What's new

Breakthrough Character specific stance changes effect environmental bounces! Ridiculous!

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Sorry for the "breakthrough" tag. I don't know what to classify this BS as.

Certain strings into Environmental Bounce will whiff on certain characters. That's not that crazy. But I've found that it's totally unrelated to whether or not they have a small hitbox. And the properties change depending on whether you or your opponent is facing the screen with their stance. HUGE variation across the cast.

This is definitely can't be specific to Catwoman.

Discovery video:

Cast breakdown video:

STORMS
GamerBlake90
Ninj
Krayzie
RunwayMafia
GGA 16 Bit

Maybe NRS assumed people would play Catwoman with her ass facing towards the screen all the time anyway?

Or...NRS fucked up and they should fix this immediately in the next Patch. Because this is just too wonky.

There's already stance specific combos AND different properties with the corners.

Good find as always, Mayo. Keep breaking down Injustice.

You're one of the few people that is actually playing/digging through the game and not just complaining about it right now.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Ugh...So annoying. I remember in MK9 Sheeva couldn't grab some of the cast due to their stance...it's like unintentional bad programming.

Also happens with GreenArrow. I just learnt to accept it and make sure his body was always facing towards the screen if I'm aiming to use stage bounce environments. It would be nice if this was fixed.

Blakexton

Shinnuk
I was literally about to post this, found this out 2 days ago when searching for a high combo using interactables.
Gutted you beat me to it.

The system mechanics don't allow you to do combos? Man, that's really bad.
Also Mayo, you didn't tag Maxter, who seems to be a Catwoman main as well :-(

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
also, dis some fucked up shit right here. wonder if this is something that will be fixed, cause it doesn't seem intentional in a game where they want you to use the stages.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Also, this probably should have gone in general gameplay discussion. It effects far more than just Selina.

I also found that pressing F+1,1,2 with Catwoman when near any interactable will trigger the interactable than the combos sometimes. I don't understand why it does that because my interactable input is L1

redeyes

Button Masher
I also found that pressing F+1,1,2 with Catwoman when near any interactable will trigger the interactable than the combos sometimes. I don't understand why it does that because my interactable input is L1
1+2 = intractable you're pressing buttons too fast

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I don't know how I feel about this. Were they going to do something with stance changes originally or is this sloppy programming as someone said above? Also, good find Mayo.