/F 2's im sure
Don't do that. It's meaningless.

Comparing Sub-Zero's B2 to Shinnok's B2 doesn't have any meaning, because B2 isn't a universal move.

Just stick to comparing universals: Pokes, uppercuts, and sweeps.

as for the run... the lower the number the better... i explaiend it above it... but ill try to explain it better... i originally did it in 1/1000's of a second from my set destination on screen, point a to b...

how long it took for them to get from that point to the other... this was after the original startup, wether it be delayed/Accelerated/or none at all the same as mid run!

i then tested the startup's after and calculated them in by comparing the startup to a small portion of the mid run where it is consistent.

what you see is a simplified version of what i did, 1/100's rounded to make it simple without... 27,245 and random numbers across the screen... made em smaller for simplicity.
Alright so it's the speed after the initial dash, that's good.

MadeOfMetal

Also B3s aren't universal and are very different moves across the cast, so comparing them is pretty much meaningless.

Pokes, d2s and B4s are universal so keep those.
i didnt think its meaning less, i can sort them by variation, don't you think so?

Braindead

i didnt think its meaning less, i can sort them by variation, don't you think so?
Nah man it just doesn't make sense.

For example Sub-Zero's B2 is an overhead launcher, while Shinnok's b2 is just a knockdown move that is never used. Comparing them is meaningless.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Why am I even looking at the run stuff. It's so depressing... :(

Hurry and post the D1 so I feel good again!