What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho Bo rai cho buff suggestions

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Whats up tym! So its pretty clear that Bo needs some help and I'd like to hear you guys suggestions. Although i doubt anything significant will come in the future, possibly, last patch; the bo community should speak regardless.

General buffs.
Increased speed.
Decreased startup on certain strings.
*b233
*f3
*b3
make f2 a mid
Faster startup for fart

Drunken master
Df1 available on lvl 1 drunk
Better recovery on stomp

Dragons breath
meterless projectile.

Bartitsu
Better startup and recovery on variation specific normals and strings

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I can really only speak for Bartitsu...Not saying he should get all this, but he needs something.

Some kind of mobility buff is probably the first thing that should happen. I understand he's fat and that's hilarious and all, but he cant move. His dashes are god awful, and his run gets him full screen and he's out of stamina. So maybe if his run is that slow, please give us some dashes that start and end quick and actually cover a standard distance. He has the worst mobility in the game and gets super zoned by even the worst "zoners". Worst part is that once you do finally get in, your opponent has built 18 fucking bars from throwing shit at you for an hour. So once you get lucky and start a combo, it's immediately broken, you're thrown 20 feet away and have to get back in with no. fucking. stamina. Wow.

Keeping with the zoning...He has no mobility, and no decent way to armor through projectiles to get in. Monkey Flips doesnt move fast enough to catch anyone off guard from range, so they block it and full combo punish. Enter his Flying Kick. It doesnt really need armor because it's -8 on block. What it needs is a range buff. I'm not saying it needs to be like Liu Kang's Flying Kick, but maybe travel 2/3s of the distance. That, with a mobility buff should stop braindead zoning from being so effective.

Standing 1 is an 11 frame high that whiffs on just about any low blocking opponent. No really...it's really that bad. What really sucks here is his ability to punish. His best punisher is B1, which is a 14 frame mid. It's the only normal to consistently punish your opponent and because it's so slow, it cant punish things that other characters can. There's a few adjustments that should be made here. S1 should probably be 9 frames, and have it's hitbox adjusted slightly so it doesnt whiff quite so hard. S3 which is a 10 frame high, could be made to be safe to hit confirm into 341. 34 is -11. Why cant it just be -7 or -8? Or if it's going to be unsafe, make S3 a mid.

His fart seriously needs to come out a little faster. 33 frames is a joke. At 25 frames it's still slow, but at least he'll be able to combo better with it.

This last one could be more controversial, but I believe Kane Chaos (DB2EX) should be armored so he can wake up with it. I feel like Bartitsu is designed to keep opponents out of Bo's bubble. He controls space, and you dont really want to be near him because of all the mixups. He should be a threat on wake up. The move is full combo punishable...let the fat man wake up! This variation burns a ton of meter as it is, part of the balance is that the Bo player is going to have to make a read and a choice to burn meter to wake up. If he screws that read up, it really hurts the rest of his game.

Bartitsu isnt a "blender of death" to anyone with any skill, he gets low profiled all day, he cant play from outside jump distance whatsoever, he has no pressure game, he doesnt do big damage, he eats meter like it's candy and he's fucking slow. Please buff.

Last edited:

Cosmos

Noob
Whats up tym! So its pretty clear that Bo needs some help and I'd like to hear you guys suggestions. Although i doubt anything significant will come in the future, possibly, last patch; the bo community should speak regardless.

General buffs.
Increased speed.
Decreased startup on certain strings.
*b233
*f3
*b3
make f2 a mid
Faster startup for fart

Drunken master
Df1 available on lvl 1 drunk
Better recovery on stomp

Dragons breath
meterless projectile.

Bartitsu
Better startup and recovery on variation specific normals and strings
Faster walkspeed I agree.
I don't think he needs any frame changes to those strings, b233 is combo filler and f/b3 are fine as is.
F2 should be a mid and +2 which would give him a good footsie tool that would give him some armour baiting potential aswell as some block pressure into f1/throws.
Fart startup is fine considering what it gives, if anything slighter faster active frames but I don't think it needs changes.

