What's new

Ceo Pre Registration Numbers are on Life Support for MK and Evo #s look terrible

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I thought about writing this huge thing but why should I?

I wanna know the following

Why did ect have 180 for inj for 20 for mk?

Ufgt 180 and 63 for mk

CEO 105 pre preregistered for inj so far and 20 for mk being the lowest registered for game?

This is disgusting. Im calling out all of you who signed up for INJ at ect, ufgt, ceo and ditn support the game that brought us all together. The game that was selected to be a main game at EVO but literally I wouldnt blame them now if they dropped it. Who cares if they drop it? Obviously not many people. CEO mk9 tourney is going to be almost a top player exhibition training session and not even a real tourney.

I wanna know why the faces of our game without naming names have completely stopped supporting it. Who cares if you get bodied? Support the game that brought us all together and try to keep it going?

WHY DOES CHRIS G SUPPORT MORTAL KOMBAT MORE THAN THE MORTAL KOMBAT COMMUNITY?!?!?!?!

Is this what you guys want? The game to die out like this?

2011 evo we had about 550
2012 evo we had about 300
2013 im expecting 60-80 and thats pathetic

Why is it the Mortal Kombat community is too lazy to support two games when capcom can, hell mostof them support our games at first and continue to support others.

I will call out names but id rather people just come out and say why they dont support MK anymore. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Tom Brady
general m2dave
GGA 16 Bit
GGA Dizzy
DJTMIT
MITDJT
@egp tyrant
Krayzie

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I didn't see anyone aside from McPeanuts and Brady from the MKC who registered and didn't sign up for MK. With that being said, whole heartedly agree that recent numbers are sad.

Pig Of The Hut

This is so freaking sad. Do you guys even realize how lucky you are?
Try entering a MK tournament in Europe, good luck finding one...

Even if you don't play MK actively anymore, the least you can do is enter the tournament and play.
They don't realize it

They're too worried about what the community will think if they lose

MKC is lazy

Pig Of The Hut

I didn't see anyone aside from McPeanuts and Brady from the MKC who registered and didn't sign up for MK. With that being said, whole heartedly agree that recent numbers are sad.
I wanna look into it but I find it odd the NE , a place w 120 man MK majors all mainly w people from that area mustered 20 people

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Aye, definitely an issue in the NE. Last EGP MK saw a nice little boost thanks to IGAU. AZ and LV both drove out to play IGAU, and in turn supported MK. What would have been a 20+ turnout was over 40. IGAU needs to carry MK9 in to MK10, not bury it in to the ground. :(

Pig Of The Hut

Aye, definitely an issue in the NE. Last EGP MK saw a nice little boost thanks to IGAU. AZ and LV both drove out to play IGAU, and in turn supported MK. What would have been a 20+ turnout was over 40. IGAU needs to carry MK9 in to MK10, not bury it in to the ground. :(
Problem is the Fall Classic has already dropped it and that's a sign of things to come unless a drastic change

Observe

Noob
well if u have a ferrari to drive for the same cost as prius, which one would u choose?XD ppl are choosing inj cos actually they support nrs games vs capcom most of the time...and mk is just not fun anymore with block button and stuff. example: One of my friends hated inj at first so after a week of playing inj he qqd enough and we put mortal back into the machine he was the first one saying to switch back to inj...somehow mk feels like an oudated thing after inj atleast for us...but i respect the ppl playing mk and hope they have fun, and can keep the community alive.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Great post. This is embarrassing. I also want answers. Why are we letting our game die? At this rate it won't even be a side game much longer. It's shameful that Chris G continues to support MK but so called MKC top guys don't.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This is so freaking sad. Do you guys even realize how lucky you are?
Try entering a MK tournament in Europe, good luck finding one...

Even if you don't play MK actively anymore, the least you can do is enter the tournament and play.
They really don't know how lucky they are, i just wish they could bring over Angolans to play... so sad:(

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I did not enter MK at UFGT for the following reasons.

1) I have not played the game competitively since Evolution 2012. Master D. does not want to play. I have no one to practice with. Besides, I accomplished most things that I wanted to accomplish with Freddy.

2) The game's glitches (i.e., input bug, meter drain, negative edge, etc.) are frustrating to deal with, especially when you use a high hitbox character.

3) Speaking of glitches, Injustice has none. Objectively speaking, Injustice plays better than MK. It feels good knowing that when I press a certain combination, my move will always be executed. It feels good doing reversal attacks that actually come out without losing meter. It feels good being able to turn off negative edge.

4) I have been concentrating on Injustice. I was frustrated with Deathstroke's "normalizations" prior to UFGT. I was concerned that I would not get out of pools because the foolish tournament organizer decided to use the patched version of the game two days prior to the tournament. I was practicing and using other characters such as Hawkgirl and Sinestro to prepare. MK was the furthest thing from my mind.

