What's new

Brand new E3 walk through w/ Ed Boon

Hmmm I kind of think boon spyed on this site and saw how much people wanted some 2d cus he knows his fan boys will love it no matter what he puts out so he went back with some 2d I think this game will be pretty fun maybe not so serious but definitely fun

dreemernj

Ambassador
At least the 2D gameplay wasn't a mistake. It's actually supposed to look like that. It's a step in the right direction. The motions still look so blah though. When will it get to a point where the game looks fluid and complete versus this start-and-stop mess.

He said the game is still on a 3D plane though so I'm a tad bit confused.

If they can nerf superman, keep any Noob Saibot style infinites out of it, and appropriately add hit limits and cut offs they maybe it'll be worth a rent.

The Focus on 2D IS a good step though.

After seeing the new Street Fighter IV Video though it's kinda depressing to watch this :\

At least the 2D gameplay wasn't a mistake. It's actually supposed to look like that. It's a step in the right direction. The motions still look so blah though. When will it get to a point where the game looks fluid and complete versus this start-and-stop mess.
I agree, looks like MK4... which regardless sucked! lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
The part they showed on G4 showed Flash doing a 14 hit combo for 17% damage, lol.

A def step in the right direction, I hope.

7h30n

Noob
As I said before, the more Gameplay they are releasing the better looks the game, but now that I'm totally hooked on SF4 they can do with MK what ever they want, I don't care (unless that too comes to PC)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'm just thankful that Boon brought some people there to show us some real gameplay and combos, not the lame assholes that usually play and make it look like they've never played a fighting game in their lives (cough, mko, ahem!)

Noob
If it's just a simple sidestep, then back to 2d fighting, then it'll be similar to what VF3 introduced...kinda like a dodge button, or just like MK4 where you can move in and out and rotate the field of play but they characters re-focus on each other after a dodge/sidestep.

Looks like a step in the right direction, but still off in some ways. Seriously, what's with the stiff animations? They look like MKDA's, which was stiff by 2002 standards compared to every other 3D fighter back then. The transition between moves in particular isn't smooth.