Drunken Master
Df1 on level 1 would be nice
I think stomp is fine as is.
The only other change i'd like is one that Fly suggested which is for df2 to remove a level of drunk for better level management.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Oooh someone finally went ahead and made a buff thread.

F2 being a mid and slightly plus would be a good start.

I think Bo is in a place where if you buff the wrong thing even slightly then he goes from 0-100 real quick and I don't want him sitting pretty at the top like that.

He just needs a clear game plan. At the minute we have no idea how to use him. What is his objective? He has mix ups but they are easily telegraphed. He doesn't have pressure since everything barring like 2 buttons is negative and takes 12+ frames to come out. His footsies are non-existent given range and startup. His zoning is obviously non-existent.

He just doesn't make sense as a character. I say buff anything that strengthens his footsies and focus on that

TamedLizard

Buff George
I can really only speak for Bartitsu...Not saying he should get all this, but he needs something.

Some kind of mobility buff is probably the first thing that should happen. I understand he's fat and that's hilarious and all, but he cant move. His dashes are god awful, and his run gets him full screen and he's out of stamina. So maybe if his run is that slow, please give us some dashes that start and end quick and actually cover a standard distance. He has the worst mobility in the game and gets super zoned by even the worst "zoners". Worst part is that once you do finally get in, your opponent has built 18 fucking bars from throwing shit at you for an hour. So once you get lucky and start a combo, it's immediately broken, you're thrown 20 feet away and have to get back in with no. fucking. stamina. Wow.

Keeping with the zoning...He has no mobility, and no decent way to armor through projectiles to get in. Monkey Flips doesnt move fast enough to catch anyone off guard from range, so they block it and full combo punish. Enter his Flying Kick. It doesnt really need armor because it's -8 on block. What it needs is a range buff. I'm not saying it needs to be like Liu Kang's Flying Kick, but maybe travel 2/3s of the distance. That, with a mobility buff should stop braindead zoning from being so effective.

Standing 1 is an 11 frame high that whiffs on just about any low blocking opponent. No really...it's really that bad. What really sucks here is his ability to punish. His best punisher is B1, which is a 14 frame mid. It's the only normal to consistently punish your opponent and because it's so slow, it cant punish things that other characters can. There's a few adjustments that should be made here. S1 should probably be 9 frames, and have it's hitbox adjusted slightly so it doesnt whiff quite so hard. S3 which is a 10 frame high, could be made to be safe to hit confirm into 341. 34 is -11. Why cant it just be -7 or -8? Or if it's going to be unsafe, make S3 a mid.

His fart seriously needs to come out a little faster. 33 frames is a joke. At 25 frames it's still slow, but at least he'll be able to combo better with it.

This last one could be more controversial, but I believe Kane Chaos (DB2EX) should be armored so he can wake up with it. I feel like Bartitsu is designed to keep opponents out of Bo's bubble. He controls space, and you dont really want to be near him because of all the mixups. He should be a threat on wake up. The move is full combo punishable...let the fat man wake up! This variation burns a ton of meter as it is, part of the balance is that the Bo player is going to have to make a read and a choice to burn meter to wake up. If he screws that read up, it really hurts the rest of his game.

Bartitsu isnt a "blender of death" to anyone with any skill, he gets low profiled all day, he cant play from outside jump distance whatsoever, he has no pressure game, he doesnt do big damage, he eats meter like it's candy and he's fucking slow. Please buff.
You....I like you.

I wish he could throw his cane as a projectile in Bartitsu
MB DB1 that sends the cane out as a spinning projectile ala Kotal's sword please and thank you.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
EX DB2 having armor isn't OP at all, Tarkatan Alien has like 3 different flavors of armored launchers and a total of 1 billion armored moves lol.
F2 needs to be a mid, s1 should be faster and he should be safer on some of his strings. Why the f is s4 -22??