5) Smoke.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
I have not played MK since Final Round, yet I showed up at Battle N Brew to play. My gameplay was VERY off, yet I still showed up to support our game. If I can do that at a tournament that does not even have Injustice on the same day/weekend, then guys going to an Injustice tournament that just happens to have MK as a game they are having a tournament for also, WHY not sign up? Who cares if you haven't played the game in forever, no one is judging you on how the results come out on an MK tournament, no matter how well you did in the past. It sucks that people who use to complain about the number of people signing up for MK tournaments is now just ditching them all together, like just because we have a new game, we throw away the game that we are all here for in the first place? If ANY Injustice tournament I attend has MK as a tournament also, best believe I will be signing up for MK and taking it just as seriously.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Calm down a little. There aren't that many total pre-regs for CEO right now from the looks of it. FGC registers hella late or signs up at the door.

No one traveled to ECT and even a lot of normal northeast guys couldn't make it for various reasons. And being so shortly after IGAU release it's no surprise that most players are devoting 90-100% of their time to Injustice and wont enter MK when out of practice.

MK was announced before Injustice at Evo. Anyone in this community who registered before the Injustice announcement probably registered for MK, plus there's sure to be a lot of randoms for every game at Evo. I'd be surprised if we have less than 100 entrants there.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
I haven't touched MK9 in almost 5 months. But I'll register at CEO just to help the numbers it is a great game. I just don't have the time to practice two games with college and a full time job atm.

unVINCEable

As you think, so shall you become. -Bruce Lee-
I don't understand, the only reason I'm going to EVO is b/c of MK, i pre-registered as soon as I had the money to enter. When Inj was announced I was like awesome another game I can play. So it makes no sense to me why people weren't already registered for MK to begin with. This is sad, this is going to be my first EVO and the one game I came to play might get removed from the tourney. :(

Kibaris

Noob
  • The way I see it is that MK had too many anomalies(glitches, imbalances, etc) which NRS was reluctant to correct even though the evidence was clear; so people were waiting for a new game to take irs place(most of us would be a lot happier if that game was either MK10 or UMK9 rather than Injustice). So, I don't think it is completely a fault of the community but mostly a fault of the developers. When tournaments and high level play are involved those things(the anomalies) really matter over the fun-2-play factor.
  • Also the company that developed the game must always take feedback from the community and constantly improve the game in order to make it more balanced and almost bug-free. Only then the game can hold its position like it happens with Street Fighter 4(it is on its 4th Evo and countless other tournaments with big number of participants happen all over the world as we speak). This is an outcome of Capcom's constant effort to improve and promote its games and most of all its crown jewel which is no other than SF4. Those are the basic principles of marketing and no product is excluded from them. Every product has its life circle and it is up to the company to try and revive the product when its life begin decline(with expansions, major patches etc).
  • To sum up NRS has showed us that it builds its games based on flash and not fire; so the real question is: why the community has to support a game that has already been dropped by its own developers?

AssassiN

Noob
I feel like people are unnecessarily harsh on the developers. They had their hands full with Injustice and they listened to the feedback of the community for Injustice, I mean just look at the features that were implemented and the bugs that were removed.

You can't forget that certain issues that people had with the game could not be fixed with a patch, they would have to re-release the game as UMK9 or something like that. The only thing that they could do is do some balancing but Pako said that there are so many different versions of MK9 out there it would be hard and take a lot of time.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I thought about writing this huge thing but why should I?

I wanna know the following

Why did ect have 180 for inj for 20 for mk?

Ufgt 180 and 63 for mk

CEO 105 pre preregistered for inj so far and 20 for mk being the lowest registered for game?

This is disgusting. Im calling out all of you who signed up for INJ at ect, ufgt, ceo and ditn support the game that brought us all together. The game that was selected to be a main game at EVO but literally I wouldnt blame them now if they dropped it. Who cares if they drop it? Obviously not many people. CEO mk9 tourney is going to be almost a top player exhibition training session and not even a real tourney.

I wanna know why the faces of our game without naming names have completely stopped supporting it. Who cares if you get bodied? Support the game that brought us all together and try to keep it going?

WHY DOES CHRIS G SUPPORT MORTAL KOMBAT MORE THAN THE MORTAL KOMBAT COMMUNITY?!?!?!?!

Is this what you guys want? The game to die out like this?

2011 evo we had about 550
2012 evo we had about 300
2013 im expecting 60-80 and thats pathetic

Why is it the Mortal Kombat community is too lazy to support two games when capcom can, hell mostof them support our games at first and continue to support others.

I will call out names but id rather people just come out and say why they dont support MK anymore. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Tom Brady
general m2dave
GGA 16 Bit
GGA Dizzy
DJTMIT
MITDJT
@egp tyrant
Krayzie
I love MK more than any other game and I think it is still the better fighting game between it and Injustice. However, all my free time now goes towards developing a game I've been working on for a while, on and off. After last year's EVO I put my focus entirely on it. So, at this time, I don't play any fighting games competitively. Rest assured, if I was going to EVO or any other event, I would be supporting MK over any other game.

It is sad to see all this happening.
How could you fervently support a game for 2 years only to drop it in a second as soon as a new game comes out?
If you were so desperate to move on then why did you stick around for so long?

I'll still be entering for MK at Summerjam and all other Philly majors as long as it's there. Everyone else just needs to help it stay there when they can.