What's new

CEO Event Cancelled - Explanation

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Apparently, CEO was cancelled thanks to a select few bringing alcohol into the event but more about the underage drinking

Below some copy and pasted tweets regarding event
William Nguyen@TheWiLLofFL
I have many reasons why I don't do drugs and alcohol in my life. Sucks that #CEONovember shutdown early by the cops. #FGC

Expand
12h Darius Patterson@adapt09
#CEONovember, you guys disgust me. GA and AL went down to compete and they're treated to this? Talk about hospitality. #scumbags

Expand
12h Ian Guthrie@Fatslammer
No Bueno what a bunch of hooligans did at #ceonovember GA was there to take it

Expand
12h node@ubetuff
I peaced out right before this went down after downing Heinekens in the venue. #CEONovember

Expand
12h Nathan Roach@LO_Pinion
Police at the #CEONovember venue as it's emptied. pic.twitter.com/lHMErY9F

View photo
12h Nathan Roach@LO_Pinion
Front of the venue at #CEONovember as everyone is forced to leave. pic.twitter.com/abrkckCo

View photo
12h Jared Russo@jaredrusso
#ceonovember shut down by police. It was a 10-0 matchup, we never had a chance

Expand
12h Yohosie@dawnyohosie
#ceonovember in all seriousness whoever was doing this really has no respect for the time and money @CEOJebailey puts into this tourney

Expand
12h Yohosie@dawnyohosie
#ceonovember our tournaments are so crazy we get them shut down by the COPS

Expand
13h William Nguyen@TheWiLLofFL
I was the only one that showed up for #SCV and no #GGXXAC+ side tournament. It sucks but it is what it is. #FGC #CEONovember @CEOJebailey

MeZMeRiZe
Noobe
Big D
Ashenar
Any of you guys attend this? Any reactions or stories?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I wonder how the police were notified. Unless the fools were drinking out in the open, which that is a possibility. The main reason this is a bad thing is because of the time and money people have invested for the event. Sucks for those guys.

Pig Of The Hut

I wonder how the police were notified. Unless the fools were drinking out in the open, which that is a possibility. The main reason this is a bad thing is because of the time and money people have invested for the event. Sucks for those guys.
A lot of atlanta players are pissed after driving there for this

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
A lot of atlanta players are pissed after driving there for this
I bet man, this is not good. Honestly I hope something good can come out of this, this could very well have a really negative domino effect.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Wow, morons always find a way to ruin stuff for people.

All those people that traveled to the event are now fucked out of w/e they gave up to go (work/other events/etc), their time, and their money. Good luck getting any first timers that were going to go to new tournaments after that. I feel sorry for everyone that had something invested into this.

Dramatica

Forecast calls for missiles
Damn that's really rough. When it comes to playin MK I prefer to smoke and drink the lights out... but you absolutely CANNOT put the tourney or your fellow gamers at risk. C'MON, MAN!!

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
I'll be honest I am not 100% sure what ended up closing CEO down. I was there along with Big D, Mezmerize and a few others. From what I was hearing and don't take this as a 100% information some non fgc people showed up to the party and apparently one girl got completely white girl wasted and the hotel called police and they shut down the event. It was almost over as well the Marvel people did not get to finish there tournament. I felt super bad for jebailey he was very upset and rightfully so his event's in florida are a staple with in our community and he even helped us out by putting our top 3 on stream when for the most part as you can hear in the commentary that myself and gweedo where doing was interrupted half the time by a drunk patron in the venue. Luckly the MK crowd finished up on time and the event it's self was great! I posted up on the florida mk page the 100$ money match that happened between our very own Noobe and a local player trying to make a name for himself by running his trap needless to say noobe took it hard to him. Also just for you pig you can notch one up for Kenshi vs a Kung Lao and Cyrax main because the blind man took those two characters out! lol in all seriousness people should always follow the rules at the venue not only for the community but also for the T/O the time it took Jebailey to get this venue locked up which was a great venue for our bi monthly's could be lost due to some seriously childish people with no responsibility. Major thanks to those that showed up and represented our MK community.

Pig Of The Hut

I'll be honest I am not 100% sure what ended up closing CEO down. I was there along with Big D, Mezmerize and a few others. From what I was hearing and don't take this as a 100% information some non fgc people showed up to the party and apparently one girl got completely white girl wasted and the hotel called police and they shut down the event. It was almost over as well the Marvel people did not get to finish there tournament. I felt super bad for jebailey he was very upset and rightfully so his event's in florida are a staple with in our community and he even helped us out by putting our top 3 on stream when for the most part as you can hear in the commentary that myself and gweedo where doing was interrupted half the time by a drunk patron in the venue. Luckly the MK crowd finished up on time and the event it's self was great! I posted up on the florida mk page the 100$ money match that happened between our very own Noobe and a local player trying to make a name for himself by running his trap needless to say noobe took it hard to him. Also just for you pig you can notch one up for Kenshi vs a Kung Lao and Cyrax main because the blind man took those two characters out! lol in all seriousness people should always follow the rules at the venue not only for the community but also for the T/O the time it took Jebailey to get this venue locked up which was a great venue for our bi monthly's could be lost due to some seriously childish people with no responsibility. Major thanks to those that showed up and represented our MK community.
You beat noobe and mez with kenshi?

