What's new

Tech Catwoman's new crossup tech

Hi, this is my first thread... hope you like it and that implement this tech to improve your game.

A big hug from Argentina.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola, este es mi primer thread... espero que les guste y que implementen esta tech para mejorar su juego.

Gran abrazo desde Argentina.

Edit:
Explication:
When not connecting double F3 wiff, Catwoman is over his opponent.
At that time, u can crossover with b2...
Then a forward dash can switch sides again. (this work for all characters)

When double f3 connect, u can dash 3 times to crossover (but this don't work in all characters)...

Sorry, I thought it was very clear, but I see that is not so clear... also I want to avoid writing a lot in English hahahaha

webreg

Noob
No description, no explanation, no narration. Just the same combo 10 times and then the video ended. That's not the way how you publish tech and get a discussion going. Unless you want a discussion about the lack of information given then this is a huge success.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
No description, no explanation, no narration. Just the same combo 10 times and then the video ended. That's not the way how you publish tech and get a discussion going. Unless you want a discussion about the lack of information given then this is a huge success.
No explanation needed. The tech uses b2 to semi-ambiguously cross through the opponent where the opponent then has to make a read: are you going to dash back to the other side or start pressure?

I like this. Once I move into my new house I may make a "state of Catwoman" video to discuss this and other tactics she has.

Nice video, tanosergio05

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
He's doing the standard CW BnB into the f3 hard knockdown, when he lands he's doing b2 to hop over the opponent, then dashing back over them to reverse their inputs. I'm guessing you just picked her up and/or don't use her.

webreg

No explanation needed. The tech uses b2 to semi-ambiguously cross through the opponent where the opponent then has to make a read: are you going to dash back to the other side or start pressure?

I like this. Once I move into my new house I may make a "state of Catwoman" video to discuss this and other tactics she has.

Nice video, tanosergio05

Exactly, you can choose which side to be to continue the pressure. If your opponent wants to do a wakeup, you have to guess where you'll be. And if you just want to block, you must guess whether it will be a "low hit" or "overhead"...

Thanks Ninj =)

webreg

Noob
Exactly, you can choose which side to be to continue the pressure. If your opponent wants to do a wakeup, you have to guess where you'll be. And if you just want to block, you must guess whether it will be a "low hit" or "overhead"...
I understand the idea from watching the video but that doesn't mean others will. Why couldn't you write what you just wrote in your original post? Doesn't need any more than this and now you had to do it anyway so you didn't save any time either. Just saying. ;)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Keep in mind that English is not everyone's primary language.

Ninj

From watching the video it seems like this could be stuffed by wakeups. Yes or no?
Yup, welcome to Catwoman. She's all about making people guess which side she'll be on after a HKD setup.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yup, welcome to Catwoman. She's all about making people guess which side she'll be on after a HKD setup.

Ok but if she does the b2 does it switch the side, or does the dash switch the side? Because if the b2 doesnt switch the side why wouldnt you just dash or do the catdash crossup?

Ninj

Ok but if she does the b2 does it switch the side, or does the dash switch the side? Because if the b2 doesnt switch the side why wouldnt you just dash or do the catdash crossup?
You'll notice after the b2, Catwoman auto corrects herself to turn around, meaning she's now on the opposite side. But it doesn't immediately look that way at first. Like I said, ambiguous cross over - both actions you see, the b2 and then the dash, are both crossing sides.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You'll notice after the b2, Catwoman auto corrects herself to turn around, meaning she's now on the opposite side. But it doesn't immediately look that way at first. Like I said, ambiguous cross over - both actions you see, the b2 and then the dash, are both crossing sides.

So it is like a double crossup? Alright, I dig it.

webreg

Noob
Keep in mind that English is not everyone's primary language.
Since English is actually my third language I am quite accustomed to that fact.

Anyway, back to topic. Something bothers me about the video. Just how feasible is doing b1,2,d3 after these crossups? Shouldn't we do F1,1,2? Otherwise the opponent can just duck and completely ignore all this flashy tech while you give away potential damage. I see no reason to ever do the low starter in this setup.

Ninj

Since English is actually my third language I am quite accustomed to that fact.

Anyway, back to topic. Something bothers me about the video. Just how feasible is doing b1,2,d3 after these crossups? Shouldn't we do F1,1,2? Otherwise the opponent can just duck and completely ignore all this flashy tech while you give away potential damage. I see no reason to ever do the low starter in this setup.

What? F1 and B1 are 16/14 frames. It's a true 50/50, you can't fuzzy guard it...so...it's very feasible. This is what Catwoman is built around.

Edit: if you only ever do F112, don't people just stand-block you?