What's new

Character Days (Good Idea)

Shady

Noob
There meant to be a question there after "Good IDea"

I currently main 3 characters (I can say I'm more than competent with these three in a competitive environment), but I have this idea which I kind of want to try which is basically character days. I'm online for 3 hours a day or something like that and I basically had this idea that each day I just pick a new character and play as no one but that character. Not just to learn that character but to understand various strategies with that character so when I fight against them I can read my opponents better. Just trying to gauge on how many people think it's a good idea and if they think it might help my understanding of the game, the match ups, and overall skill.

redeyes

Button Masher
pick mileena so you can beat me :p im trolling but this seems like a good idea. im going to give it a shot with kung lao, i feel like if i understand how he plays i can finally beat him. >.>

on a side note did i see on a different post you said your thinking of going to summer jam?

Shady

Noob
I think my Kabal can toss it up with your Mileena, he is my first after all :). We need to do that, I don't think I played him against you yet. Yeah, I don't think I can. I'm still trying to, but unfortunately I am moving on the week after Summer Jam (31st to be exact) and it seems like a little too much to go there then come back and have to pack within a day and so on and so forth. I still might, but it's going to be a last minute decision.

P.S. I know how to play as Mileena, I just hate mirrors and yeah, I haven't played as her long enough to understand her completely :( (the science of the D4 eludes me).

redeyes

Button Masher
aww i plan on going to my summer jam as my first offfline event. i know im going to get owned. but its for the experience and to meet good mk players.

and yes i would LOVEEEEE to play your Kabal. they give me massive problems. Also you play mileena as well? care to give me some tips? i feel like my aggressiveness is going to be my downfall...

Shady

Noob
aww i plan on going to my summer jam as my first offfline event. i know im going to get owned. but its for the experience and to meet good mk players.

and yes i would LOVEEEEE to play your Kabal. they give me massive problems. Also you play mileena as well? care to give me some tips? i feel like my aggressiveness is going to be my downfall...
Instant air sai is the only thing I can think of. It's her zoning tool that's on par with Kabal's iAGB which is why I like both character. Standing recovery on both is soo ass when compared to the air variations. There is not much I can give you on Mileena since she's your main and I've just been picking her up a few weeks back (mostly for Shang Tsung purposes, but I do want to familiarize myself with the whole cast).

I started this a while ago in alphabetical order...Got to CSZ and found my second main. :)

But I basically started playing a few characters for about 2-3 days each.
Learned things like strings, mixups, properties of the specials, what is used best in what situation, etcetera etcetera.
I recorded all of it on my computers hard-drive. But I only got 2 characters done. Need to get back to it though.
I think everyone should do this, and have info on every character to the point that
they could go in a match and click invisible curser then random select and have complete confidence.

Good luck Shady and everyone else starting this project.
~Hound

Shady

Noob
I think I'm going to be doing it just from top to bottom, so Scorpion, 3 Button, Scrub Lao, Subby, etc... But I dread the day that I come to KL and Raiden because people will hate no matter what :(. But yeah... Looking forward to doing that.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I can see that you main probably Kabal and Shang. Who else? Will you play as them also? DLC?

Freddy should be fun.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
MKU was doing this thing for awhile called "Character Focus" or something like that. That would be an awesome thing to do. Not just for characters, but do strategies and stuff.

Shady

Noob
I can see that you main probably Kabal and Shang. Who else? Will you play as them also? DLC?

Freddy should be fun.
Everyone's favorite busty major Lt. Sonya Blade. But yeah, I'll go through them too just because, hey, won't hurt.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
P.S. I know how to play as Mileena, I just hate mirrors and yeah, I haven't played as her long enough to understand her completely :( (the science of the D4 eludes me).
I honestly think our Mileena mirror was one of the worst matches ever in the history of the universe. I felt embarrassed and legitimately bad for the people watching it lololol.

Shady

Noob
I think it's going to need to be more than a day, I'm thinking about a 5 hour bench mark at least. So far, 1 hour in with Scorpion and getting a little bored of playing the same character but getting very comfortable with his 50/50s and resets. And oh man does his air throw give you an advantage.