What's new

Match-up Discussion Catwoman match up chart

Vagrant

Noob
16Bit is an AMAZING player, flat out, point blank period.

Things to remember when discussing match up numbers and tournaments.

These numbers we throw around, 5-5, 6-4, 7-3, 8-2, 9-1, for those that forget or may not know, the reason they all add up to 10 is because they are based on the scenario that 2 players playing each other are of high and equal skill, and that they play 10 matches.

As Bit mentioned earlier, he was able to beat WhiteBoi in a First to 3, but that does NOT say who the better player is, its not a blow up on Whiteboi. Lets say for make believe we were given a Worlds most correct Matchup chart, and we have Bit and Whiteboi who are of equal skill, and the chart said CW loses to DD 7-3. What that same chart could NEVER tell us is which 3 matches CW will win. You see where im headed with this yet?

Theoretically Catwoman can lose every single match up on the game 7-3 and it would still be possible for Bit to win a major. Because the chart can never tell us which games the person is suppose to win or lose, it is only there to say if equally skilled players play each other in 10 games, the person using character X SHOULD win Y amount of games.

So when you are at a tournament next time, and you see you have to play 16Bit next, dont think to yourself how does my character do against CW, think to yourself how do YOU do against 16Bit. You are playing the person using the character, remember that.

I understand match up numbers and tier list make for fun discussions, but it is also my belief that they are taken way too seriously and ppl put way too much stock into them.
Very good post.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I agree with the majority of this list. Also, LOL at the non catwoman players disputing the numbers of a man who has traveled, placed, and put his time and reputation on the line for the sake of character loyalty.

Slightly off-topic, but I can only imagine Ra Helios literally dying at this list. You know he's out there....waiting...lurking...
I'm going to post my MU chart later on today.

Bugman

Noob
Superman beats Catwoman?! I don't think so I think the matchup is 6-4 Catwoman favorite because superman F23 get punish by Catwoman back3, Superman can't out zone Catwoman because of her parry and her EX cat dash, and he lose the air battle game against her.

Last edited:
Quite a few of these I'm teetering on, some I disagree with, and the rest I agree with. I guess it truly is dependent on how the person who makes the list plays/who they play with. Good stuff Bit and I hope to see you at EVO.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
@GGA 16 Bit, me being a grundy main and CW as my secondary, I'll have to disagree with the grundy number. I don't believe this MU is even. I think it's 5.5-4.5 CW's favor. Possibly 6-4.

Catwoman controls the air against grundy except for right next to him cuz of his AA grab. Cat stance makes walking corpse whiff, the only thing that would make this a problem for catwoman is if she gets knocked down, but she can play keep away in this match. And she's a lot faster and has a better neutral game IMO.

What makes you think the MU is 5-5?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
@GGA 16 Bit, me being a grundy main and CW as my secondary, I'll have to disagree with the grundy number. I don't believe this MU is even. I think it's 5.5-4.5 CW's favor. Possibly 6-4.

Catwoman controls the air against grundy except for right next to him cuz of his AA grab. Cat stance makes walking corpse whiff, the only thing that would make this a problem for catwoman is if she gets knocked down, but she can play keep away in this match. And she's a lot faster and has a better neutral game IMO.

What makes you think the MU is 5-5?

Nothing makes me think it's a 5-5 to be honest. I don't know the match well enough to have a real number for it. It's probably my most unexplored match in the game.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Nothing makes me think it's a 5-5 to be honest. I don't know the match well enough to have a real number for it. It's probably my most unexplored match in the game.
Well I do plan on coming out to GGA before injustice dies. Once that happens, we'll have to get a set in.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think about matchups a lot. Any matchup chart I do would always be slightly different. I was thinking about updating it to my current feelings but it's so fluid I instead decided to just post the matchups I consider the most likely to be changed.

Could be in her favor:
Green Arrow
Zatanna
Joker
Hawkgirl
Raven

Could be 5-5:
Nightwing
Superman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Lobo
Harley Quinn
Killer Frost

Could be worse:
Martian Manhunter
Sinestro
Bane
Shazam
Batgirl
Black Adam

If I was going to officially update this I think the only edit I'd make would be to put Black Adam as a 4-6 match. This isn't a popular opinion but it's my real talk. I got top 8 at EVO I deserve to post my real talk. Fuck it.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I still think Supes loses this one, her b3 is just.. stupid in that matchup.

I don't think there's much chance she wins the match. If the Superman player knows the match and the footsies game her b+3 shouldn't be giving him enough problems that you're being hit by it over and over. He still out footsies her and zones her.

