What's new

Can we finally agree this game's ranked system needs a region lock?

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
Haha yeah, people have been begging NRS to remove region lock for years.
I've been asking for that myself.

However the problem NRS has is they go from one extreme to another. There just can't be balance with them, can there?

terrible idea.

Online scenes and game die as soon as the players can not find games. There is a way to cancel and look again.. that is all they need. NRS should be looking at ways to expand, not restrict... like cross platform matching for example.
I don't think you read what I wrote correctly.
I'm saying lock the region FOR RANKED. Not for all online modes.

Uhh no. What the actual fuck?

Just decline matches with bad ping. No one is forcing you to play against people half way across the world.
That would be cool if the game didn't force me to take 150ms wifi connections and some dudes playing from the Netherrealm showing 1ms on the matchup screen being 280ms in the actual game.

Like damn is it too much to ask to have a filter that only gives me<80ms wired connections?

I get people to whom the connection is measured as 140ms at the time of measuring and then the ping casually jumps up to 180-190ms and stays there.

I don't want to get matched with people who are 10k km from me.

I'm not saying there should be a global region lock, but a lock for RANKED games.

Anyone agrees?

edit: If not the region lock itself, then at least AN OPTION, to choose "connection level" - just like in sf5 or tekken. Come on.
decline should be possible at any ping over a hundred, as it always goes up like 50 frames in a match. also it should measure an average ping over a few seconds.

Last edited:

nodq

wicked
Uhh no. What the actual fuck?

Just decline matches with bad ping. No one is forcing you to play against people half way across the world.
Funny.. thats what I am doing. And when you combine this with all those people that decline ME for whatever reason, even when connection is good and both are on wired. I WAIT more than I play at the end. That totally sucks ass. And no, I do not prefer to play ranked because it is even more annoying, 90% WiFi gangsters that I can not decline because at the point of measurement it had 140ms and then in the match I have to fuck around with 250ms or whatever bullshit. Also, people leave after losing 1 round or winning 1 round, ranked just does not make any sense at all at this point. At least not for me.

I stopped playing online because of this, I love the game, I love the Netcode, it is actually good if you are not forced to play vs high ping WiFi gangsters... I can not even say when I had someone with less than 100ms ping as opponent, it seems that I never ever get paired with someone from my region at all.

This game really needs an option where I can set a threshold to what I want to accept or not based on the ping. AND the game needs an option so I can disable all connections to WiFi in general. I decline them ANYWAY so give me that option so I do not WASTE my time and sit there and press my fucking decline button all the time! I want to play... ffs.

Auron

Look, it has begun.
You guys are of course aware that 100 ping is their basic rollback threshold, right? from 10 to 100 ping, matches will feel exactly the same. That's why they make the threshold around 150 which is about 2 or 3 frames off.

The only real problem described in this thread is wifi, because interference and packet loss will cause a highly inconsistent ping which causes skips. People with inconsistent connections can be wired too though far more rare.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
You guys are of course aware that 100 ping is their basic rollback threshold, right? from 10 to 100 ping, matches will feel exactly the same. That's why they make the threshold around 150 which is about 2 or 3 frames off.
no they don't... this thread is like the PC steam fourm complaining the game is crap as they can not run it at 180FPS... I'm capped at 60!!! that is so lame and 30 for Fatalities and KB!!! This game is broken!!!

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
You can choose to play or not people with ping over 140ms, I think? Those below 100ms connect automatically for sure. I don't see an issue with ranked.

I was surprised by how many WiFi players there really were out there, including lot of players with a reasonable amount of skill too. People who should know better, really. People who have made the effort shouldn’t be forced to play against people who haven’t.

And as nice as the forced first to 3 situation is, why oh why can’t I quit out after winning a match where the connection has slowed down to the point where the connection error icon has flashed up? Shouldn’t that trigger something and give you the option to duck out, instead of being forced to quit (and forfeit the match) or play another match because the person on the other end has poor standards?

Immortal

Blind justice....
You can choose to play or not people with ping over 140ms, I think? Those below 100ms connect automatically for sure. I don't see an issue with ranked.
Bruh, please read the whole topic before you reply.

It's been already stated several times you can't decline anything below 150 ms. Also the number you're seeing is the best case scenario, in reality when you get somebody with like 120 ms, it's usually like 160 or 170 ms in fight. Also you can't decline WiFi players. This needs to be changed.

GhosT

Noob
Yeah OR we can actually get a good netcode from nrs. I bought KI on launch back then my I internet was bad in my area, only 50 down and 10 up. You could wifi 10 man koth cross platform even vs players from all over and it was always playable.

Fast forward 5 years my internet in this area has tripled yet somehow I can get lag in new games this isnt just nrs issue. Sfv blows too.

I like nrs direction on mk11 but if I'm keeping it real they arent doing their best on netcode, this is still a corner cutting area for a lot of devs KI showed us years ago this was a lame ass excuse. And it is a lame excuse.

With a grain of salt I will also say it's also as bad as it is netcode wise because for some reason the nrs scene is just dedicated as fuck to wifi..

Everyone complains but nobody can buy an ethernet cable lol ok

Immortal

Blind justice....
Yeah OR we can actually get a good netcode from nrs. I bought KI on launch back then my I internet was bad in my area, only 50 down and 10 up. You could wifi 10 man koth cross platform even vs players from all over and it was always playable.

Fast forward 5 years my internet in this area has tripled yet somehow I can get lag in new games this isnt just nrs issue. Sfv blows too.

I like nrs direction on mk11 but if I'm keeping it real they arent doing their best on netcode, this is still a corner cutting area for a lot of devs KI showed us years ago this was a lame ass excuse. And it is a lame excuse.

With a grain of salt I will also say it's also as bad as it is netcode wise because for some reason the nrs scene is just dedicated as fuck to wifi..

Everyone complains but nobody can buy an ethernet cable lol ok
You have no idea what are you talking about from technical standpoint, so please don't.

NRS netcode is on pair with KI or close to i; its a bit different implementation of GGPO then in KI but its close enough. There is no remedy for latency spikes of 1xx ms coz people have WiFi. It was terrible in KI too, coz again there isn't anything you can do about it.

Also comparing SF V netcode to MK 11 is a joke.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
My only complaint is having to play wi-fi users. We should be able to decline wi-fi users in ranked just like casual matches. I've tried playing them and the connection is always ass.

E

Eldriken

There's some misinformation in here. It's 149ms and below that you're unable to decline.

Secondly, just because it says the ping is whatever doesn't mean it'll remain that way the entire match.

Also, region lock should be implemented, but as an option you can toggle on and off at your leisure. Leave it up to the player(s) to decide.

An Ethernet cord doesn't automagically solve any issues from having 10,000 miles of distance between the players.

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah I'm getting a decent number of games that don't give me the option to veto with the connection with pretty bad frame skipping that turn out to be Americans

I've got 40 down 10 up and 30 ping connection and wired.

I think at the competitive level region lock would be good.

Russians should be region locked to offline lol. Potato connection scorpion players every time.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Bruh, please read the whole topic before you reply.

It's been already stated several times you can't decline anything below 150 ms. Also the number you're seeing is the best case scenario, in reality when you get somebody with like 120 ms, it's usually like 160 or 170 ms in fight. Also you can't decline WiFi players. This needs to be changed.
K, bruh.