What's new

Match Footage Brainstorm vs Big D

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
More F2,1,2,1+2 after blocked cross up. Way less naked random downslashes. More down daggers to stutter your jumping. More Ex Dash during pressure. More empty dash pressure. More Ex down slash if anything. Less f3,3 unless you follow up with ex down slash.

More...blood ball? no. Less teleporting into the corner, even if it wins you the round...unless you have no life left. still risky, I wouldnt. unless I had balls of steel. which I do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
1#. stand blocked 114~edc cancels to f212,1+2~rd~rs instead, is more chip and meter rebuild, or keep looping until they crouch block.

2#.when ppl are locked in the corner they always try to jump out of your lockups, take a good look at this so you can NJP on reads.

3#.If someone jumps in after you tech roll an air breaker, you're in position to NJP before their next move hits your character.

4#.F413 and F414, on crouch block (if you hold crouch block) the second hit will always whiff, since its online you can D4 punish before he left anything else out,offiline you can 10f or 12 punish. on corner these strings will also whiff.

5#.F4~OS has a 14f gap, you can jump away from it, or armor out with a bang

6#.Be aware of Dash punches, they're highly punishable on whiff by 21~rd~us combos starters, or 10f punishers

7#.When Jax stops comming at you even when you have the life lead, this is the moment you want to start turtle him and zone him with ground and iads so he can start get in again (lookout for the jump ins), stay always a distance away from his dash Punch so he can't catch you on surprise by it, skarlet is still in position to punish Gp fakeouts by red dash slide (even if he cancels, he can't block after a dash cancel for a while), you can punish gp range traps by ex dash downslash if he reads a slide

8#.Pressure more with empty dashes after a D4 into d3 back dash to whiff punish pokes and red slide punish, or D4~rd~rs to make them jump out of it.

9.#d4~OS has a -2f gap, but its not a true link skarlet actually don't get stuck on the block stun, play close attention to how Jax d4 hits skarlet, if he is too far you can step away from the OS and whiff punish with F4 before he recovers
10#.Stay away from the corner as much as you can.
11#. Judge your distance well, sometimes you're expecting a dash punch or jump in, and they punish you with a ex OS
12#. Punish whiffed D4 with red dash slides everytime you see one, they can't jump out if you do it on reaction or reads.

----------------------------------------------------------

03.30 F34 on block makes them use dash punch a lot, be ready to punish

04:48 - adivice 10# and 4#.
05:06 - advice 11#
05:15 - advice 12#
05:45 - advice 2#
06:03 advice 7#

This is my insight, and if you look to the rest of your matches that starts at 06:23 you will see where to apply each of these advices by correcting your mistakes in the process, play safe against jax do not risk too much stuff on him, even mid screen, all his specials are safe on block.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Eddy Wang Thank you for the in-depth advice! Im definitely gonna work on everything.
Brainstorm only made you play his game, what you only need to do his make him play yours, do not follow any Jax rules, and avoid jump ins without throwing low daggers, and always crossup with jump kicks to low daggers, if it hits you get a d1~rd~rs for a 18% combo.

AssassiN

Noob
Glad to see you that you're playing with Skarlet, seems like you got the execution and combo's down with her.
I'm seeing some nice hitconfirms.

Skarlet general
1. You use F33 a lot, I would use it a lot less because the advantage and cancel advantage is not too good from that String.
2. Use B11F4 not so much as well, it's a good string but you use it when you JIP'ed. You should be going for 114 then, 0 on block and more cancel advantage that allows her to use RD mix-ups. Able to go into EX EDC if they are blocking standing or crouching and go for a whiffed dagger frametrap.
3. You use dagger way too close at certain moments.
4. Don't cancel F4 straight into DS, go into F4 +RD. Allows you to hitconfirm into a slash.
5. I'm seeing teleports while he is lying on the ground. Why?
6. He started D1'ing your cross-overs, a JIK into down dagger would have countered that and given you a free combo into pressure
7. Some combo's got too many hits where you'll end up resetting them too low and you'll have almost no advantage. You can get more damage when resetting them sooner instead of dragging on the combo a bit longer. + You get chip and build meter while they get no meter. Check out some threads in this forum, you'll find the recommended combo's somewhere.
8. You went for a lot of F43 and they hit. You should have gone more for F4 + RD, even if F4 whiffs your 3 will come out.