It seems like Superman players think b+3 just beats f+2 clean and cannot be whiff punished. That is not the case.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I think about matchups a lot. Any matchup chart I do would always be slightly different. I was thinking about updating it to my current feelings but it's so fluid I instead decided to just post the matchups I consider the most likely to be changed.

Could be in her favor:
Green Arrow
Zatanna
Joker
Hawkgirl
Raven

Could be 5-5:
Nightwing
Superman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Lobo
Harley Quinn
Killer Frost

Could be worse:
Martian Manhunter
Sinestro
Bane
Shazam
Batgirl
Black Adam

If I was going to officially update this I think the only edit I'd make would be to put Black Adam as a 4-6 match. This isn't a popular opinion but it's my real talk. I got top 8 at EVO I deserve to post my real talk. Fuck it.
I think if anyone wins the Raven Catwoman mu, it's more likely that it's Raven because of her walk back speed.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think if anyone wins the Raven Catwoman mu, it's more likely that it's Raven because of her walk back speed.

That is possible too. The footsies game is truly bad for Selina. I don't think there's any other match for her where she gets bodied like that for most of the match but has such good options on a knockdown.

Both Raven and Hawkgirl are matches I am pretty confident are 5-5 but I just think it' be foolish to not at least consider otherwise.

Blind_Ducky

That is possible too. The footsies game is truly bad for Selina. I don't think there's any other match for her where she gets bodied like that for most of the match but has such good options on a knockdown.

Both Raven and Hawkgirl are matches I am pretty confident are 5-5 but I just think it' be foolish to not at least consider otherwise.
Yeah I agree. Catwoman having to dash as much as she does is a huge issue because soul crush will shit on it. I'm not 100% sold on any mu number right now. 5-5 is probably most likely but who knows. Regardless it's super fun <3

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Could be in her favor:
Green Arrow
Zatanna
Joker
Hawkgirl
Raven

Could be 5-5:
Nightwing
Superman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Lobo
Harley Quinn
Killer Frost

Could be worse:
Martian Manhunter
Sinestro
Bane
Shazam
Batgirl
Black Adam

I don't think Catwoman can win this matchup. Joker has a very good d2, best corner game, teeth to interrupt combos and J2 followups. His defense is very solid because of teeth and the way catwoman fishes for combos. He can also parry on a read, she can blow it up but it remains an option.

He does more damage, has better setups and way more gimmicks than her.

Ra Helios

I Disagree. Cat-woman Vs Raven 6-4 Cat-woman Favor. On hard knock down she is practically free and her wake ups can be stuff. In the corner she practically free as well. her zoning game isn't that effective to be honest. Plus I do A jump 2 whip and you try to soul crush, you can be punish because the move comes out way to slow.

I played Og Mamminal and Glass sword. This mu is terrible for Raven Players. You can ask them about the mu when they played me. This mu cannot be even.

Ra Helios

I don't think Catwoman can win this matchup. Joker has a very good d2, best corner game, teeth to interrupt combos and J2 followups. His defense is very solid because of teeth and the way catwoman fishes for combos. He can also parry on a read, she can blow it up but it remains an option.

He does more damage, has better setups and way more gimmicks than her.
I disagree. Joker struggle to get any character in the corner. With Cat-woman she can easily put any character in the corner and Cat-woman Has way more damage then the Joker. I can get a 52% by using 1 bar and trait. Ask Polish games and Notez4 and ask them what is the mu between Catwoman and Joker.

Blind_Ducky

I Disagree. Cat-woman Vs Raven 6-4 Cat-woman Favor. On hard knock down she is practically free and her wake ups can be stuff. In the corner she practically free as well. her zoning game isn't that effective to be honest. Plus I do A jump 2 whip and you try to soul crush, you can be punish because the move comes out way to slow.

I played Og Mamminal and Glass sword. This mu is terrible for Raven Players. You can ask them about the mu when they played me. This mu cannot be even.
I don't care about your opinion.

Ra Helios

I don't care about your opinion.
Its a fact not a opinion. But stay ignorant. Or use the reference I gave you to increase your knowledge on why this mu is so bad. I'm a great player and other people like to here what I have to say on the Catwoman mu because I'm legit. It will be wise for you to listen. If not then when ever you get a Xbox and run into me. Be ready to get blown up. Im going to show you why it is a 6-4 mu Cat-woman Favor. Not talking trash or anything like that.