What's new

Buffs and Nerfs Wish List

If your gonna buff Goro buff the overhead command grab, make it's animation/startup faster. Characters like Reptile would greatly benefit from this.
Nah that move sees more play than stomp and punchwalk. Also I keep asking around if stomp is glitched because I can't get the in-front/behind versions but yo can somebody tell me if they can?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nerfs:

Kameos

Cyrax:

•His Helicopter move costs 70% of Kameo meter now and after doing this move the Kameo meter recharges 10% slower than it did

•You get -100 Health if you choose Cyrax Kameo

Kung Lao:
•Low Hat costs 40% of Kameo
Meter now and after doing this move the Kameo meter recharges 25% slower than it did

•You get -100 Health if you choose Kung Lao Kameo

Sub-Zero:
•You get -50 Health if you choose Sub-Zero Kameo

Characters

Baraka:

•Baraka now has 950 health

Raiden:
•Raiden now has 900 health

Johnny Cage:
•Cage now has 900 health

Kenshi:
•Kenshi now has 950 health

Ashrah:
•Ashrah now has 950 Health

Mileena:
•Mileena now has 950 Health

Shang Tsung:
•Shang now has 950 Health
——————————————————
I still like most of these nerfs. Maybe also give Rain 950 HP. And no, these aren’t the only nerfs I want for the characters, but after HP nerfs, and Kameo nerfs, along with buffing other characters and Kameos, you wouldn’t need a lot of nerfs to the top tiers imo.

Universally nerf d1 into special cancel cyrax kameos lol. I don't know how tho

Put subs F1 back to 12 frames startup
Increase ice klone time by a second

Increase cd time of lao low hat kameos

Prob in the minority here but I don't think we should be able to use ambush kameos on wakeup to make wakeup attacks safe or even plus on block (cyrax)

Low hat having a few seconds more on cool down, Cyrax health debuff and significantly longer cool down for spin.

Those two changes wouldn't put the game in a perfect state, but they're easy ones that pretty much everyone agrees on in some form and can feasibly be done fast. Like this is stuff I'm legit hoping for in the Omni-man update

Everything else is going to take NRS alot more time

After ECT I feel like making Cyrax horizontal copter take the full Kameo meter is the way to go. That being said, I think it should still recover relatively quickly. I am conceding that you can only use it once per block sequence, but I don't want to explicitly nerf the cooldown. This would still, in effect, give Cyrax more "cooldown", as after horizontal copter, you can't vertical copter for several seconds (because the meter is empty), and after vertical copter you can't horizonal copter for several seconds (because it requires full meter). Cyrax can still do what he does he just can't do it back-to-back (i.e. use vertical copter throw combo immediately followed by unsafe special with horizontal copter to keep you safe).

It's really hard to say which character needs nerfs at this point because everyone is reliant on Cyrax, I would need to see how things play out once Cyrax is nerfed. I do think Raiden is probably the one character that needs some nerfs even after Cyrax is nerfed.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Cyrax nerf was too hard. I dont think they needed to hit full bar his ass. I would've been fine with cutting the regeneration speed in half. Similar to Darrius neutral regen rate.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Cyrax nerf was too hard. I dont think they needed to hit full bar his ass. I would've been fine with cutting the regeneration speed in half. Similar to Darrius neutral regen rate.
I don't believe NRS changed the actual cooldown of horizontal spin(or vertical spin, for that matter). Watched a vid of the new Cyrax change, and it takes 12 seconds for the bar to fill to half once you use the 100% cost horizontal spin, so the cooldown of the move has effectively changed to 24 seconds, which is a little longer than Goro RTR. Vertical copter still takes 50% of the kameo bar, which I felt should have stayed, as it's just a combo extender.

If the cooldown of horizontal copter had changed to just 20-24 seconds, but it was still 50% bar, you'd still have access to two uses of it before your meter emptied. I feel this change is a better change, as it now forces the player to play smarter and actually manage the resource.