Jax MU
1. Punish a whiffed dash punch with 212, you'll get a lot more damage + reset into pressure
2. I don't think he ever canceled a GP, should have gone for RD + slide
3. If you don't know this, US whiffs on Jax' D3, sweep and GP(if he's at a certain animation). Just in case you try to do this while Red Dashing
4. Block his F4 and then let go of block, could have punished that OHS real nicely with D1 + RD.
5. U3 and F43 let his GP whiff. Use F43 when you're in range of his DP and he has no meter. Full-screen it doesn't really matter.

I'm liking what I'm seeing, there is just some stuff you need to work on.
Keep it up man, I'd love to see you play with Skarlet in a tourney one day :).
Improve this stuff, get some new matches in and show them to us again. Then we can talk pressure.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
@Assasin[be] All those teleports while he was on the ground were supposed to be d4's...lol my controller isnt the greatest. I use a bootleg gamestop xbox pad with a d-pad that looks and feels like a damn lego piece. xD

AssassiN

Noob
@Assasin[be] All those teleports while he was on the ground were supposed to be d4's...lol my controller isnt the greatest. I use a bootleg gamestop xbox pad with a d-pad that looks and feels like a damn lego piece. xD
Lol k, well I get those too when I play with Xbox 360 controller. Biggest part of the reason why I switched to the PS3 controller, I got too many teleports that were supposed to be D4's and bloodballs while going for B1. The only thing that works for me better on Xbox 360 is her zoning.
Could be that I just need a new controller, the left side of my D-pad is kinda broken(after 3 months, GGs Microsoft).

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Big D
Notice how when you sit at a stalemate when both of you are just blocking you like hitting d3 jump over. After d3 he likes to hit d1 for a counterpoke and in order to actually successfully punish a d3 you have to just frame the d1. Do a d3 bait his d1 and counterpoke. That or do can do pokes into armored links like d1-ex redslide overhead/low.

Big D
Notice how when you sit at a stalemate when both of you are just blocking you like hitting d3 jump over. After d3 he likes to hit d1 for a counterpoke and in order to actually successfully punish a d3 you have to just frame the d1. Do a d3 bait his d1 and counterpoke. That or do can do pokes into armored links like d1-ex redslide overhead/low.
brilliant. but the reason i was using d1 is because people cross over so commonly after a blocked d3 so i was going for anti airs. but yeah thats the way to deal with d1 counterpokes

jax outfootsies her with low damage and skarlet out zones him with low damage so its kinda interesting. but i think in the end it comes down to how much damage she does when she gets in and her low hit box. id say its pretty 6-4 match up wise.

AssassiN

Noob
makes me realize i need to throw more projectiles in the MU
Possibly, yes.
Skarlet is not allowed to trade, since her first dagger only does 2% on hit and the IFD 4% on hit.
But she can armor through at any point and get a nice 35% reset combo into more chip and pressure.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Possibly, yes.
Skarlet is not allowed to trade, since her first dagger only does 2% on hit and the IFD 4% on hit.
But she can armor through at any point and get a nice 35% reset combo into more chip and pressure.
Don't confuse not winning trades with not being able to zone with iadaggers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
what Ninj said.
If you keep lookin at iaD as flies and try to keep moving forward ignoring damage, better get ready for the shocking truth that is +25 on hit and deals 4% damage, she can continuously hit iad between each +25 frames if anyone in the game keep ignoring because they think are flies, now take 4 in a row and lets see where you would be.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Is it correct to say that her 114 is very similar to Sonya's? If that's the case, I'd be careful throwing that out against a crouch blocking Jax without a jip. You can get full combo punished for that.

AssassiN

Noob
Is it correct to say that her 114 is very similar to Sonya's? If that's the case, I'd be careful throwing that out against a crouch blocking Jax without a jip. You can get full combo punished for that.
The 4 doesn't whiff, the 11 does on Jax.
Only the first 1 whiffs when fighting characters with a slightly bigger hitbox.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Even on KL only the 1st move of the string whiffs, all the rest is mid, and it doesn't hurt to use on jax, unless he want to get blown up by B11f4 that its all mid.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I've only watched the 10 minutes. But I hardly saw down daggers on your jump ins.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2