What's new

Match Footage Brainstorm vs Big D

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
some ppl says that Skarlet MU is very similar to Sonya, i dare to say there is nothing likely in both characters to play the MU the same way, Sonya and Skarlet are way too diferent

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
some ppl says that Skarlet MU is very similar to Sonya, i dare to say there is nothing likely in both characters to play the MU the same way, Sonya and Skarlet are way too diferent
Agreed. Their similarities end in that they have a 1,1,2 reset. By the same logic, Baraka is very similar to Kabal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
brilliant. but the reason i was using d1 is because people cross over so commonly after a blocked d3 so i was going for anti airs. but yeah thats the way to deal with d1 counterpokes
Yeah that's a good read on your part. He's not learning from it and his reaction when hitting a d3 is a jump. Also one thing you can also do different branstorm is after a D3 poke, bigd likes to d1/D3 for a counterpoke which u can stop with a F4. Both players can do more of this. Bait pokes with d3 block and counterpoke their counterpoke with a string.

Yeah that's a good read on your part. He's not learning from it and his reaction when hitting a d3 is a jump. Also one thing you can also do different branstorm is after a D3 poke, bigd likes to d1/D3 for a counterpoke which u can stop with a F4. Both players can do more of this. Bait pokes with d3 block and counterpoke their counterpoke with a string.
incorporating f4 into my counterpoke/getting out of pressure game is hard as shit online man. ill definitly need to practice it offline

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
Good Skarlet man :) ... sorry I don't know anything about Skarlet ... I don't even have Skarlet lol ... otherwise my comment would have been more rich, helpful, interesting, smart, awesome (it's already awesome but it could've been more) ... and full of tips to perfect your Skarlet ... but hey I enjoyed the matches so thanks man =]

Flagg

Noob
why is that? lol
Well the Skarlet community is one of the most active ones. It's a community that DOESN'T downplay the character, most of you guys know what she is capable of and you're all very happy to give detailed advice to new comers. I really would like to return to her as she is one of my favourite designs in the game.

I think the Skarlet and Baraka communities are the best. The rest have either minimal activity, in fighting or downplaying. I mean nothing happens in the Kano, Rain or CSZ ones! lol

AssassiN

Noob
Well the Skarlet community is one of the most active ones. It's a community that DOESN'T downplay the character, most of you guys know what she is capable of and you're all very happy to give detailed advice to new comers. I really would like to return to her as she is one of my favourite designs in the game.

I think the Skarlet and Baraka communities are the best. The rest have either minimal activity, in fighting or downplaying. I mean nothing happens in the Kano, Rain or CSZ ones! lol
Have you seen the LK forums?
Pretty much crickets are moving in at this point.

Flagg

Noob
Have you seen the LK forums?
Pretty much crickets are moving in at this point.
I know. Either these characters simply aren't that popular or nobody wants to push the envelope on them. For a site that's dedicated to strategy, it's saddens me when troll threads and drama threads takes precedent over everything else.

Skarlet is the deepest character in the game. Due to the mechanics of how she plays and the enormous amount of 'target combos' she has (13), I think she is a character that will keep evolving and evolving. But the thing is, Baraka isn't by comparison a 'deep' character but the Baraka boys are ALWAYS talking about match ups and new strategies.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Would you say it is better than using EX Up Slash? or does ex red dash into up slash whiff when they D3?
It really depends if people counter poke with strings or with d3. D3 counter pokers get the traditional treatment. Pig counter pokes with f22b2, etc...when people start counterpoint with strings (like cages f33b3) linking d3 to ex red dash ds or us is awesome

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I know. Either these characters simply aren't that popular or nobody wants to push the envelope on them. For a site that's dedicated to strategy, it's saddens me when troll threads and drama threads takes precedent over everything else.

Skarlet is the deepest character in the game. Due to the mechanics of how she plays and the enormous amount of 'target combos' she has (13), I think she is a character that will keep evolving and evolving. But the thing is, Baraka isn't by comparison a 'deep' character but the Baraka boys are ALWAYS talking about match ups and new strategies.
How could you forget the tombstone forums

Flagg

Noob
How could you forget the tombstone forums
Are they active?? Lol, Nightwolf was the second character I ever mained in the game but I moved on from him, mostly cause I just wanted to explore other characters. Are they active, or dead like Louis Kang's?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Are they active?? Lol, Nightwolf was the second character I ever mained in the game but I moved on from him, mostly cause I just wanted to explore other characters. Are they active, or dead like Louis Kang's?
What's his name again?

Tombstone...you tell me