What's new

Question - Dualist Bugs liu kang needs fixed + buffs

Bugs and patches to fix the dark stance
•Be able to cancel Air fireball while in the air.
•Our damage boost don't go away just because we block an attack or get hit by it! (The charge in dark stance)
•His orbs to be +4 on block. And faster recovery.
•Enhanced orbs to explode 1 -3 frames slower. If it did he would have a 50/50 mixup pop up.
If liu kang gets those buffs and fixes he'll OK.
@AK L0rdoftheFLY @Reaper040
Other liu kang players

Bugs and patches to fix the dark stance
•Be able to cancel Air fireball while in the air.
•Our damage boost don't go away just because we block an attack or get hit by it! (The charge in dark stance)
•Enhanced orbs to explode 1 -3 frames slower. If it did he would have a 50/50 mixup pop up.
If liu kang gets those buffs and fixes he'll OK.
@AK L0rdoftheFLY @Reaper040
Other liu kang players
He'd be a LOT better than ok if he had this. Sounds OP. 50/50 popup puts it over the top. I just want MMH orb frame traps, or something I can work with. Granted, I really haven't explored Dualist much yet, plan to this Saturday night. Lol the cancellable air fireball would be dope though

kaseyk

Noob
Full charge dark orb has the 50/50 pop up your looking for .

Corner orb bugs fixed .

Yin to be tweaked to .05 tick and 1.00 finish and a cancel window to equal dark charge .

Dark charge to not be removed on hit should be like flame buff .

I like the ex orb as is but i agree with most of this list .

Wishful thinking i want changes to b2 , change it to a cancel move and remove worthless techable knockdown .

Also fix db2 so it never whiffs on low profile or after f44 against small bodies

He'd be a LOT better than ok if he had this. Sounds OP. 50/50 popup puts it over the top. I just want MMH orb frame traps, or something I can work with. Granted, I really haven't explored Dualist much yet, plan to this Saturday night. Lol the cancellable air fireball would be dope though
The pop up is actually an otg so it could be blocked. But you would be +29

Aren't some of these just buffs? My tempest hats go away if i block an attack as well even though the hats werent in front of me and then im left with half my moves ready to get wrecked.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Or you could just play DF/FF and not worry about crappy Dualist lol.

Seriously though, I agree about everything, except he doesn't need a 50/50 pop up though.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Can you elaborate on this one? Plus/minus only make sense when you compare stun duration with recovery of what caused that stun while keeping in mind timing of those two events.
Orbs can go off sooner or later depending on charge, and just to illustrate why this line doesn't make sense to me, I'll say that currently their plus may be three-digit number (due to delay between its launch and triggering) with no charge.

This should be re-claculated into blockstun duration IMO.

None of those things except maybe the Yang damage going away on block are bugs.

Liu is fine as is as long as you don't pick Dualist. His anti-air game is pretty weak but everything else is great. Dualist could use some love.

Can you elaborate on this one? Plus/minus only make sense when you compare stun duration with recovery of what caused that stun while keeping in mind timing of those two events.
Orbs can go off sooner or later depending on charge, and just to illustrate why this line doesn't make sense to me, I'll say that currently their plus may be three-digit number (due to delay between its launch and triggering) with no charge.

This should be re-claculated into blockstun duration IMO.
Looking back at it now. I didn't mean it like that. I wanted his orbs to recover faster. Meaning that after I throw out the orb I can block faster

Be able to cancel air fireball? LOL
Even MylesWright was being more reasonable when he asked for Frost's d1 to be an overhead. Hah
No, it would make more sense. If you throw a fireball in the air and can't cancel it until you hit the ground your open to be published heavy. Unless you do IA-orbs. Which I haven't tried

Nereus

Noob
yeah this seems like buffs.. not bug fixes. Things like Spectral Ermac whiffing one move and gaining a full bar is a bug.. same with Kitana's infinite. This post is just your opinion on what they should do for the character. You should really fix this title..

kaseyk

Noob
Most of these are buffs but could be considered fixes also .

Air orb not being cancelled in air makes it pretty damn worthless test it you will see .

Orbs breaking on anything is a bug or a horrible design choice .

Dragon roar whiffing oversight that will likely be fixed .

A slight tweak to a move to make it worth using isn't a huge buff at this stage some of these he and the rest of us liu players posted in this thread and others are perfectly reasonable .

I think its clear dualist wasn't a house favorite in the testing stages because he has a plethora of worthless stuff and we found it super quick .
Dark charge takes longer then any other buff move in game and goes away on hit that is a terrible design choice .
Losing it on block is for sure a bug and with liu being one of the least played characters and dualist being his least played variations i will be surprised if it gets touched at all outside of the universal nerfs he's already gotten .

yeah this seems like buffs.. not bug fixes. Things like Spectral Ermac whiffing one move and gaining a full bar is a bug.. same with Kitana's infinite. This post is just your opinion on what they should do for the character. You should really fix this title..
Him losing his power
I thought I was a good downplayer, good job dude, you're making my job easier.
I've been told I'm a up player! You're the first person to call me a downplayer. I seriously need to change my life now

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Dualist does suck though, for anyone thinking this is downplaying. There is some slight downplaying but Elite is an upplayer at heart so it balances out.