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Enter his Flying Kick. It doesnt really need armor because it's -8 on block. What it needs is a range buff. I'm not saying it needs to be like Liu Kang's Flying Kick, but maybe travel 2/3s of the distance. That, with a mobility buff should stop braindead zoning from being so effective.
You made some valid points but I like this buff in particular.
The only other change i'd like is one that Fly suggested which is for df2 to remove a level of drunk for better level management.
i really dont agree with that buff. Its a good buff dont get me wrong but it takes away from the risk reward aspect of dm.
I think Bo is in a place where if you buff the wrong thing even slightly then he goes from 0-100 real quick and I don't want him sitting pretty at the top like that.

He just needs a clear game plan. At the minute we have no idea how to use him. What is his objective? He has mix ups but they are easily telegraphed. He doesn't have pressure since everything barring like 2 buttons is negative and takes 12+ frames to come out. His footsies are non-existent given range and startup. His zoning is obviously non-existent.

He just doesn't make sense as a character. I say buff anything that strengthens his footsies and focus on that
i think his gameplan is somewhere along the lines of abusing the f3 or b3 strings. Trick is getting in :(
DM needs only one necessary buff:

df2 resets Level Drunk to zero
You sure you dont want plus frames? Cmon! I know you do lol
OMG @honeybooboo now you made us THAT community.
Everyone will hate us now, lol.

Edit: he really needs buffs though.
OMG @honeybooboo now you made us THAT community.
Everyone will hate us now, lol.

Edit: he really needs buffs though.
Lmao yea tym can be relentless at times. But hey, i really like this character and i feel like he needs some help

kevkopdx

Noob
if sumo stomp was sped up, like a lot, it could be a good anti zoning tool. as is, its near useless except for meterburning for extra damage .., i would take a reduction in damage if you could actually counter zone with it... thanks for finally makin this thread, bartitsu is awful in its current state

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
You made some valid points but I like this buff in particular.
i really dont agree with that buff. Its a good buff dont get me wrong but it takes away from the risk reward aspect of dm.
i think his gameplan is somewhere along the lines of abusing the f3 or b3 strings. Trick is getting in :(

You sure you dont want plus frames? Cmon! I know you do lol

Lmao yea tym can be relentless at times. But hey, i really like this character and i feel like he needs some help
if sumo stomp was sped up, like a lot, it could be a good anti zoning tool. as is, its near useless except for meterburning for extra damage .., i would take a reduction in damage if you could actually counter zone with it... thanks for finally makin this thread, bartitsu is awful in its current state
Without being rude, I find it hard to believe that his entire game plan was intended to revolve around a 20+ frame mixup.

But then the developers are NRS so who knows

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What i think
General

F2 mid
better run speed and walkspeed
B3 or B2 should hit a bit faster

DM
Instead of drinking giving only 10 seconds each time Bo drinks, it should add 10 seconds to the aditional remaining time, so if i drink twice in a row, bo gets 20 seconds instead of 10, if i have 5 seconds left and i drink, bo gets 15 seconds instead of just 10.
Being able to drink while in meditate stance
Being able to drink from F3, 1+3 or b3,1+3 when reaching lvl1 drunkness or above
Being able to drink from db2 meterless
better buffer to input dd1 after df1

Bartitsu

Give the character a mid so he doesn't get low profiled all day.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
What i think
General

F2 mid
better run speed and walkspeed
B3 or B2 should hit a bit faster

DM
Instead of drinking giving only 10 seconds each time Bo drinks, it should add 10 seconds to the aditional remaining time, so if i drink twice in a row, bo gets 20 seconds instead of 10, if i have 5 seconds left and i drink, bo gets 15 seconds instead of just 10.
Being able to drink while in meditate stance
Being able to drink from F3, 1+3 or b3,1+3 when reaching lvl1 drunkness or above
Being able to drink from db2 meterless
better buffer to input dd1 after df1

Bartitsu

Give the character a mid so he doesn't get low profiled all day.
Mashing dd1 after df1 for me works.