What's new

Ceo Pre Registration Numbers are on Life Support for MK and Evo #s look terrible

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Just because you think injustice is better(debatable) is no reason to drop mk.
Is it just me, or is it really hard to transition from one game style to another?
For instance.. I recently have been playing MK9 and been playing Injustice for a bit.
And going. From holding back to holding a block button(vice versa) fucks with me in both games..
Same as when I go from MvC 2 into uMvC 3. Especially with an arcade stick.

I wouldn't want to pay money to take a trip out somewhere knowing damn well there's Kabals / Kung Laos / Cyraxs running about. Its a waste of money and for some a price too steep. Even if it is to support a game.

AK-Israel

I'm Back
If you don't play top tier chars in MK,just use that money for the bus ride home instead lol,but in all seriousness play for the experience not the money....but that's just me

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I wouldn't want to pay money to take a trip out somewhere knowing damn well there's Kabals / Kung Laos / Cyraxs running about. Its a waste of money and for some a price too steep. Even if it is to support a game.
It seems like the biggest gripe here is balance between the top 3 and the rest of the cast

If only a final balance patch was made properly

MK9 PC

Is it just me, or is it really hard to transition from one game style to another?
For instance.. I recently have been playing MK9 and been playing Injustice for a bit.
And going. From holding back to holding a block button(vice versa) fucks with me in both games..
Same as when I go from MvC 2 into uMvC 3. Especially with an arcade stick.
I still play more mk than injustice so I do sometimes forget to hold back. So it fucks with me in injustice, but I think it just takes more getting used to.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Seriously? The US is so spoilt for choice it's looking likely people can't even be bothered to play it at EVOLUTION?!?!

God damn it guys, don't make those of us that can't go feel even worse lmao, please sit down and think of how lucky you are you've always had so many organizers giving you tournaments to actually go to.

n1ch

Noob
Ketchup is right, there is no events in EU to play, so you guys lucky, and i dont understand why you dont want to participate in them.

mvc2 was still broken, dnt even try to lie about that. every time I hear ppl mention that game I hear "everyone used sentinel, magneto, and storm". That doesn't sound in depth to me at all. I even watched some videos to make sure, and it was true.
M2Dave is talking about the system mechanics of the game rather than the character balance

low level guys/ mid lvl guys still have a chance if they are willing to work at improving. I'm sure there are players on TYM that are willing to help someone out in mk9, I know I am. Also it is quite funny that ppl hate cyrax touch of death combos so much, yet when I watch marvel and see someone kill "3" characters with x factor to make a full comeback, I just smh.
No. Cyrax is the ONLY character that can ToD in MK (which makes his design stupid) vs UMVC3 where everyone can ToD in xfacter

AssassiN

Noob
I was hoping to see Skarlet take it and shut a few people up who underestimate her. But at this point I doubt there will be a Skarlet there and even if a Skarlet wins, nobody would care...

Every fighting game doesn't have top tiers that don't lose any matchups...
don't matter, top tiers are top tiers haha. When you look at mvc3 dark phoenix, ssf4 ae yun, mk9 kabal, and etc., they all pretty much dominated the game and had better tools than all the characters around them. Then they'd have characters who were behind them who were very dangerous as well (mvc3 weskter, ssf4 ae fei long, mk9 cyrax).

M2Dave is talking about the system mechanics of the game rather than the character balance
I know that, doesn't change what the game was tho. I'm not going to be oblivious to the fact that all fighting games have issues, but that doesn't mean the game is "bad", because nothing can be "perfect" of course.

I'll admit that I didn't start getting into fighting games until MK9, and I didn't get serious with it at all, never entered a tournament, but went to a few with Chaosphere to show support, but after playing some MK9 and (now) a lot of Injustice, I can definitely see why people would drop MK9. Why play an obsolete game with game breaking bugs, especially on a system that can't run it properly (lets be real, the PS3 fucking blows for both MK9 and Injustice) when you can play a superior game with less bugs made by the same company on a system that can't run it properly? I don't think anyone in the industry sees this as a reason to not support MK10, if anything I'm sure they enjoy the company support. I would think as a tournament player you'd want to focus on being better in a game that has more players than focusing your time on a dying game, especially if you literally can't do anything about broken characters that aren't going to get patched.

That's just me though.
Also I didn't read the thread... because I'm lazy.

No. Cyrax is the ONLY character that can ToD in MK (which makes his design stupid) vs UMVC3 where everyone can ToD in xfacter
I already know I know rax better than you (play a high lvl rax (DJT) at home, and I get exposed to all the bs he has). The only rax I have lost to in tournament, my brother lol. Yep he has ToD combos and etc., but he hasn't won the most majors, and isn't even the best character. Also to point out something, if he didn't have resets, he'd still have 50 percent one bar combos, so two combos and it is good games haha.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Well a lot of us from AZ are registering for MK9 at EVO! I don't expect to do well because all my spare gaming time goes into injustice but I think I'll do alright. The fact that MK9 is on Friday and Injustice is Saturday means you can definitely expect to see me show up for my matches.

Predicting one of the Terry bros to win this year. I don't think anyone will be able to bring them a challenge aside from REO's dated Kabal. Things should be interesting.

Well a lot of us from AZ are registering for MK9 at EVO! I don't expect to do well because all my spare gaming time goes into injustice but I think I'll do alright. The fact that MK9 is on Friday and Injustice is Saturday means you can definitely expect to see me show up for my matches.

Predicting one of the Terry bros to win this year. I don't think anyone will be able to bring them a challenge aside from REO's dated Kabal. Things should be interesting.
Thanks :), I say the players who will have the best chance of winning (GGA bit/dizzy, REO, me/my bro (dab too if he is going), PL, pig, and scar/cat/showtime (if they go). I'm sure I missed some, but i'm expecting a fairly competitive tournament, may the best man win.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I'm just going to say that whenever I enter a tournament for mk9, I never feel like its a waste of money regardless of my performance. Why? Its this thing called "being fun to play", a novel concept that seems to have been replaced with "oh em gee, the KKK is in this tournament and I don't use them, better not enter lol GG". People focus too much on winning, and less on the experience. Like Big D said, if you can make it to the tournament in the first place, but somehow don't have an extra $10, you probably shouldn't be there in the first place. UFGT9 was the best I've ever played the game, and I'm hoping EVO is similar.

In fact, if any of you can't seem to find that $10 in your wallets, come to me. I'll hook you up. After EVO I'm just gonna go back to sponsoring players again anyway.