What's new

Canceling bufferd special moves.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
http://shoryuken.com/f345/canceling-bufferd-special-moves-272380/

Apologies if I'm stealing someone's thunder with this. I saw this on SRK and wanted to know if someone here has verified it. I'm not at home now but I definitely want to test on Ermac and Kabal.

Posted by: Captain Ryu

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I figured it out while in training mode. Basically you can input a combo, buffer the special you want in and then decide not to commit and cancel the special.

For example with reptile i did his 3,2,1 string and buffered his dashing elbow and it came out like normal. I then did the same string but I held back after doing the special and the special did not come out, even after pressing back right before the move was supposed to come out.

This can probably be useful if you start a string into special then decide that you don't want to commit to the special after getting blocked and ect. I haven't tried with any other characters so I'm not sure if it's specific to reptile but I'm guessing it can be useful.

Edit

I just tried with reptiles other moves and it still works. I just hold another direction on the joystick after buffering and the move wont come out. Should work with everyone.

http://shoryuken.com/f345/canceling-bufferd-special-moves-272380/

Apologies if I'm stealing someone's thunder with this. I saw this on SRK and wanted to know if someone here has verified it. I'm not at home now but I definitely want to test on Ermac and Kabal.

Posted by: Captain Ryu

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I figured it out while in training mode. Basically you can input a combo, buffer the special you want in and then decide not to commit and cancel the special.

For example with reptile i did his 3,2,1 string and buffered his dashing elbow and it came out like normal. I then did the same string but I held back after doing the special and the special did not come out, even after pressing back right before the move was supposed to come out.

This can probably be useful if you start a string into special then decide that you don't want to commit to the special after getting blocked and ect. I haven't tried with any other characters so I'm not sure if it's specific to reptile but I'm guessing it can be useful.

Edit

I just tried with reptiles other moves and it still works. I just hold another direction on the joystick after buffering and the move wont come out. Should work with everyone.

Tested this on Kabal spin move and it does not work. The only way I got it to work was by pressing back and then once I hit block it would cancel, otherwise it would perform the move.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I wonder what impact this'll have on making hitconfirming. Good fucking find! :)

Sully

Noob
Dammit, I'm not done testing the first batch of shit I'm figuring out. LOL stop giving more shit to do in the lab!

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Tested this on Kabal spin move and it does not work. The only way I got it to work was by pressing back and then once I hit block it would cancel, otherwise it would perform the move.
So far all I test was Kabal too. I've been mostly trying to main Ermac and Kabal so this seems like it would be really useful for Ermac slam on jump in. Watching the PowerUp stream it seemed like most of the complaints about the combos was the lack of ability to hit confirm but this would basically add that ability.

Has anyone tested on other characters? I'm also curious if it works different when you are hitting a blocking opponent. We've all pulled out the wrong move if I have even just a few frames to correct it that could pull me out of a bad situation.

Also just so its clear, I didn't discover this, just the thread on SRK. All credit goes to the guy that posted on SRK.