I still like most of these nerfs. Maybe also give Rain 950 HP. And no, these aren’t the only nerfs I want for the characters, but after HP nerfs, and Kameo nerfs, along with buffing other characters and Kameos, you wouldn’t need a lot of nerfs to the top tiers imo.
Dunno if this is a full list or not, but if so, it's ok.

Disappointed there's 0 buffs but i'm hoping that's because they're more significant reworks and might require a large patch.

Nrs always goes scorched earth with nerfs I can only imagine what’s going to happen to Johnny in the probable Omni man patch.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I have no idea how they even left Cage as is, with almost all other top tiers normalized(some scorched lol).

I'm pretty sure that crying for Cage nerfs will be 10x stronger than it already was...so...........i expect him to not only be normalized but pretty much deleted with the next "balance" patch. Just like NRS balancing tradition calls for. :laughing:

I have no idea how they even left Cage as is, with almost all other top tiers normalized(some scorched lol).

I'm pretty sure that crying for Cage nerfs will be 10x stronger than it already was...so...........i expect him to not only be normalized but pretty much deleted with the next "balance" patch. Just like NRS balancing tradition calls for. :laughing:
Kung Lao allowed him to get in easier and mix ups and cyrax allowed him to have endless pressure, either they are looking at what he will be like without these kameos or we are about to get a bunch of obnoxious zoners in this game soon.

Cage is the only guy keeping the dude in your profile pic safe, after he’s gone your boy is getting ass blasted next cause he will be the next person everybody runs to lol.

he’s going to get blasted into pre-possessed MKX post launch Kenshi lmao.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Kung Lao allowed him to get in easier and mix ups and cyrax allowed him to have endless pressure, either they are looking at what he will be like without these kameos or we are about to get a bunch of obnoxious zoners in this game soon.
They deleted Cyrax but they didn't delete Kung Lao. Low hat still gonna be great for Cage, just a bit less so. He also works just fine with other kameos.
BUT at the same time they nerfed other top tier characters on top of them being much more reliant on Cyrax than Cage is.

We will see but i expect Cage being hit by the "NRS nerf bus" at full speed next time.

As for Kenshi i expect the same, i'm VERY surpised they left him alone this time. I was pretty sure they gonna nerf Sento stance to oblivion or at the very best case scenario - tone down his dmg output in it.

Last edited:
They deleted Cyrax but they didn't delete Kung Lao. Low hat still gonna be great for Cage, just a bit less so. He also works just fine with other kameos.
BUT at the same time they nerfed other top tier characters on top of them being much more reliant on Cyrax than Cage is.

We will see but i expect Cage being hit by the "NRS nerf bus" at full speed next time.

As for Kenshi i expect the same, i'm VERY surpised they left him alone this time. I was pretty sure they gonna nerf Sento stance to oblivion or at the very best case scenario tone down his dmg output in it.
I’m hearing that there is damage nerfs across the board on Twitter which makes sense than just nerfing Baraka and raidens damage tbh.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Wait. Sub-Zero's EX Clone doesn't even freeze anymore lmfao. As if the move wasn't useless already. This has to be a bug.

I'm actually surprised they didn't touch Cage. Definitely best character in game right now.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
I’m hearing that there is damage nerfs across the board on Twitter which makes sense than just nerfing Baraka and raidens damage tbh.
Mixed reports on that. Hayatei was doing Kenshi combos on stream after the patch and still was hitting 50% in sento stance, so it looks like dmg nerfs were character specific. I'm on PC so i have to wait till tomorrow to test it out.

Also people say that on top nerfing Baraka dmg and deleting Cyrax they also nerfed Baraka walk speed.....if true then WTF? Why? He really gonna be a jobber again like in ALL previous MK games where "nobody" played him seriously.

Wait. Sub-Zero's EX Clone doesn't even freeze anymore lmfao. As if the move wasn't useless already. This has to be a bug.
It's a confirmed bug, will be fixed soon.