What's new

Question Cannot get D2+Babs Bola down. God help me.

I guess I've just been spoiled by GL because I don't have much of a problem pulling off his comboes even online and with the dial-a-combo system the only BnB I really need any kind of timing on is b134LM~

An I simply doomed to never be able to use BG? I've only been able to get Babs Bola to shoot off in time to catch the falling enemy a hand full of times in training. Even if I did managed to get it down to fire off at a 50% rate I don't even want to think about how hellish it would be to attempt online.

What usually happens when you try? I find that screwing it up usually results in one of a few predictable things:
1. the bola doesn't come out
2. the bola comes out too late
3. another move comes out (usually cartwheel)

If your issue is #2 (the bola comes out too late and they fall through it), then adjust the timing on your previous strings. b23 recovers much faster than it seems like it should, meaning you can hit them earlier with d2 and therefore juggle them higher for the bola. Same goes for the combo off of her smoke bomb: you hit your j3 at the lowest possible point in the jump arc, making it recover faster.

J

Joe Antonetti

What usually happens when you try? I find that screwing it up usually results in one of a few predictable things:
1. the bola doesn't come out
2. the bola comes out too late
3. another move comes out (usually cartwheel)

If your issue is #2 (the bola comes out too late and they fall through it), then adjust the timing on your previous strings. b23 recovers much faster than it seems like it should, meaning you can hit them earlier with d2 and therefore juggle them higher for the bola. Same goes for the combo off of her smoke bomb: you hit your j3 at the lowest possible point in the jump arc, making it recover faster.
I'm having issue #1. I know that my D2xxBF1 works on it's own consistently, but the Bola doesn't come out if I do B12,D2xxBF1

I'm having issue #1. I know that my D2xxBF1 works on it's own consistently, but the Bola doesn't come out if I do B12,D2xxBF1
Generally that would mean you're double tapping a button or doing it too slow. Go to training room and make sure that your motions are clean.

J

Joe Antonetti

Thanks everyone. Turns out that my Xbox D-Pad registers my B as UB.