Ill hold congrats for confirmation

Ashenar

lol I took out Mez he played both his cyrax and kung lao =) lol there was salt it was a great victory for all kenshi's alike.

Ashenar

also btw I can confirm gross is 10 dollars richer and knocked me out with his smoke every match was very close and I had him nervous in a few of the matches. By far the absolute best smoke I've personally played to date .

Pig Of The Hut

also btw I can confirm gross is 10 dollars richer and knocked me out with his smoke every match was very close and I had him nervous in a few of the matches. By far the absolute best smoke I've personally played to date .
HUGE congrats to you man!!! Thats awesome to hear, sounds like you hella leveled up which is tight

Also did gross win ? Go all smoke? Who is he living with there?

Ashenar

Gross is here living with family and I believe here to stay. he will be going to NEC he's been training weekly with Noobe and Kitana Prime and he won the tournament with Sektor and Smoke by far the absolute best smoke and sektor play I've witnessed first hand it's not a knock on other players like Smokex or Wafflez but this man in our matches hit 9 out of 10 resets in a row and also had some of the absolute most wicked uppercut combos in the corner I've ever seen into resets. Seriously I hope people sleep on him and get blown up like I did lol. As far as leveling up for a few months prior to MLG dallas I was going pretty hard with J360 online and he could tell you himself he saw the progress the car accident I was in really stopped me from going to dallas about a month before it. My reactions and body where really completely off so I took the time to get a few things in order personally. I wasn't going to go to this ceo I haven't played the game in almost a month and a half so I walked in not expecting much and in turn I think I put up the best results i've ever had at any tournament i've ever been to lol. Big D caught me off guard he was my first match....talk about walking into a messed up situation yeah he used ermac but I completely forgot how to fight that character but I was thrown into the fire won a match then faced mezmerize and had the closest set but pulled it out then gross and me went at it. Much respect and props to Florida for coming out and showing that the mk community isn't dead and not going any where anytime soon. Also people kinda walked by and some might not have liked the game but I will say this a few others that did where saying this game is very underrated and I agree!

Pig Of The Hut

Gross is here living with family and I believe here to stay. he will be going to NEC he's been training weekly with Noobe and Kitana Prime and he won the tournament with Sektor and Smoke by far the absolute best smoke and sektor play I've witnessed first hand it's not a knock on other players like Smokex or Wafflez but this man in our matches hit 9 out of 10 resets in a row and also had some of the absolute most wicked uppercut combos in the corner I've ever seen into resets. Seriously I hope people sleep on him and get blown up like I did lol. As far as leveling up for a few months prior to MLG dallas I was going pretty hard with J360 online and he could tell you himself he saw the progress the car accident I was in really stopped me from going to dallas about a month before it. My reactions and body where really completely off so I took the time to get a few things in order personally. I wasn't going to go to this ceo I haven't played the game in almost a month and a half so I walked in not expecting much and in turn I think I put up the best results i've ever had at any tournament i've ever been to lol. Big D caught me off guard he was my first match....talk about walking into a messed up situation yeah he used ermac but I completely forgot how to fight that character but I was thrown into the fire won a match then faced mezmerize and had the closest set but pulled it out then gross and me went at it. Much respect and props to Florida for coming out and showing that the mk community isn't dead and not going any where anytime soon. Also people kinda walked by and some might not have liked the game but I will say this a few others that did where saying this game is very underrated and I agree!
Gross is seriously good

Glad to hear you're better

Ashenar

Yes gross is legit whoever doesn't think so you can find him at your next major and donate 20 dollars to the I just got rofl stomped fund he's collecting.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Pig Of The Hut Basically, some silly bitch got white girl wasted with her own liquor instead of buying the bar's drinks. Then someone who wasnt a part of CEO was concerned and notified the police. Really not much else to it. But yes, I was there along with Ashenar, Mezmerize, Noobe, Gross, Kitana Prime, and others. I think MK had about 12 people.

Karried SCV had like 4 people lol... |

On a side note, anyone who thinks Gross is a fraud will be DEEPLY disappointed. This guy is the real deal

Jebailey here,

First off please change the title of this Thread. There was NO SUCH Underage Drinking going on at the event. If I ever even had an idea that someone under age was touching Alcohol I wouldn't let them step foot into my venue. So again, you can write a thread about it, but when it's someone that didn't even attend the event writing a thread with misinformation everyone gets the wrong idea in the end.

I was unaware of everything until during my TOP 8 AE match Hotel Management came to me to let me know what was going on. Long Story short, people drank more then they should of and went overboard outside the parking lot without my knowledge. A non FGC guest at the hotel got the wrong idea(Still the drinkers faults which after seeing this thread and the Youtube video are effectively banned from Future Events,) and called hotel security because the friends were play fighting outside. Hotel has been around for over 40 years so they don't play games(It's been my 5th event at this same hotel which I bring a lot of business too) and I trusted my own community members which let me down and potentially ruined a venue from hosting future monthlies.

Again if I knew anything like this was going on, I myself would of handled it but being the fact I was too busy running 10 different tournaments in one day I couldn't keep an eye on everything including outside.

I love and respect the MK community and continue to host their game because the Florida Crew are some awesome guys that just wanna play MK.

There is the correct information you need to write a new title out. If under age drinking really happened I would be in jail right now and not publicly posting everywhere what truly happened.

Sincerely,
Pig of the Hut's Favorite Kenshi fan,
Alex Jebailey